It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing threads... again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elendal

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to go hunting through pages of stuff to find your "postings". Just what are you on about? "Don't give a damn about the planet"? What?

Is there some reason people drop into this site and spout double-talk and inuendo, assuming we all know exactly what they're talking about, and then get angry when they're rebuked for wasting people's time?

Elendal--GET TO THE FREAKIN' POINT ALREADY!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To the OP

I remember seeing 2 threads by two different people concerning what you called "provocateur agents". The OP of ONE of those two threads had a huge fit and wanted his thread removed, even though at least two other individuals had corraborating coincidences. If that's the thread I saw your post about "provocateur agents" on; then, since the site owners are caught between a rock and a hard place (The OP wanted his thread deleted and you being upset that it was deleted) I hope you'll start a thread on the subject and forget this vendetta. Name your thread "provocateur agents" perhaps.

Second, I know that every time we make ANY "input" on the web - it is trackable and traceable. Instant messaging, chatrooms, especially forum and BBS and all the other type of interactive web sites are never 100% anonymous. Hackers with scanners can pick up information before it even reaches its destination ... if they are THAT interested in you. So, to be 100% secure in your communications; never communicate online.

Third, proof - my internet alias is not my real name of course. Further, I never, ever put my real address or real phone number online. But, I recieved credit cards pre-approved in my Internet alias at my home address, a veteran's bulletin in my alias but real address, and even a JURY SUMMONS in my Internet alias but home address!

Fourth, shortly after 911 I had the FBI inside my computer for a couple of weeks. It didn't bother me except that on dialup it made my ultra-slow connection even slower. Finally, I sent an email to all my family members telling them what a great job our government was doing "protecting" us ... and detailed the entire set of stats for the FBI watching me ... and guess what? They pulled the plug and quit wasting their time on me after that!

So yes, your IP, especially if it's a static IP is hooked up to all your data in a huge government database ... collected at State level.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

That is really bizarre that you receive snail mail addressed to your online nickname. I have been online since the early days ( over 15 years) with the same nick and NEVER received snail mail addressed to it. I am all over the place in cyberspace, believe me.

It's hard to believe CC companies would go through the trouble of matching IP addresses to postal addresses for SPAM. And if they did, why wouldn't they use the current resident's address rather than the nick?

Bizarre indeed.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elendal
SkepticOverlord, I must again correct you. It is possible to get people's address in the real world. The only thing you have to do, once you have complete spying on the U.S. part of the Internet, is to follow the IP address. That address belongs to some Internet provider. The provider has its own database of its clients. Some providers have already given their records to U.S. alphabet agencies. Home many? Almost everyone, for all I know.

If you truly want to protect ATS users, warn them. Don't lull them into the false feeling of safety. You have been doing the lulling, and that is what is so unforgivable about this whole matter.

Is this what you accuse the owners of this site of? "lulling"
The fact that the nsa can get your exact location, or not, when visiting this board?

If i would be the owner of this site i would not even adres these kind of matters on a personal level.

Do you realy have a case where you think you are in the right to show such bad manners?
If you do think you have a valid point, please try to at least present it in a decent and understandable way.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by jaamaan]

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

And where did this thread go? - NSA occupies an area of approximately 110 acres on the North side
by tristar

Here's my thread reviewing the subject of the original missing thread.
NSA occupies an area of approximately 110 acres on the North side
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join