It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is McDonalds a government conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I was thinking the other day, and I realized that the government is probably making a lot of money off of fast-food restraunts, like mcdonalds. We eat there constantly, we get overweight, we pay for money to lose weight, get healthier, and to eat at mcdonalds more. This money goes to big pharmacy companies, which are often controlled by the government, therefore giving them money. what do you think? by the way, i'm completely new to ats so if i post this in the completely wrong place, i'm sorry, but i really dunno what i'm doing :]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Let's not do this.

Mod Edit - or this.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
lets not do what?
it won't let me add a single line post, but that's all i have to say.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This thread is a waste of time. If it were worth the time I would gladly source the answer to your question, but there is no conspiracy behind McDonald's and that's my final answer. No offense by the way, anything is worth thinking about, this one just won't pan out.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
well, think about it. millions and millions of people eat mcdonalds every day. many of these people it it every day, and after a fairly short amount of time, many of them get overweight. nobody wants to be overweight, but nobody wants to excercise, either, so the easy way out is weight-loss drugs. and who controls medicine, therefore making ridiculous amounts of money to fund our wars and progression towards a police state?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This topic has been covered recently. There was a thread along the lines of, why are we starving to death while fat?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
McDonald's Corp. has been sued more than once for their undeniable ability to cause obesity by eating a mere few cheese burgers per month. Also, McDonald's Corp. vice chairman and chief executive officer Jim Skinner (who did indeed spend 10 years in the Navy prior to his "food service days") is a shining example of who gets rich from a corporation such as this. The government receives their taxes, the "head honcho's" get rich. No conspiracy.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ok, so the government's getting lots of tax money from these rich ceo's of these fast food companies, who are making insane amounts of money from the millions upon millions of people who eat there daily, all across the world. so, not only is the government getting tax dollars from these men, but they're getting money from the companies who make these weight loss drugs. so, in the end, the government makes money, we lose money and get fat. does it not sound like the govt could be behind this?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't think there's necessarily a government conspiracy in regards to McDonalds, but is there a conspiracy say involving Monsanto? Sure.

McDonalds uses genetically modified food and contains animal growth hormones and pesticides. It is not healthy food. It probably doesn't help the fact they fry their food, but once GMOs, pesticides, and hormones are in your food its really a non-issue regarding fried food.

McDonalds is evil, and certainly a for-profit corporation. They do not care about Americans, unless they are stockholders.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I don't think there's necessarily a government conspiracy in regards to McDonalds, but is there a conspiracy say involving Monsanto? Sure.

Monsanto? I'm not familiar with that. What is it? Oh, and I know it's not related to this thread, but how do you put an avatar up? I can't quite figure it out. thanks.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by mr. wildflowers]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr. wildflowers

Monsanto is a agribusiness that genetically modifies bacteria and viruses into their food products. Their source of income involves selling patented seeds to farmers and then charging their neighbors after the wind disperses the seed elsewhere.

Type in Monsanto in the google search on Abovetopsecret to learn more. There are plenty of threads and videos on this forum alone and not pertinent to this thread.

McDonalds uses Monsanto food products, which is why I mentioned them in the first place, but [Monsanto] warrants its own thread.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ray Kroc bought out the McDonald Brothers for one reason - to make a profit with a highly attractive venture that the McD brothers were going nowhere with.

It's all about profit and free market enterprise. Coke do it, alcohol do it, big tobacco do it. They fit 'your' criteria of a 'conspiracy' for making people ill, making money, contributing taxes etc.

Whilst their product may not be nutritionally sound, (it is designed for maximum efficiency of production - thats how the Ray Kroc McDonald's started, fast food for the masses): they offer something that us poor saps want from time to time. Again, it is our choice to eat McDonald's, drink Coke, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, spend hours on the Internet and not exercise.

Big business - big marketing effort make big bucks. The bigger the bucks the bigger the tax contributions. A secondary outcome of this happens to be people who are addicted to the product that is produced to make this money. No direct intent on behalf of the said companies - more contributory negligence from both parties.

Now ... I'd kill for a smoke and a beer.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow. so, not only is the govt getting tax money from the CEO's of mcdonalds and the med companies, as well as the money from the companies that the govt controls, they're getting it from creepy fake food companies. and their owners. and the taxes from the people who supply mcdonalds with beef, bread, etc. and without mcdonalds, many of these companies would be making less money, paying less taxes, and the government would be getting less money.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

mcdonalds does not cause people to get fat. eating too much of it makes you fat. YOU CAN SAY NO TO MCDONALDS

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr. wildflowers
ok, so the government's getting lots of tax money from these rich ceo's of these fast food companies, who are making insane amounts of money from the millions upon millions of people who eat there daily, all across the world. so, not only is the government getting tax dollars from these men, but they're getting money from the companies who make these weight loss drugs. so, in the end, the government makes money, we lose money and get fat. does it not sound like the govt could be behind this?

Not really. It sounds like the fast food companies found a formula that works, but isn't necessarily good for the consumer, and the government taxes them just like every other corporation. You may as well accuse the government of being in charge of Microsoft and apple and the GAP and any other large corporation you can think of. The company makes money because people like to buy their products. The government makes money off of them because they have a graduated income tax in effect.

You'd have a better case with tobacco. The government taxes them extra hard, ostensibly to stop people from smoking due to the artifically increased costs of cigarettes. The tobacco companies just raise the prices, knowing that their customers are addicted and will continue buying at almost any cost. Both reap the income. At least over here in california, though, smoking has been drastically reduced.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I found it odd that McDonalds would have a hard time raising cash...
since they do 99% of their business in cash - globally, I would think the federal reserve would want a loan from them... not the other way around -- remember a few months back in the middle of that cash crunch...? McDonalds was having a hard time and needed cash ... I dont think they got it, or atleast I didnt hear they did. I found that odd... the number one business in the world selling dead cows that does most all business in cash needed cash...

new topics

top topics

join