It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Perception of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Personally I think that this is a community of people who only wants to hear the things that they like to hear. Anything out of their interests are either bashed or ignored, and it's grinding my gears. People here seems to welcome pro-conspiracy topics and hate topics that denies a conspiracy. I remember people calling me ignorant for not believing in something that it totally absurd in my oppinion. Unpopular topics are also ignored due to the lack of background information.

This may be natural, but shouldn't we change a bit?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sadly you're a 2007/2008 member.
Your point of view is meaningless unless you can get in with a clique of members that joined at least a year before you.

O.K. I'm kidding, that's just something I saw in another thread, someone was bitching and moaning about how the boards have changed over the years and their lack of ability to keep up or change. :shk:

The purpose of ATS is to "Deny Ignorance", and if having a point proven wrong, or if you expect no rebuttal or challenge to information posted you're on the wrong site.

I read this site because the members challenge wild claims and suspicious information, and they actually seek the truth behind the curtain.

[edit on 5/5/08 by yuan de Fuca]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

excellent post. but you are quite wrong. People do change their views here. Most will tell you when I first joined ATS I was very suspicious of the masons.. and the illuminati to me were out to control the world and were the source of unspeakable evil! lol
Today after much time and discussion I am much more open minded about all things masonic and the illuminati.. well my view on them has done a total turnaround.
People do listen.. not all.. but some. That is why we go on discussing. That is how we learn and grow.. and ATS makes it possible.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

How long did that take?

It took me about three and a half years to for me to admit (to myself) that some of my political views were not consistent with my own core beliefs.

I was a defender of the neo-con form of Republicanism.
Not any more!

People are stubborn..

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by NephraTari

How long did that take?

It took me about three and a half years to for me to admit (to myself) that some of my political views were not consistent with my own core beliefs.

I was a defender of the neo-con form of Republicanism.
Not any more!

People are stubborn..

Oh it was a gradual process... took lots of discussions and research it was ever changing and probably still is to some degree but yes it took years. That is why I continue to discuss and research. there is always more you can learn.

new topics

top topics

join