It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDIC Secret - 99 Years To Pay! An ATS MIX Investigation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thought about motivation: Could this be a line from a script so that people don't move their money around? In essence a customer comes in and says I want to move my money to another insured location, then bank manager says why bother, even though it is insured they can take as long as they like to pay it back hence you may as well leave it where it is. That was my initial thought after reading the anon post above.

My thought is that by a bank manger saying something about the 99 year rule, what is the actual outcome this has on the persons decision about their finances. By mentioning this rule, who does it help?

the bank - by encouraging you to keep your deposit with that bank

themselves - making sure that you know the rule so they can't be blamed for what happens afterwards

you - they actually care about what may happen to you after a collapse regardless of the bank you are with and want you to know what you may face from the FDIC in that situation.

I'm from australia so not sure what it is like over there but those are my thoughts after reading the very interesting posts in thios thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
May be off topic but just saw this..

First National Bank of Arizona closes down

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

The mint has already "pulled dollars out of thin air". The value of the dollar has gone down, population has gone up. There is more money circulating now than metal to back it up, a ploy to strengthen the economy a few years back. I wish I could remember the newsreel clip, maybe it was Lehrer that reported on this?

Look at the financial mess the banks are in right now with mortgage companies. The government is bailing them out with funds they are pulling out of thin air, plus still financing the skirmish in Iraq. Not to mention the Social Security programs and welfare programs supporting people who cannot work or refuse to work. Where is all the money coming from?

My grandfather had a couple of one dollar silver certificates that looked similar to a dollar bill. When my uncle took them in to cash them, they were worthless. Apparently, the government had issued some kind of a recall of these certificates quite a while ago. To get the certificate, my grandfather gave the government a piece of silver some time after World War II, at the time worth the dollar. Now he gets nothing.

A dollar is only worth what you or I can do with it, which is becoming less and less. I think I will see the dollar become a worthless piece of paper during my lifetime, like my uncle saw my grandfather's silver certificate become. Remember when coins were minted with precious metals? A dime was worth 10 cents in silver. Now look..

FDIC protects itself with the loose language, "as soon as possible/reasonable" and like all official government documents, open to interpretation. Next day, is currently possible but so is 99 years in the event of a national crisis. Specific language will never be used in anything to do with money, insurance, religion, or the law! Unless, of course, you are found guilty of something. The punishment is detailed, direct and matter-of-fact.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
they can declare a bank holiday and not transact business until they feel the time is right. We have been advising people to keep a months supply of cash at home. If they declare a holiday they can stop credit card operations also. It's happening to us right now, we can't access our trading funds, the Reserve lost .03 on the dollar, everyone wanted their money at the same time. They say that it's necessary to maintain an orderly market.

If Mexico,US and Canada merge and create the AMERO they can dictate what to give you whatever on the US dollar as an exchange rate so metals are your safest bet. some are saying Gold will go to 2000.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

So Hillary won the bid and is going to be the next President, huh? I get a kick out of people who are so sure of themselves to make predictions like this and then advertise them. George W. Bush is one of those people who is sure of himself too. Crazy how that works, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The whole 99 year thing is bull. I know people in the regulatory field and ran this by them, each one scoffed at it. This scare tactic is just used by bankers trying to push higher margin products such as annuities.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was just told by the Vice President of BB&T that the FDIC has 50 years to repay and that it is on their site and that most do not know this. He said they have it buried and he has reviewed it and personally seen it.

Regardless, you will be dead anyways. If you have 200,000 to put in the bank you are surely over 40 so add 50 to that and you are dead.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

Well you were pretty much stupidly wrong weren't you. baw haw haw haw loser

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join