It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the weather??/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok so we've talked about the cluster of earthquakes happening in the west coast and Nevada region. The wave of tornadoes that touched down recently and now the cyclone that hit Burma with what could be over TEN THOUSAND dead. Um...what gives... seems to me the earth is trying to shake us all off of its back like the annoying little pests we are.

Oh and now lets add this...

10,000 year old volcano comes to life

[edit on 5-5-2008 by rhawkins]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhawkins
Ok so we've talked about the cluster of earthquakes happening in the west coast and Nevada region. The wave of tornadoes that touched down recently and now the cyclone that hit Burma with what could be over TEN THOUSAND dead. Um...what gives... seems to me the earth is trying to shake us all off of its back like the annoying little pests we are.

Oh and now lets add this...

10,000 year old volcano comes to life

[edit on 5-5-2008 by rhawkins]

That's... pretty normal. This # happens ALL THE TIME. Do you realize how big the world is? Somebody somewhere is bound to be getting screwed over by some unlikely disaster, be it a tsunami in the Indian ocean, a massive earthquake in Iran or Java or Naples, a hurricane in Honduras, an earthquake in Tangshan or Shaanxi China. The hurricanes aren't even any more impressive or frequent than those we had in the 60s. More intense than those we had in the 70s-80s though. They might come in waves.

Basically, you're just being myopic. Things like this have been going on for as long as mankind has been around. the death toll is also not particularly high considering that we've got about six times as many people as we did at the start of WWI.

As for the increased earthquakes on the west coast, that's where I live, and I haven't felt any yet. Maybe they happen at night, and I'm a sound sleeper, but nobody I know has mentioned any, and they're certainly done nothing of consequence over here. There are unreinforced masonry buildings in my town still (bars), so if one hits, people are gonna die.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What you're seeing in the weather are signs - the Tribulation has begun and it will not be getting any better. It will lead to the battle of Armageddon. If you're interested in finding out more information, visit the link in my signature.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

True, i could be interpreted as a sign of Revelations (for those who are religious) but these kinds of things have been happening for thousands of years. Don't get me wrong, I am a person of faith myself, but heck, if things like this were supposed signs the "tribulation", how are we to know, after all people said the same thing with the WW1, WW2, the war in Vietnam, hunger in Africa, Y2K etc.

I think your link in your signature (a religious site) really isn't a place for "scientific" explanation or anything else based on fact and proof (which most members on ATS demand) I am faithful but blind faith without question is a dangerous thing.

Back to the OP: these type of natural disasters and weather are a normal / natural occurrence for our planet. again these things have been happening for thousands of years.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
What you're seeing in the weather are signs - the Tribulation has begun and it will not be getting any better. It will lead to the battle of Armageddon. If you're interested in finding out more information, visit the link in my signature.

"what you're seeing" is a combination of solar/galactic phenomena that cause slight instability in the planetary bodies, COMBINED with black ops gov./darpa funded projects like HAARP creating cyclonic aberrations in the atmosphere and tectonic warfare weapons to induce the conditions written about in your book, so that people like you go off the deep end and all panic and follow whomever THEY choose for you to follow.

call it "god" for all i care.. you're just flattering them.

man..

so many mindless people....

so little time...

-

[edit on 5-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's anecdotal. Nothing new really, you just notice it more because, to be honest, you haven't been alive that long in the grand scheme of things.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Found a great video of the eruption, and inside a town in the path of the ash.

[edit on 5/6/08 by Cyprex]

new topics

top topics

join