It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Nasty Truth Behind FOX News

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Where is this liberal media everyone is talking about?
I have yet to see it.

Don't you think if it were there, Bush would get called out all the time on the crap he pulls?
Dennis Kucinich would have been all over TV during his campaign.
People like O'Reilly, Glen Beck, Rush, Coulter, Karl Rove, Hannity, Lou Dobbs and dozens of others wouldn't have jobs.
There would be no talk of repealing Roe v. Wade on TV.
The war in Iraq would have been declared a failure in the media long ago.
List goes on and on...

But since we don't see that, I tend to see more of a conservative bias in the media.
Especially on Faux News




posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeadFirstForHalos
Where is this liberal media everyone is talking about?
I have yet to see it.
The MSM is classically quite liberal. If you don't "see" it, you are probably liberal yourself. A liberal won't see a bias that he or she agrees with.


Don't you think if it were there, Bush would get called out all the time on the crap he pulls?
Dennis Kucinich would have been all over TV during his campaign.
People like O'Reilly, Glen Beck, Rush, Coulter, Karl Rove, Hannity, Lou Dobbs and dozens of others wouldn't have jobs.
There would be no talk of repealing Roe v. Wade on TV.
The war in Iraq would have been declared a failure in the media long ago.
List goes on and on...

But since we don't see that, I tend to see more of a conservative bias in the media.
Especially on Faux News
You base your conclusion on your own very narrow and limited conditions.
The media has become far less critical of government, both democratic and republican alike. This is disturbing.



posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And I'm guessing you're one of the "I'm constantly being persecuted" conservatives.
Conservatives run things right now, and if you can't see it, get your eyes checked man.


I have to go to non-mainstream sources for nonbiased news, if I wanted biased news, I'd turn the TV on.



posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey, CNN seems to be supporting Clinton
MSNBC, especially my man Keith Oberman, supports Obama.
There is liberal bias out there but Fox is so slanted to the Right that all the others look "fair and balanced". What I do, is listen to all of them and then find the truth some place in the middle.
If, on the rare occassion, I know absoluetly nothing about a topic they are covering, I will look to the BBC or PBS and the Drudge report and AP and pool it all together to form enough of an opinion to keep my mouth shut about.
So many retards get a sound byte and then go all ranting their demogogery like they had a phd. in the subject.
Not watching the news at all, is not the answer, just use some critical thinking skills.



posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeadFirstForHalos
And I'm guessing you're one of the "I'm constantly being persecuted" conservatives.
Conservatives run things right now, and if you can't see it, get your eyes checked man.
Persecuted? I'm talking about the media creating a reality that bares little resemblance to the real world. It doesn't matter which way you perceive a slant, the problem is what you are not being told. The media is not free. Let me repeat that: The media is not free. They are not free to say what they want. They do not have a free hand to report on anything they deem newsworthy. They are all corporate owned and controlled. They tell you only what is approved from high up in the corporate management. If they are telling you about a scandal, it's only because it has been sanctioned by the corporation.



I have to go to non-mainstream sources for nonbiased news, if I wanted biased news, I'd turn the TV on.
Absolutely! TV news is a wasteland of propaganda and fear mongering. The internet is the only place you can find all the pieces.



posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Hey, CNN seems to be supporting Clinton
MSNBC, especially my man Keith Oberman, supports Obama.
There is liberal bias out there but Fox is so slanted to the Right that all the others look "fair and balanced". What I do, is listen to all of them and then find the truth some place in the middle.
If, on the rare occassion, I know absoluetly nothing about a topic they are covering, I will look to the BBC or PBS and the Drudge report and AP and pool it all together to form enough of an opinion to keep my mouth shut about.
So many retards get a sound byte and then go all ranting their demogogery like they had a phd. in the subject.
Not watching the news at all, is not the answer, just use some critical thinking skills.
A favorite way to slant the news without coming right out and saying so is to pick your sound bites from people who agree with your views. So called "experts" are carefully chosen to represent a predetermined viewpoint. That way the news organization can keep the appearance of impartiality while doing no such thing.
News organizations know exactly what they are doing and are very good at manipulating any event to correspond to their point of view. It's a good idea to believe nothing that you see on TV without independent corroboration from a trusted source. Even shows like Myth Busters are highly suspect. Everything on the History Channel should be taken with a healthy grain of salt. It goes on and on. It's best to just turn the idiot box off.



posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Much like I fail to see the difference in Republicans and Democrats (power hungry) I fail to see the difference among news networks whose only purpose is to sell Ad space. Not knocking the thread by any means, just pointing out that the main agenda of news is to sell ads and Fox is the easiest to target given that it is almost singular in the "right wing" side of politics. I personally don't watch tv news unless I am exposed due to location because of it's nature. Thanks for the vid



posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
the truth about fox--
they're all pompous right wing nutjobs...



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join