It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should MDs let die in a pandemic? Report offers answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Who should MDs let die in a pandemic? Report offers answers

news.yahoo.com

CHICAGO - Doctors know some patients needing lifesaving care won't get it in a flu pandemic or other disaster. The gut-wrenching dilemma will be deciding who to let die...
...The suggested list was compiled by a task force whose members come from prestigious universities, medical groups, the military and government agencies. They include the Department of Homeland Security, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Department of Health and Human Services.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have always wondered what the criteria would be for those who are left to die. I guess we have our answer to that. I find it very interesting who came up with this list of criteria. DHS, CDC, DHHS are among those involved. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall in the room this meeting took place in. It seems those that made these decisions are playing God.
It saddens me that they would not try and help everyone that needs it. I am well aware that certain people take precedence over others when it comes to treatment. But from the sounds of this article, it is like they do not want to bother to help the less fortunate. I wonder how they are going to handle these folks. Will they quarantine them? Maybe ship them off to a camp to let them die. Or will they end up killing those that meet these criteria? These questions we will not have answers to until the time comes.
I guess this article gives us a clear indication of who the PTB wants to remain and who they want to get rid of. Pretty scary stuff.

I am going through mass casualty training right now for the DHHS. I am involved with the disaster mortuary. I am interested to see if these guidelines will be covered in any of my classes.

Here is another VERY interesting line from the article.

....members believe it's just a matter of time before such a health care disaster hits....

What are they trying to tell us when they say this?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/5/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread clsed-

join