It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK/Iraq Conspiracy unearthed during the Iraq War in 2003....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Can anybody help me to pinpoint the source or news story that originally mentioned this conspiracy...? I've been going nuts looking for anything relating to this:

All I can recall is I was watching a special BBC or CNN broadcast in 2005 or 2006, (sorry I can't be more specific) featuring a reporter standing inside a bombed out building in Baghdad shortly after the fall of Iraq in 2003. The building was a former Baath Party government office, and the story was mentioning the destruction and chaos Baghdad had suffered. He then mentioned something about looting and how the streets were strewn with papers and documents. After which, he showed in his hand a set of documents he claimed to have found in the building revealing that throughout the 1980's and 1990's the UK was forcing Iraq to supply with them a truckload of oil a year under threat of invasion from the UK and US or making some sort of secret arrangement with them in exchange for oil. Something of that nature....

Apparently the reporter had sent these papers to some government official or authority in the UK and inquired about it on a serious level and an official response was even released saying it's a complete falsehood and that the UK never forced Iraq to supply oil.
Unfortunately I didn't catch all of the report, and I have not since come across anything remotely similiar being reported on in the news media or from alternative sources...

I'm wondering if anyone can help ascertain the source of this info and whether there is any basis to the allegations?

[edit on 5/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Anyone??

I'd really like to see if this thing was actually true.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

join