It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So. do you think there is a matix? Any one..???

I really do. i beleave that if we arn't all ready in a type of a matix. we soon will be in the very near future. and
i m not talking about robots taking us over (hey it could happen) but i mean like the government with ET's working to gether to put us in one. i couldn't beleave what i read on the ATS homepage under human exparements.. the mind control by 2004 artticle. well what i basicly got from it was we are or soon will be brain washed(well most of the world already is ) or mind controled by ET and human hybrids. and put into a 3-d holographic world like a MATRIX where the avrage man or women could't tell the diffrence except for the few people who know about it like I and the others who read that artticle..i called my friends up and told them abut what i found and of course they just laughed. and i have been saying to them for about 6months that we are in a matrix. and now i knew i was right all along..am i just weird and phyco or do i make a good point. reply back anyone plz about this post..thank you...

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You mean Matrix?

Anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
if we are in a matrix do you think they would have that up??

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

i couldn't beleave what i read on the ATS homepage under human exparements.. the mind control by 2004 artticle. well what i basicly got from it was we are or soon will be brain washed(well most of the world already is ) or mind controled by ET and human hybrids. and put into a 3-d holographic world like a MATRIX where the avrage man or women could't tell the diffrence except for the few people who know about it like I and the others who read that artticle..i

That would make a great movie.......

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
yea but its ALREADY 2004 maybe set the time 4 years later

and that control thing comes up in the olympic stadium or sumthin

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I hate the fact that everyone thinks that "Matrix" means "mass mind control device". It doesn't; it means "grid".

Argh.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
I hate the fact that everyone thinks that "Matrix" means "mass mind control device". It doesn't; it means "grid".

Argh.

it does??? then why would the story of the matrix be called THE GRID??

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Don't look at me. I didn't title the movie. I just speak the language, that's all.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Jedilotis,

Right now, we are stuck and plugged into the matrix.

There is still time left to stop it, but I doubt that will happen. The microchips are on their way.

Everybody laughs, I know.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
IMO,anybody that thinks the matrix is real should go see a psychologist ASAP.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
maybe we should ban the words Matrix, The Matrix and other forms of it too.
i think thats what morpehus would do

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Argh.

It means other things too. I think definition number 2 would go well with what we're talking about. Def. 2- "The Womb"...and of course, not in the sense of where is baby is made.

dictionary.reference.com...

[Edited on 2/28/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Accualy...we ARE in a matrix....right now

The Machines = the goverment
The Matrix = The false world that we now live in filled with half truthes and whole lies. Led by the "Arcitect" Bush Jr.
The resistance = whoever sees throught those lies that are being called Truthes. in other words, most of this board.

It is only logical...and No need of a psychologist, TSK
....it's all in how you look at it.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Curiosity]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosity
Accualy...we ARE in a matrix....right now

The Machines = the goverment
The Matrix = The false world that we now live in filled with half truthes and whole lies. Led by the "Arcitect" Bush Jr.
The resistance = whoever sees throught those lies that are being called Truthes. in other words, most of this board.

It is only logical...and No need of a psychologist, TSK
....it's all in how you look at it.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Curiosity]
Very good interpretation. This is exactly the form of matrix reality that the masses are caught in.

The day we see human beings plugged into computers is the day we should be prepared for.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

Argh.

it does??? then why would the story of the matrix be called THE GRID??

Because that's what the book the Wachowski's ripped off is called :p

What, you thought they managed to come up with the story on their own? It's quite obvious that the quality between the Matrix (stolen idea) and the sequels (made by them) drops dramatically.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
All these "Brain in a vat" theories come from Descartes Demon presented in his Meditations on First Philosophy.

In that discussion Descartes is interested in making sure all of his beliefs are worthy of belief, so he decides to suspend judgment on all beliefs about which he cannot be absolutely certain. To help him make sure he doesn't hold onto any doubtful beliefs, he theorizes that there is an omnipotent being whose main objective is to fool him about everything. Descartes decides that such a being could fool him into being mistaken about every belief save one--that he exists.

I wrote a paper on it a few years ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm biased for obvious reasons but yes I believe there is a real matrix but not as mechanical or technological as seen in the film by the same name.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Argh.

Biblically, the Matrix refers to the world in which we live, or 'the current life'. All over the OT.

If anyone has ever heard of Zero Point Field theory, 'grid' and 'consciousness' would both be synonyms of matrix in that paradigm.

DC

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
hey, I think you lot who get all hyped over a movie, that is based on questions like are we brainwashed, and are we in a dream world, should find the best available mental assylum, or drink 500 gallons of beer to get rid of a few memories

:w: :w: :w:

top topics

join