It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Camp Considering Nuclear Option

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Clinton Camp Considering Nuclear Option

www.huffingtonpost.com

Hillary Clinton's campaign has a secret weapon to build its delegate count, but her top strategists say privately that any attempt to deploy it would require a sharp (and by no means inevitable) shift in the political climate within Democratic circles by the end of this month.

With at least 50 percent of the Democratic Party's 30-member Rules and Bylaws Committee committed to Clinton, her backers could -- when the committee meets at the end of this month -- try to ram through a decision to seat the disputed 210-member Florida and 156-member Michigan delegations. Such a decision would give Clinton an estimated 55 or more delegates than Obama, according to Clinton campaign operatives. The Obama campaign has declined to give an estimate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So in the long run Hillary and her cohorts really don't give a damn whether the voters choose Obama over her or not... she is going to try and force the issue and tear the party apart effectively throwing the election to McCain.

What is so nausating about all of this is that if she tries to forcifully seat Michigan and Florida's delegates she is renegging on rules she already agreed to... of course if those states had gone to Obama, she would be screaming bloody murder if he was attempting this.

www.huffingtonpost.com

[edit on 5-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe thats her purpose at this point.

She doesnt care about the American people.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Yeah I am coming to believe that more and more. She's little more than bush minor with boobs. At this stage of the game it wouldn't surprise me one iota if she hired karl Rove.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am often confused and a bit upset that the farce that is the current political party mechanics is not exposed for what it is. All these machinations, all this twisting and turning about 'super' delegates. In what way does this serve the will of the electorate (if only those calling themselves Democrats?)

I can't for the life of me believe that the 'Democrats' (the people, not the players) understand this whole rigmarole. Why has this process been turned into a mathematicians wet-dream, where statisticians and game-theorists rule?

Shouldn't this be about 'x' number of people in the democratic party want so-and-so, etc.? They of course are free to do as they wish, but doesn't the party ever have to explain what the heck they are doing, or is that explanation only forthcoming to the politicians (the players, if you will)?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The more I watch all these idiots... all sides 'running' and all the zombies in Congress... the more I believe this prior story...

LAST NIGHTS SESSION WAS ONLY THE FOURTH TIME IN 176 YEARS THAT CONGRESS CLOSED ITS DOORS TO THE PUBLIC from Thursday, March 13, 2008.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

SO if they were forbidden to talk about it how did such a detailed outline get published?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Originally this whole super delegate thing was designed to prevent a deadlocked convention... and it looks like thats exactly what we are going to get.

I am still hoping that these two make such a mess of things that the delegates say screw them and a dark horse candidate is chosen instead... liek Al Gore for example.

I have a feeling that after all of this, its the only thing that will reunify the party.

I also half believe that if the nomination does go to Obama, Hillary will mount a third party campaign.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why, WHY would people want someone who would do this in the Oval office?

Not only did she lie and go against a SIGNED pledge to not campaign, etc. in Michigan and Florida, but now she's clearly demonstrated that she'll use those cheated results to mislead the public, AND CHEAT her way into the presidency.

How can anyone vote for this anti-democratic person?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Normally I don't respond to such 'rhetorical' questions, but I can't resist.

I suspect you are not a fan of Hillary Clinton, nor her political message Furthermore, since you single out her behavior alone, that you are in fact probably a supporter of one of her many opponents.

I then think it might be safe to answer your question

Why, WHY would people want someone who would do this in the Oval office?
How can anyone vote for this anti-democratic person?

like this...

"For the same reason anyone can vote for any of the 'personalities' involved in this race - they see no other alternative."

If you choose Republican or Democrat, you've made virtually no difference in the status quo. They will all pursue the same agenda as they are all just 'faces' pasted onto what in a very real sense is a 'puppet regime.'

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Fair enough.

I am aware of the voting for the lesser evil, unfortunately, and my chosen candidates are out of the race.

This Nuclear option though is just...ok...it's WAY too overkill...even for Hillary.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Its times like this that make me turn to the good book....no not that one I said the GOOD book, Hitchhikers Guide..

"To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. "

Ok Ok..so its from R.A.T.E.O.T.U...but not withstanding..

"Rome wasn't burned in a day. "

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by ATruGod

Yeah I am coming to believe that more and more. She's little more than bush minor with boobs. At this stage of the game it wouldn't surprise me one iota if she hired karl Rove.

Oh no, that would not suprise me one bit. Nor would it suprise me if Rove where hired by China, Saudi Arabia or Isreal or L.Ron Hubbard knows what other special interest group looking to sway the the minds of a populous under the influence of mass media.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Desperate times require desperate candidates, I guess...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anyone have the quote she recently made saying that she has no problem "destroying" Iran if they attack Israel? It pretty much sounded like she is ready to nuke Iran, despite what repercussions such an act will have.

Seriously, if she is elected into office, I'm moving out of the US. The US is already going downhill thanks to the Iraq war, and with a war with Iran, there will be no chance we will ever be able to catch up again.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's this kind of thing that makes me distrust Hillary.

Her personal ambition outweighs everything else, including the best interests of the American people.

Say what you will of Obama, but he's resisted playing these kinds of cheap games that have dominated the American political process for the last twenty years.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So in the long run Hillary and her cohorts really don't give a damn whether the voters choose Obama over her or not... she is going to try and force the issue and tear the party apart effectively throwing the election to McCain.

What is so nausating about all of this is that if she tries to forcifully seat Michigan and Florida's delegates she is renegging on rules she already agreed to... of course if those states had gone to Obama, she would be screaming bloody murder if he was attempting this.

www.huffingtonpost.com

It's all part of the plan to polarize this nation even further. The more polar and volatile the commonweal is, the easier it is to trigger riots and thus institute measures of control which the sheeple will be relieved of more of their rights.

This entire election is a sham designed to polarize this country. I won't be surprised if the military (what's left of it) starts rolling down mainstreet USA on 20 January.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com

The ends justify the means, grover. The ends justify the means.

Also, a reminder that I've posted on several threads that hillary will be handed the the nomination in the end. When you look at everything that's happened so far, it's already been decided. Only thing that makes logical sense.

The one thing that remains to be seen is if the black voting bloc will make good on its threat to stay home in November. Hillary is a loser for sure if that happens, since there are not enough registered dead people to make up for the lost black vote.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am really beginning to wonder if this isn't a conspiracy

Being that we are on ATS and all.

Could this have been the plan all along...divide and conquer...to get their man McCain elected. After all Bill appears pretty buddy buddy with Bush Sr. and Republican elite.

Remember when the Clinton's were touting McCain's experience above Obama??

Hard to believe a real democrat would destroy the party in such an obvious way!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Hard to believe a real democrat would destroy the party in such an obvious way!

Not to mention spit on the democratic process.

Do people really not care about someone willing to do this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join