It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Freemason Marcus Aurelius mention Jesus in 200 AD?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alupang
it is amazing to watch "Christians", well aware there is NO historical evidence thier "Savior" ever existed, struggle over and over again to find the SLIGHTEST historical record of this mythical being. You never will, as "Jesus" is an archetype, not a reality.

It's also amazing that, with a minimal amount of research, I found this little nugget, as well as this one, both of which refute your statement.

Specifically:

Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus recorded information pertaining to Jesus, thus removing the only supporting source for His existence as being in the New Testament. In 115 A.D., Tactius wrote about the great fire in Rome, "Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberious at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their center and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths, Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired. Nero offered his gardens for the spectacle, and was exhibiting a show in the circus, while he mingled with the people in the dress of charioteer or stood aloft on a car. Hence, even for criminals who deserved extreme and exemplary punishment, there arose a feeling of compassion; for it was not, as it seemed, for the public good, but to glut one man's cruelty, that they were being destroyed."

What are we to assume now? If what he says is true, then Jesus Christ really DID exist.

Just some food for thought...

TheBorg

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Thank you for your reply.

I was beginning to wonder
if ANYONE stood up for Jesus
anymore.

Much appreciated.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alupang
it is amazing to watch "Christians", well aware there is NO historical evidence thier "Savior" ever existed, struggle over and over again to find the SLIGHTEST historical record of this mythical being. You never will, as "Jesus" is an archetype, not a reality.

Wrong, dude.

The Roman historian Tacitus, in his Annals, referred to “Christus,” who “was executed at the hands of the procurator Pontius Pilate in the reign of Tiberius”.

Suetonius, a popular Roman writer, declared that Claudius expelled the Jews from Rome because they “were continually making disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus”. “Chrestus” is a corrupted form of Christos (Christ).

Pliny, governor of Bithynia, wrote to the Roman emperor Trajan, asking for advice about how he should deal with Christians who made it a practice to meet on an appointed day to sing a hymn “to Christ as if to God”.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

I'm sure Jesus appreciates you standing up for him.

People, there is an entire movement based on the man.

They are called the Christians. To bad they don't follow his
teachings more.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well nobody's perfect, dude, but I certainly know a few people who try to live by Christ's teachings as best they can.

Maybe you need to change churches if things are as bad as that...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

I don't need to gather with others, to appreciate God.

But, in order to do the will of God (I believe), I must
expose those who would counter the will of God,

which is peace and good will on earth.

The earth IS the garden of Eden.

We just haven't been
very good gardeners.

One way or another,
God will have the
righteous living
as heaven on
earth, with
Jesus as