It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GREEN SKY in Northern New Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So this was about 10 years ago. My friend and I were up late one night playing video games. When all of a sudden the night started flashing bright green. I mean it wasn't just a flash coming from a certain direction. This was like the sky was completely green! and it was flashing! We immediately dropped to the floor, the first thing that came to our minds we ALIENS! LOL but we dropped and we were freaking out, so we went downstairs and stayed there but the whole sky was still flashing green and it was coming through the windows. It did that for a couple minutes and stopped. No one mentioned it the next morning or anything! It was so weird but I've been trying to find answers behind it.

oh and my dad happened to be outside in his workplace and he witnessed the same green sky. No one made any mention of the sky the next few days and I didn't see anything on the news. I've been wondering if anyone else knew anything about this? ideas?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Was it green like this...the Aurora Lights, which I see ALL the time here? They tend to move....You can watch them "dance" across the skies
These photos taken by me, this past winter

Is this what you saw?

[edit on 5-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 5-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Not at all. It wasn't a haze like or green fog like but rather, the whole sky turned green. Flashed green. I asked several people the next day about it but it was late in the night so everyone was asleep.

EDIT
and the only that I've been able to find was back in the late 40's there used to be reports of green fireballs in the sky in the area that I used to live in. Which would be in Las Vegas, New Mexico.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by snookhums]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snookhums

I believe there is a recent thread on what you might be seeing:HERE

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was out at 0400 taking the dogs for the short walk one morning before work about 8 yrs ago. I saw a strobe like effect of green, red, and blue in s large swath of the sky. It was a fall morning with just a touch of frost in the air. Naturally I thought it was the plane strobe light on top of Metro hospital, but I could just make that out through the trees and that wasn't it. I guesstimate the swath area illuminated was easily 15 miles. Never saw anything like it before or since.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No, that wouldn't be it. I did read that thread and thats what reminded me about it. And so, I've decided to post it to see if anyone else might have heard of something like that happening around 1998/99.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I believe that would have been roughly the same time line as my experience. Related? The odds are not favorable. But who knows.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

it's possible. I do know that it happened one more time about a year later. this time it happened when I was driving home alone so I didn't have anyone there to verify it.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had two diffrent instances with a green light, both late at night. One was in Kanas and the other just as I went over Raton Pass into New Mexico. Both times it was very dark, middle of no where, green flash- almost like I got a fly over... just over the roof of my cab (I drive tractor trailers). I dont know if this is simliar or not.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
that would be kinda similar but the sky was flashing green. this is in Las Vegas, NM which is like 2 hrs away from Raton Pass. Could be similar... hmmm...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I was about a half yen away of calling the non emergency police line that morning to report it. But thought, what the heck do I say? I see a quarter of the sky lighting up and strobing. Kind of wish I did anyway in hindsight.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Wow - beautiful pics! Are you in Alaska? I haven't seen Aurora Borealis for a few years myself... Looks like you get some nice shows.
J.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Wow - beautiful pics! Are you in Alaska? I haven't seen Aurora Borealis for a few years myself... Looks like you get some nice shows.
J.

Yes, I am!
They are incredible here! In fact, pretty magical!!! I am always in awe of them

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What was the weather that night?
I've seen green (usually some purple mixed in) skies in daylight in advance of some MAJOR weather moving in here in Florida.
I call it tornado weather.
Maybe the flashes were lightning?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've seen this!

Actually i was just searching to see if anyone else had seen it. I found green flashes related to sunsets, green sky related to tornadoes, and the northern lights. What happened to me was this: Me and three friends were driving through rural western new york about four years ago, from buffalo to the town we live in, and as we slowed to a corner, the entire sky turned green. I compare it to the how bright the earth gets from really powerful lightning, like a flash of daylight, but bright neon green. It stayed green for about two to three seconds, and then we all basically freaked out. I had almost forgotten about it, until about a month ago. A different friend and i were driving by the same place i found it, and i started to tell him about it i said "...and i saw a.... He cut me off, and said "green flash." I flipped out, but he proceeded to explain to me that about ten miles away, in the suburb of lancaster, he and another friend stopped at a house, started to go inside, then saw a green flash for two to three seconds, followed by a red flash for two to three seconds.

I can't find any more information on it though, this is the only thing even close to what I experienced.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My first thoughts were the Aurora lights, but you never know.
Fireworks perhaps? Was there any noise?
Maybe even the dreaded, dare I mention, flares?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Many years back, while up in Michigan, I witnessed almost exactly what you are describing here. The entire sky flashed green from horizon to horizon in what appeared to be waves of green light. At first I thought it was the rotating beacon from the airport I was near, reflecting off the clouds, but then I saw the actual object explode in a shower of sparks. It ended up being a green colored Bolide that exploded in the atmosphere, then landed in Ontario.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
No, it wasn't like the northern lights or even fireworks.

It was less like a brief flash and more like the the sky just was green. Like the light reflected when you put green cellophane over a flashlight, except the it encompassed everything i could see. My first thought was maybe a transformer exploded, but there wasn't any noise to it. It happened at night too, so it was a stark contrast between seeing only moonlight, and everything being washed in green.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Many years back, while up in Michigan, I witnessed almost exactly what you are describing here. The entire sky flashed green from horizon to horizon in what appeared to be waves of green light. At first I thought it was the rotating beacon from the airport I was near, reflecting off the clouds, but then I saw the actual object explode in a shower of sparks. It ended up being a green colored Bolide that exploded in the atmosphere, then landed in Ontario.

This seems closest to what i observed. The only difference is that you say you noticed it "from horizon to horizon," and i just remember it as, not being green, everything was green, and not being green again, like a light switch.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greenflash

So what do you think it was?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join