It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET-Channelers: Con Artists vs. Genuine Messengers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

I understand why you would promote your specific method/offer as superiour to others. If you wouldnt feel that, there wouldnt be much point in teaching it.

However, no matter how advanced your knowledge, there´s always more to discover.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Francis Bacon
There's the dream world, though, I guess. But I don't think that can be classed as “channelling?” It's certainly bizarre and inexplicable, but I can't ever take enough back from there to be able to word it properly. It doesn't seem to work that way. Nothing I seem to write about it makes sense. I'd rather not write about “hearing voices” as a “channelling” experience either because I have no real reason to suppose that it is.

The dream-world is also related to channeling, imo.

Let me put it this way:

There are two basic states: Physical world and non-physical world. The Dream-World is an area between physical and non-physical. Travelling the dream world we mostly travel physically un-manifest and pre-manifest areas.

You seem to talk of all this as a mystery, but the nature of reality is not too complicated.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The dream-world is also related to channeling, imo.

Perhaps it is, I honestly don't know.

Let me put it this way:

There are two basic states: Physical world and non-physical world. The Dream-World is an area between physical and non-physical. Travelling the dream world we mostly travel physically un-manifest and pre-manifest areas.

Again, perhaps so. I don't have all the answers. All I know is there's more going on than meets the eye.

You seem to talk of all this as a mystery, but the nature of reality is not too complicated.

I talk of all this as if it were a mystery because it's a mystery to me. I've experienced some things, yeah, but I can't explain them to you. At least not yet. Besides, if you knew how much I'd had to drink and smoke during our conversation yesterday you would be both horrified and amazed. I think I did quite well.

How old are you, anyway, Skyfloating? You may have had more time to contemplate on the nature of reality than I. Buddhism keeps telling me it's all so simple, and it probably is. I haven't got to that stage yet, but I'm slowly trundling in the right direction (I think).

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

How old are you, anyway

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hah, very funny. I'm 25, and I'm catching you up, fast.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Hah, very funny. I'm 25, and I'm catching you up, fast.

I knew more when I was 25 than now.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I knew more when I was 25 than now.

That's interesting. Surely you've had eight years worth of extra reading? Unless you're some sort of Buddhist and have emptied yourself, how do you explain that you know less at thirty three than you did at twenty five?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That's interesting. Surely you've had eight years worth of extra reading? Unless you're some sort of Buddhist and have emptied yourself, how do you explain that you know less at thirty three than you did at twenty five?

Intellectual knowledge may have increased.

What Im trying to say is that "younger" doesnt necessarily mean less. There are indications that children know more than their parents.

I guess you´d agree, so lets move on to the next topic.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I understand why you would promote your specific method/offer as superiour to others. If you wouldnt feel that, there wouldnt be much point in teaching it.

There are motivations that I have on a number of levels.

However, no matter how advanced your knowledge, there´s always more to discover.

I should hope so.

Growth and learning are eternal.

It also needs to be stated that HCR is not MY method.

Before I was born (this time around) it was discovered in the Higher Realms to be the innovative approach that The Original Creator used to evolve into rarefied God Consciousness.

Can't take credit for something that I did not develop myself.

So sure.. the more you know the less you think you know.

But if you want to become at least a stable lesser god after death, then I think it is a safe bet to follow in the footsteps of the being who used The Light to orchestrate The Big Bang

But hey, that's just my opinion.

And that's what this forum is for, to express our views.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonar
A real channel allows the entity to be channeled to step in an take control of the host body. All the reflections and such should be different if it is real. When the channelling is done the host will take back control and is always tired from the ordeal and usually has not clue as to what was said by the entity. They are also usually very hungry as a lot of energy was used in the process.

Anything or the the above is not channelling, but is other forms of communication. To channel you must give a lot of trust to the other entity and it usually is set up by arrangement, it just does not happen all of a sudden, cause that would be a violation of free will.

I would say that is a female approach to channeling and is more suited for women than men. Being passive and receptive are female qualities while men usually want to take action themselves rather than being taken over, also I as a guy really don't want that level of intimacy. A channeler from South Africa comes to mind who appears to be skilled in this technique: desteni.co.za... I have no clue however wether she is con or genuine, I read some of the writings but was not very interested (in the subjects she writes about) except that she apparently seems to OOBE and let her body being taken over so easily.

I myself view my contact as taking place in a nonmaterial world where everyone has a space of their own (but very few actively explore it). It's something like the astral but an individual dimension within a bigger common dimension. It might be akin to the concept of a soul, seen as a space where all experiences and lessons are stored. In that space one can do lot's of things like creating a setting to teach and study.

I can go there through meditation but I never leave my body or allow any entity to take over. I do allow entities to enter that space where basically we philosophize about existence, with some entities learning and others teaching (myself belonging mostly to the 'students'). It feels like being in a collective, although there are personalities it is pretty much anonymous (I don't allow the use of names, it shouldn't matter who says what but what is being said). So at certain times I'd go into meditation and learn through mutually shared visualizations or simply speech. When one entity in the collective says something it echoes through all the other spirits present. There's always just 1 speaker, the teaching spirit takes turns. It almost appears to be acted or like everyone is following some sort of script (no one interrupts another) except myself at times. I mostly try to remain silent and quiet as I can, observe and listen and trying to figure out about whatever subject is brought up.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What is the meaning of "channeling" extraterrestrials? How does one know if it real? How does channeling find an alien?

I would put them in the same category as palm readers and a star charter. They would have to prove it to me. Face to face, eye to eye. Science is the only factor to reason with.

Where do you find them? I will try google and see what they offer.

Nice thread btw.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by phineasJwhoopie
What is the meaning of "channeling" extraterrestrials?

There are differing opinions as to what "channeling extraterrestrials" entails.

Some believe that one can telepathically communicate with (i.e., channel) physical aliens. That the physical or incarnate aliens have telepathic ability which enables this to happen.

While others like myself believe that no humanoid race as of yet has true telepathic ability and therefore channeling can only be done with spirits or discarnates, alien or otherwise.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I thought this was pretty interesting, and topical.

Controversy is brewing around a new law that cracks down on fortune-tellers and mediums within the European Union. Mediums and other “spiritual workers” will not be recognized as legitimate unless their powers can be demonstrated in a court of law, and those who fail to do this could be held liable in lawsuits alleging fraud and false advertising. This has large implications as such spiritualism has a rich tradition (and is a thriving business sector) across much of the continent. Europe apparently has no similar plans to force church clergy to prove that they can ‘talk to God’ in courts of law.

www.disinfo.com...
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

thats on the one hand pleasant because it will root out all the fraudsters, on the other hand unpleasant because there is a difference between "spiritualism and fortune telling" and spirituality/metaphysics and also the fact that non-physical ideas cannot be measured in a laboratory or court of law.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yes, i agree with you on the fraudsters, perhaps it is a way of discouraging people from attempting to offer "psychic services". How the courts will deal with it is another matter, perhaps making a few examples of frauds, and leaving the genuinely gifted their own niche. This "Art" has survived many, many centuries of persecution, a little more will only push it back underground where the mainstream likes it to be. I'd like to believe in the altruism of the courts intention be on protecting the weak or desperate from conmen and tricksters......but taking that road will only end in tears...lol.
I had to laugh though at the quote comparing psychics and mediums to priests from more mainstream religions......when was the last time a medium ran a soup kitchen, opened a school, funded a hospital......i mean they both want our money, but atleast some conartists use it wisely every now and then.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
I had to laugh though at the quote comparing psychics and mediums to priests from more mainstream religions......when was the last time a medium ran a soup kitchen, opened a school, funded a hospital......i mean they both want our money, but atleast some conartists use it wisely every now and then.

Most mediums are poor. Most of what you suggested comes from people who have access to large amounts of money. Most service comes not from the wealthy, but from the poor and middle-class.

Moreover, there are many people who are intuitive and who perform acts of charity. You don't have to wear robes of the clergy in order to perform good works. And most who do - don't.

So let me get this straight...

You're saying that it is better to be a con artist who occasionally uses his stolen money wisely, than a psychic or medium who makes his money honestly.

There's some seriously twisted ethical logic you have there

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If they are selling it. my vote is con artist.

I can tell you right now. If I indeed received a message that I was told was important to mankind I would not be trying to profit from it by making people pay to hear it.

I can pretty much guarantee they would not choose someone who would use it for self profit as a messenger either.

Logic tells you this.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

The problem with that is the con artist is generally wrong while the psychics and mediums can sometimes at least be right.

I can tell you right now. If I indeed received a message that I was told was important to mankind I would not be trying to profit from it by making people pay to hear it.

Very few people have enough money in order to devote themselves to selflessly relaying messages. And I certainly don't condemn those who seek to make an honest living.

When was the last time you listened to the sermon of a street person?

BINGO

I can pretty much guarantee they would not choose someone who would use it for self profit as a messenger either.

Logic tells you this.

Unfortunately, people don't listen to the "voice in the wilderness." They listen to the rich and influential who got rich and influential from charging from their services.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Logic tells you this.

I am a carpenter.

As a carpenter, I bring to mankind a very important message of hardwood and hardened steel nails.

I preach this message at every home I tend;
every contract I keep...
every sale made.

Sri Oracle

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Most mediums are poor. Most of what you suggested comes from people who have access to large amounts of money. Most service comes not from the wealthy, but from the poor and middle-class.

Moreover, there are many people who are intuitive and who perform acts of charity. You don't have to wear robes of the clergy in order to perform good works. And most who do - don't.

So let me get this straight...

You're saying that it is better to be a con artist who occasionally uses his stolen money wisely, than a psychic or medium who makes his money honestly.

There's some seriously twisted ethical logic you have there

The only thing that is twisted here is your take on my post. My comment is a reaction to a quote which i found amusing in a report regarding the EU proposing legeslation against mediums and psychics. No where, let me repeat, nowhere in my post do i condone conmen of any sort, it is you who assume that. By the way paul, while we are on the subject of conmen and how they use there money, what do you do with your donations from your site???www.paypal.com... f1ff80d546411d7f823b5265b6559fc2aff98b84ed0c357f8
You may think my ethics are twisted.......lets take a look at yours.

3. Once the invasion and overthrow transpires in a matter of hours, a number of Solist Masters will force their Ascension into The Light, i.e., commit suicide. Most of these will be Magi. The newly Ascended God Realized Masters in the Monad Realms of Light will then invite The Original Creator into this space-time continuum.
This is taken from your site.......members.aol.com... know you'll have some BS excuse for this but i'll pass on the conjob thanks. You go on advocating suicide and leave the ethical preaching to others of with real moral fibre.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join