It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Sex Slave Dungeon Daughter Looks Now... After 24 Years Locked in a Cellar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
See Article: www.thisislondon.co.uk

Haunted: Elisabeth Fritzl as a fresh-faced teenager and how she looks today (above).

Doctors say her teeth, hidden here behind her pursed lips, are horrifically decayed due to the years she lived in the windowless dungeon below her parents' home in Amstetten.

Fritzl allegedly started sexually abusing her when she was just 11 and is believed to started plotting to lock her up in his cellar at around the same time.

The image is a stark contrast to the last known picture of his daughter as a fresh-faced teenager before she was incarcerated and forced to become a sex slave.

It was created based on interviews with police and doctors who have been caring for her since she emerged from the cellar last weekend and is said to be an "accurate artist's impression" of the woman today.

Police say she now looks like the sister, rather than the daughter, of her mother, Rosemarie, 67, who was completely unaware of the "house of horrors" beneath her Doctors say her teeth, hidden here behind her pursed lips, are horrifically decayed due to the years she lived in the windowless dungeon below her parents' home in Amstetten.

Fritzl allegedly started sexually abusing her when she was just 11 and is believed to started plotting to lock her up in his cellar at around the same time.

The image is a stark contrast to the last known picture of his daughter as a fresh-faced teenager before she was incarcerated and forced to become a sex slave.

It was created based on interviews with police and doctors who have been caring for her since she emerged from the cellar last weekend and is said to be an "accurate artist's impression" of the woman today.

Police say she now looks like the sister, rather than the daughter, of her mother, Rosemarie, 67, who was completely unaware of the "house of horrors" beneath her feet.

Her father was a prolific child-abuser & sexual-deviant. He took trips to Thailand & other exotic areas to get his children off his mind, while other children got on him.

About Photo:

Fritzl gets a massage on the beach during one 'boys holiday' to Thailand as his daughter and three of her children remain locked up in his cellar back in Austria.

About Photo:

House of horror: Behind this facade of normality, the retired electrical engineer hid his secret family in a windowless dungeon in the basement for years

UPDATE:

CNN's Phil Black updates the case of incest in Austria where Josef Fritzl appeared in court today. www.telegraph.co.uk

Josef Fritzl, 73, allegedly dragged his daughter Elizabeth into the specially constructed cellar when she was 18 and then repeatedly raped her, fathering seven children with her, three of whom were also held captive underground. The door to the dungeon was disguised behind a shelf in a work room and was protected by an elaborate series of locks with a code built by electrical engineer Fritzl. Today it emerged that he also had a second home less than two miles away where another cellar contained a stone bath and giant hacksaw.

The dungeon at his first house was made of solid reinforced concrete and contained a series of three rooms linked by uneven corridors 5ft high and 2ft wide. The whole area measured only 60 square metres. Photographs taken by Austrian scenes of crime officers showed a scene of squalor. The first room was a bathroom and the second two for sleeping in. On the white tiled walls of the bathroom the alleged captives had painted an octopus, a snail, a chubby butterfly and a flower.

There was a toy elephant perched atop a mirrored medicine cabinet. Police also found bits of paper and glue on the floor that they had been using to make toys. One of the rooms had been soundproofed with rubber cladding. Police said it was believed this was because at least one of the children suffered from epilepsy.

Elizabeth, now 42, had been kept in the dungeon in a quiet suburban street in the town of Amstetten, with her daughter Kerstin, 19, and sons Stefan, 18 and Felix, five. They were discovered only after Kerstin was taken to hospital eight days ago when she became unwell and police became suspicious.

Kerstin lapsed into a coma.

A police source said: "It was a terrible scene down there. The five-year-old was able to be driven away in a car but he and Stefan both had difficulty adjusting to sunlight. They had never seen it before."

The children had a television in the dungeon but had never seen the real world outside. Upstairs their three siblings Lisa, 16, Monika, 14, and Alexander, 12, were living an apparently normal life with Fritzl and his wife Rosemarie.

Fritzl and Rosemarie, 60, also had seven other children together -- five sons and two daughters, including Elisabeth.

Police sources said they were satisfied Rosemarie did not know about the secret dungeon. She was today at a psychiatric hospital being reunited with Elisabeth who now has white hair and very pale skin. Fritzl has allegedly confessed to holding his daughter captive in the cellar and fathering seven children by her. One of those, a twin, died and he allegedly incinerated the body in an oven.

Elisabeth had taught her children to read and write and Fritzl brought them food. His cover story over the years was that Elisabeth had run away aged 18 but returned three times to drop off children on his doorstep.

Those three children were then formally adopted and raised in a normal way by Fritzl and Rosemarie. Fritzl said a note had been left by Elizabeth each time saying she couldn't look after the child...

More at: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here are pictures of where she lived

sourcewww.smh.com.au...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This entire thing is just sick and twisted. How anyone, especially the father, could to this to a child is beyond me. I hope he gets the worst punishment they can give him, though sadly even that wouldn't bring this poor girl justice.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A truely terrible story. I have been thinking that its fortunate the daughter and her kids are out or what would of happened to them had the father died? No one would ever have found them in the cellar.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I heard earlier in the news that Fritzl might be trying for some sort of mental illness plea.

In a way, i'm sorta glad they found out about this now instead of later - i mean this just makes me think of that jersey hostel with the underground dungeon complex and that went un-discovered for 40 years...

Does anyone actually know how they uncovered this little horror in the first place?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

Thanks for sharing that link. I'll remember to view those images of her house.

reply to post by Saturn

I know what you mean. That guy is a horrible person. I would be surprised if he even gets the death-penalty, in Austria.

reply to post by xtr3m3paranoia

That's true. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and bringing up good points, as usual.

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I see what you mean. I appreciate your reply. I don't know how they discovered that horror-house or that hostel in New Jersey. I'll try to find out more about those 2 places.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChadAndrewATS

I see what you mean. I appreciate your reply. I don't know how they discovered that horror-house or that hostel in New Jersey. I'll try to find out more about those 2 places.

The incident i mentioned was actually in the haut de la garenne in Jersey - the channel islands, if there was an incident in new jersey that just adds to the horror.

I can't help but feel the hate...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I apologize, I misunderstood you, several minutes ago. I thought you meant New Jersey, at that time. I also hope there isn't any hostels in New Jersey. As usual, news of those hostels in Europe & other places, may be exposed, soon.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
DNA 'backs Austrian incest claim' (BBC News

DNA evidence supports an Austrian man's confession that he fathered six children by his daughter while keeping her prisoner for 24 years, police say.

Lower Austria police chief Franz Polzer said Josef Fritzl, 73, had completely deceived his wife, his family and the authorities in the town of Amstetten.
Hospital officials meanwhile said Mr Fritzl's daughter and her children had experienced an "astonishing" reunion.

They met at the clinic where they are receiving psychiatric treatment.
Earlier, Mr Fritzl was detained for a further 14 days by a regional court in the provincial capital of St Poelton. On the advice of his lawyer, he did not speak to the examining magistrate.

His lawyer told the BBC that although Mr Fritzl showed no signs of remorse, he looked very sad and "emotionally broken".

Reunion
Speaking at a news conference in Amstetten afterwards, the director of the psychiatric clinic at a local hospital said Fritzl's daughter Elizabeth, now 42, had been reunited with five of her six children and her mother there on Sunday morning.

"It was astonishing how easily it happened - how the mother and grandmother came together," Berthold Kepplinger said.

Three of the children were kept in the cellar with their mother and had never seen daylight. The other three were adopted or fostered by Mr Fritzl, after he forced Elisabeth to write letters saying she could not look after them.

The eldest, 19-year-old Kerstin, became seriously ill earlier this month and had to be taken to hospital, where she is currently in a coma. She was imprisoned by Mr Fritzl along with her 18- and 5-year-old brothers.

Police have said there is no evidence to suggest the grandmother, Rosemarie, nor any of the seven children she had with Mr Fritzl, were aware of any of the alleged crimes.

Mr Kepplinger said the family members had interacted very naturally, although he said two of the children who had spent their lives underground had a way of communicating that was "anything but normal".

"The children are quite well, they are under investigation, there is a professional team consisting of psychiatrists, neurologists, psychotherapists, speech therapists, physiotherapists, a whole team is working on this," he said.

"One important thing is not to over treat them."

Mr Kepplinger said Elisabeth had spoken "quite a lot" about what she had gone through in captivity, but declined to provide details.

"It was definitely dreadful for her and for her children," he added.

'Decisive evidence'
Speaking at the same news conference, police officials said their investigations and genetic evidence gathered since Sunday had confirmed statements made by Elisabeth and Mr Fritzl's confession.

"The DNA tests provided decisive evidence that the six children that Elisabeth gave birth to have the same father," Franz Polzer said.

Mr Polzer said that letters which Mr Fritzl had forced Elisabeth to write had played an important part in deceiving his family and the authorities since her disappearance in 1984, when he allegedly lured her into the cellar of their house and locked her up.

The first letter said Elisabeth had run away, joined a religious sect and asked police not to look for her. Others explained why she had left three of the children on the doorstep of the family home over the years.

Mr Polzer said the last two letters Elisabeth was forced to write had provided considerable evidence to confirm her allegations. The second to last was found in the clothes of Kerstin, when she was admitted to hospital on 19 April.

Mr Fritzl also had another letter with him, Mr Polzer said, where his daughter raises the possibility of returning to the family, bringing with her two sons, aged 18 and five years old.

Mr Polzer said Mr Fritzl had shown the last letter to police as evidence that he did not know about his daughter's whereabouts.

"The biological tests show clearly that this letter, a normal letter with a stamp, was without doubt created by one Josef Fritzl," he added.

"You can be sure that this man left nothing undone in order to deceive the family, his wife, the relatives, the children and everybody around him," he added. "He had no scruples to use every possible means to deceive the public and cover up his crime."

Mr Polzer said official records showed that Mr Fritzl had no criminal convictions from the past 15 years and that the statute of limitations would apply to any earlier offences he may have committed.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

No need for apologies, i don't judge people for their mistakes.

P.S: And of course, i suppose i could have been more specific - i often make that mistake where location names are concerned.

I mean, there are three different places on earth called newcastle, did you know?

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thanks for telling me all of that. I didn't know there were 3 different places called, Newcastle, but I do know there are several cities in America, which are named after many foreign-cities.

Authors at Wikipedia.org will be updating their page about the Fritzl incest-case, quite frequently during this month:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef

Criminal Record

Police files show that Fritzl was first recorded as a criminal sex offender in 1967. His record includes a conviction for raping a young woman in the Austrian city of Linz, a crime for which he served an 18 month prison sentence, another attempted rape and an arrest for exposing himself in public in front of women. The revelation of his criminal record led to renewed criticism of the Austrian Police and Social Services systems as critics demanded to know how a man with a sexual conviction criminal record was legally able to adopt three of the children he had with his daughter, Elisabeth.

Martina Posch

It was reported on April 30, 2008 that the Austrian police were investigating whether Fritzl might be connected to an unsolved murder case from more than twenty years earlier. The body of Martina Posch, a 17-year-old girl, was discovered in 1986 near a lake where Fritzl owned a hotel and restaurant. Having vanished 10 days earlier, her corpse was found on the shore of Mondsee lake near Salzburg, and she was believed to have been raped. On May 1, Austrian police spokesman Franz Polzer denied media reports that authorities were looking into Fritzl's ties to the unsolved murder, and said although they may investigate possible links in the future, at this time there was no investigation.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
oh my god.

i think i'm going to be sick.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As if the story wasn't disgusting enough, the fact that this man has a prior conviction of rape and only served a year and a half...

This is truly depressing. Whoever sentenced him should share in some of the responsibility for the suffering his daughter had to go through.

Why did nobody ask any questions when babies were showing up at his house? Why didn't his wife ask questions?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lowbeam

I think she might have been almost as wicked as him, or she was willfully ignorant of what he was really doing, in his cellar, and why he brought so many babies to her.

Sister-in-Law: Austrian 'Horror Father' Was Like a Tyrant

In an exclusive television interview with The Associated Press, a woman who identified herself as Josef Fritzl's sister-in-law provided intimate details of the oppression inside the Fritzl home.

The woman, who has pictures of herself with the family, asked only to be identified as Christine R. to avoid public attention and throngs of journalists seeking interviews.

She said Fritzl's daughter Elisabeth ran away from home as a 17-year-old, about six months before police say she was locked into the soundproofed, windowless cellar beneath their apartment.

Christine R. also painted the most complete picture to date of her sister Rosemarie: a woman who against all odds fought to hold together a troubled family, yet never suspected that the cause of so much pain was in her own home.

Click here to see photos of Josef Fritzl and the "House of Horrors."

Relative: Fritzl sadistic toward wife - UPI.com

The sister-in-law of Josef Fritzl, who confessed to holding his daughter Elisabeth in the cellar for decades, said Fritzl enjoyed humiliating his wife, 68-year-old Rosemarie, during social gatherings at the couple's home in Amstetten, The Independent reported Friday.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lowbeam

spot on, it's pretty obvious that this man was quite wealthy and had considerble influence over his environment.

he was apparently able to house, clothe and feed a dozen children, that alone should tell you something and his wife's claims she knew nothing are pure BS, i mean here's a basement which is off limits to everyone, where he spent lots of time, whch at one point had a radioactive fallout shelter, but then nobody seemed to remember. !?!??!!

BS

i say organized snuff ring, who knows how many kids he made by rape, who would have known if some of them had vanished? the childrens' ages should tell you something, 18, 19, then what, 5 years old? even if you throw the three 'adopted' into the mix, 24 years leave a lot of headroom.

the entire episode reeks and it's not the first time, either:

see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.smh.com.au...

i have a feeling that Austrian paedo rings are just sloppier than the run of the mill and frequently get exposed and then, there's Murphy's Law.

PS: i wonder if a 18 months conviction for rape is normal, i mean this smells. prevailing influence hard at work!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Josef Fritzl may get life in prison. He would be a danger to any unguarded child that he encounters if he was released into the general population, again. He has already mentioned that he's a psycho, and there are plenty of people to support that claim.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is some new news about the daughter suing the old man.

sourcewww.reuters.com...

VIENNA (Reuters) - Austrian Elisabeth Fritzl, who was imprisoned by her father for 24 years and gave birth to seven of his children, may sue her father for compensation, her lawyer said on Tuesday.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Apparently according to an article on Sky News, He (Josef Fritzl) as debts close to £1.5 million.

news.sky.com...

Another link:

www.upi.com...

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Marshall Ormus]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Gah, this story has been so unbelievable. Every bit of new information about it makes my skin crawl.

I don't think humanity has a punishment for such a crime. I wish we didn't have to have one.

top topics

join