It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the tax rebate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The schedule posted for the tax rebates is

Rebate check direct deposit or mailings will be made according to the last two digits of your Social Security numbers as follows:

Direct Deposit: Depending on the last two numbers of your Social Security Number, your rebate should be deposited by:

00-20: May 2
21-75: May 9
76-99: May 16

By Mail: Depending on the last two numbers of your Social Security Number, your rebate check should be mailed by:

00-09: May 16
10-18: May 23
19-25: May 30
26-38: June 6
39-51: June 13
52-63: June 20
64-75: June 27
76-87: July 4
88-99: July 11

usgovinfo.about.com...

My girlfriend qualifies for the rebate, and her number ends with 19, so she should have had her check direct deposited by Friday, since her tax return was recently direct deposited, and she received the letter that said she was eligible.

She still hasn't received it.

Anyone else out there that hasn't received their check when they were supposed to??

Can we count on the government, or is this just more lip service?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There are many people with direct deposit that have not received their rebates yet. I would wait until the 9th+ before she worries.

After that it could be a number of things. They may review her tax return or it may take another week. The schedule is a "rough" payment schedule.

If she had the tax refund deposited into multiple accounts, it will not be until later in the summer.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Comsence2075]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A co-worker received his today.

I hope mine shows on time, I'm supposed to use some of it to go on a weekend getaway. I've already made reservations and lots of plans.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
same here. waiting for mine so i can have and end of month mini holiday

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was scheduled to get mine by the 3rd. HOWEVER........Since I had my taxes done with H&R Block I will be getting mine in a check instead of direct deposit.

I found this out by calling the IRS, because I paid for my tax preperation using my refund check it had to go through H&R Blocks bank, so they will not direct deposit my rebate.

step 1- H&R does taxes

Step 2- H&R direct deposits my refund via there bank account into my bank account in order to pay for their services.

Step 3- I now have to wait another 3 weeks to get my rebate

Hope that helps explain things for some of you.

Bottom line if you went through a tax preparer call them or the IRS and they will tell you when your money should arrive.

Oh and you can go to www.irs.gov and also check on your status.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by freedomataprice]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What I don't understand is here I am a single father with a 3 year old child and I only qualified for $600? What do you have to do to qualify for the full amount for crying out loud.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There cant be much rhyme or reason to it i didnt make more than 32000 last year and they gave me the 600 ammt.(Full time working 24 year old male) It showed up in my checking acct yesterday as a direct deposit the same as when i got my tax return.. Sure pays to have that direct deposited instead of the check.. those other folks might have to wait till july which is absurd 2 months for mailing.. machines do it
joe

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Localjoe3]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Use the Gov's online calculator to find out how much you're getting.

Here

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I love that quote at your signature line. That's hilariousl and so true.

You should get the 300 bucks for your child. I would check that out if I were you.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am really bummed out now, according to the chart here I won't get mine until week of June 13. I need it NOW. Dang.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We used taxact online and direct deposit. I wonder if I get a paper check for using them or direct deposit? I'm not worried about when or if I get it because it's government and they'll drive you crazy waiting on something from them. I'm working and depend only on my check and will not make any plans for the rebate check until I see it!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well after looking into this a little more I now know the $600 is for myself and I am getting an addition $300 for my daughter.So the total ends up being $900.Hey I guess thats not to bad....that $900 more than I had yesterday.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I received a $600.00 direct deposit on 5/9/08

I wish I could use it for something fun, but the first thing I did was pay my power bill.

For the first time in a while, I have my head a little above water.

I hope everyone starts to get there checks shortly.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Nice. I wish I was out of the house, my rebate was a nice 900 going straight to "better causes." Sucks to be broke and owing T.T

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Has anyone received a rebate by mail yet???

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i'm 32 and I have still havent gotten any direct deposit

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I got mine last week and have enjoyed the shopping!

I got it direct deposted

[edit on 13-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i should've gotten mine on the 9th but nothing yet. they say to give them to weeks after the date. but i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
so has anyone heard whats up with the rebate status. i am a ssn 49 and had direct deposit. if u read it right i shoulda gotten mine on the 9th. anyone else late like that?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I paid in this year for the first time ever, gave them my account number and the IRS very quickly (within two days of filing) took the ~$62.00 from my account that I decided to voluntarily pay.

Yet rather than directly depositing this rebate, I have to wait for a paper check in the mail? I don't get why all those who had a 'refund' directly deposited get their rebate so fast, yet those of us who paid in using the same direct bank account system, have to wait for a paper check.

Apparently 'direct withdrawal' isn't the same as 'direct deposit' to them...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join