It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Earthquake in the mid-west, Is the writing on the wall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This morning there was a 2.7 earthquake in Fenton Mo around 6:30 AM.
Earthquake Confirmed in Fenton This earthquake did no damage and most people didn't even feel it, some did hear a boom North America Region

Is this just the beginning to something much larger?

Can we expect the Big one soon?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There are hundreds of earthquakes of that magnitude across the planet every day.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
There are hundreds of earthquakes of that magnitude across the planet every day.

Thanks for the reply and I completely agree with you. However there is seldom Earthquakes in the area I'm referring too, and I would also like to draw attention to the recent Earthquakes in Illinois. Seems to me there is a increase in the movement of the Earth below our feet.

Are these just flukes or just rare events or are they a sign of things to come?

I do believe there is a increase of Earthquakes worldwide ?

any more information would be great!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

I would appreciate more info as well. Are more earthquakes being registered recently around the world? In the last year? Months?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
When I went to bed last night , I felt a quaking in my body, falling asleep the last thought was that there will be an earthquake.

Have you ever considered that they are trying to stave off the big yellowstone cauldera erruption? Could be aliens intervening?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deluded

I'm still trying to find this out, I did find this but:

We continue to be asked by many people throughout the world if earthquakes are on the increase. Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant.
Are Earthquakes Really on the Increase?

It really doesn't answer the question at hand.

Another interesting tidbit is the Edgar Cayce and Scallion theories of possible Earth changes in our near future, where would we expect earthquakes to occur if our world was to look like this?

Antar please do keep us informed if you continue to have these feelings??

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That map is a little bit scary if you ask me.

Do you have a link to a larger size of the map? It's a little hard to read the size it is right now.

Tela

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

I didn't have any luck finding a larger version of the map, it's one of those "the end of the world is nigh, but we would like to sell you a copy of this map" thing.

But I did find this that links to several other possible future maps.

earthchangesmedia

The recent earthquakes in the mid west scares the bejeezus out of me, but you never know, they might stop, but for some reason I think it's only the beginning.

I'm just trying to figure out possible senarios.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
it seems like that map assumes the west coast will fall unto the ocean - how else would the plains be ok but a lot of the mountains be submerged?. would be great to have a bigger image with some verbiage to go along with it.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Makes one wonder,maybe the Mayans an others had some knowledge of the future maybe all the big quakes will happen at once,think about it if it were to happen such an event would destroy most of the world from the mega tsunami's,if it were to happen it would be like the Fit hitting the shan

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deluded

I would appreciate more info as well. Are more earthquakes being registered recently around the world? In the last year? Months?

There are more small earthquakes like this registered every year, but it's very likely that that's just because every year we have more and better seismographs running to pick them up all over the world. The frequency of big, unmissable earthquakes remains rather constant.

It's very probable that earthquakes aren't happening more frequently, just that less of them go unrecorded. It's estimated that there are millions of earthquakes every year, but most of them are too small to notice, or too far away from people to be of any consequence. a magnitude 2.7 quake really isn't even worth reporting, no matter where it strikes. If it were a 5.0 or better, I might be interested.

You'll note that the Richter scale is logarithmic, so a magnitude 3 is ten times as powerful as a magnitude 2, and a 5.0 is a hundred times as powerful as a 3.0

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is source for earthquake history worldwide by year, by magnitude range:

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

I also know that a 6.0 hits on average once every 3 days worldwide.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply and I completely agree with you. However there is seldom Earthquakes in the area I'm referring too, and I would also like to draw attention to the recent Earthquakes in Illinois. Seems to me there is a increase in the movement of the Earth below our feet.

I disagree. Small earthquakes along the New Madrid fault are extremely common. While they usually aren't centered near the St.Louis area, its not unheard of. Check out this USGS map of quakes in the area from 1975 to 1995:

www.eas.slu.edu...

The maps are poor quality, but its still enough that you can see that the area is quite active.

top topics

join