It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET-Channelers: Con Artists vs. Genuine Messengers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
"My stories are attemtps at reception, at listening to voices from another place, far away. They only come out at night, when the background din and gabble of our world have faded out. Then, faintly, I hear voices from another star."

-- Philip Kindred Dick (A Day In The Afterlife - BBC)

Wilson heard them too at one point. I hear them now. Shut up and listen, and you'll hear them aswell, if you haven't already. Whether they're voices from another star or not is unknown to me, but they are still voices, real or imagined.

Call all this a madness, if you will. I don't even remotely care.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir Francis Bacon

I recognize Phillip K. Dick as a channeler. Absolutely.

And so are we when we take the time to shut up.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I recognize Phillip K. Dick as a channeler. Absolutely.

And so are we when we take the time to shut up.

I don't really like to use the term channeller, but yes, I'd agree with you. He was a disturbed and troubled man, like most great writers, but I don't think he was actually mentally unwell. He was something else. According to his biography, here:

In his late teens, Dick later recalled, he was diagnosed as suffering from schizophrenia - a label that terrified him. Other psychotherapists and psychiatrists in later years would offer other diagnoses, including the one that Dick was quite sane.

As with everything, I guess we'll never really know. I just wish the bastard hadn't died a few months before I was born, because now we all have to ration his material out of a fear of reading it all and then having nothing "new" left. I've got the last two volumes of his collected short stories to read, and a few of his more obscure novels, and that's about it.

I'm doomed.

What are your thoughts on the late Robert Anton Wilson, and his suspicions that he was "channelling" creatures from The Dog Star?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree with you there, that form of channeling is probably the most intense, as you are letting an entity take over your body for a certain amount of time.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

R.A. Wilson might have been connected to the same stream as P.K. Dick because Dick also claimed to be in contact with Sirius. You can read about it in his semi-autobiographical novel "Valis". While I didnt enjoy that novel at all, in an interview he claimed that he used Valis to write about himself.

In any case Dicks ideas were way ahead of his time so in that sense he did have some sort of psycho-spiritual access to future-variations.

If there is some energy/information originating from sirius than there are possibly certain people who can "pick-up on it".

What do you think?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

R.A. Wilson might have been connected to the same stream as P.K. Dick because Dick also claimed to be in contact with Sirius.

Perhaps so. Although I think Wilson no longer believed it in later life. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You can read about it in his semi-autobiographical novel "Valis". While I didnt enjoy that novel at all, in an interview he claimed that he used Valis to write about himself.

Indeed. I've read Valis but I didn't think it was all that bad.

In any case Dicks ideas were way ahead of his time so in that sense he did have some sort of psycho-spiritual access to future-variations.

Certainly. I'd say quite a few of Wilson's ideas were well beyond his years as well, wouldn't you? You didn't say that much about Wilson.

If there is some energy/information originating from sirius than there are possibly certain people who can "pick-up on it".

What do you think?

I think that I agree, especially if that information was being sent specifically for us. I honestly don't know, though. I mean, Sirius is relatively specific -- and I can't remember at this time what each author gave as their reasoning for singling out that location in particular, but it just seems to me like it could have come from anywhere, if anywhere at all. Maybe something in the communications gave it away? I can't remember.

Anyway, in my case, I usually try to rationalise it with something like "the sky isn't talking to you, it's just a brain function between the two hemisphere's that you don't understand." Or, "You're insane. You've taken too many drugs in too short a period of time and you're far too thirsty. Get help." But I usually discard such rationalisation as mundane gibberish immediately -- especially the latter of the two.

I keep an open mind, though -- perhaps too open. I don't know.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Wilson...well, he triggered cosmic. I enjoyed his books as a teenager. He taught me to mix esoteric and rational thought. Before that I would just believe anything I read.

The sirius-stream can be find on many undercurrents. In John C. Lillys books, in Wilsons books, in Dicks books, with Crowley, maybe even in the African Dogon Tribe as described by the author Robert Temple, in ancient egypt...

...dont ask me what it all means though.

Could be just a bunch of authors writing off of each other...

...or there could be more...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

As for channeling yourself (or receiving information from other areas)...

...in small doses it doesnt overwhelm the rational-protective mind, I guess.

"Becoming insane" is not a worry

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I was hoping you'd bring up Temple. I read The Sirius Mystery a few years ago and still have the copy here on my shelf.

*Sir Francis Bacon selects title from shelf...*

Ah, yes.

In Appendix VIII A Note About Freemasonry, Temple relates how he was approached by The Lieutenant Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of Freemasonry from Washington, D.C., and that he had to be recruited into Masonry to the rank of 3rd°, to "have any further conversations about Sirius."

As a Mason, Skyfloating, do you know what he could have been referring to there?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sir Francis Bacon]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I dont know anything about this from masons themselves, so I can only speculate. Albert Pike in his "Morals and Dogma" seemed to have been referring to "The blazing silver star" (Sirius) as masonrys main star.

June 24th is viewed as the "masonic holiday" and if my memory serves me correctly this date somehow relates to sirius but I dont recall why.

The "Dog Star" (as in Dogon Tribe) would be the reverse of "God" and analogous to Lucifer which is described as a "lightbearer" in some traditions and as a "blazing star" in others.

Does that resemble your line of thinking a bit?

Edit-to-add: The topic is so intricate it might warrant a whole thread of its own.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I apologise, reading back through my last post, now, I sounded a little like an interrogator. Fear not, I'm not an "anti." So that wasn't my line of thinking, no. But I don't blame you for thinking that, due to the way I worded myself. I was just looking for clues. Clues about strange "voices" that an ear can't hear. Clues about Sirius, and just clues in general.

Whether we realise it or not, most of us here are looking for clues in some way or another. Mostly clues that will lead to answers to the questions "What the # is going on. Why am I here?" Some people have found clues, or been beaten repeatedly over the head with clues, and have gone off on so many tangents that they've forgotten what puzzle they were trying to solve in the first place.

And then indeed.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I´ll give you a clue: The fact that I have gotten more clues on the nature of reality through channeling and intuition than through being members of various organizations.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to

A real channel allows the entity to be channeled to step in an take control of the host body. All the reflections and such should be different if it is real. When the channelling is done the host will take back control and is always tired from the ordeal and usually has not clue as to what was said by the entity. They are also usually very hungry as a lot of energy was used in the process.

NO. This is not true of the one who is thought-sharing with the those of cosmic dimension -- picking out what is salient from a great deal of cosmic traffic.

Maybe "channellers" allow themselves to be possessed. Thought-sharing does not involve possession and its practice fully involves DOVE-TAILING "my thoughts" with the "traffic" that is coming at me.

It's more like Alex Collier describes among the Andromedans.

video.google.com...

I'm not an Andromedan, my history goes back to the Arcturians who don't MESS with evolutionary planets like this one for good reason. They don't want the karma.

No thanx

Fixed typo etc.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by sarcastic]

[edit on 12-5-2008 by sarcastic]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sarcastic

Would you be so kind to edit your post in a way that doesnt look like I said that?

You pressed "reply to Skyfloating" and then the quote...but that was said by someone else.

Side-note: Possession is something that happens without the consent of a person.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Francis Bacon

I apologise, reading back through my last post, now, I sounded a little like an interrogator.

Sounded more like a really interesting conversation to me.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Maybe so, maybe so. But I was just wondering what Robert Temple meant when I paraphrased him. I'm not implying there's anything sinister behind it, or your reason for mentioning the book, or emboldening his surname.

What are you thoughts on "channelling" obscure creatures by using Ayahuasca or Dimethyltryptamine?

EDITED TO ADD:

I apologise, reading back through my last post, now, I sounded a little like an interrogator.

Sounded more like a really interesting conversation to me.

Sorry, I didn't see this post.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sir Francis Bacon]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Maybe so, maybe so. But I was just wondering what Robert Temple meant when I paraphrased him. I'm not implying there's anything sinister behind it, or your reason for mentioning the book, or emboldening his surname.

Yes, emphasising the "Temple" part was meant to add to the intrigue

I think he chose that name for the same reasons.

There is some sirius-freemason connection, but I dont know what that connection is. Nor do most other masons.

But I think you are inquiring into very revealing and rewarding directions.

What are you thoughts on "channelling" obscure creatures by using Ayahuasca or Dimethyltryptamine?

For reasons of ATS-Terms and Conditions Im not going to elaborate much (you like touchy subjects!). I dont do it myself, but from looking at Strassmans "'___' The Spirit Molecule" or Castanedas books, it would seem that you temporarily access certain universes / parallel universes, realms just the way you would within intense channeling.

Time to turn the questioner into an answerer: What have your channeling experiences been?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If the T&C prevent you from elaborating "much," and you haven't done it yourself, then they prevent me from elaborating at all, unfortunately -- at least in this context, which makes for the bulk of my experience.

There's the dream world, though, I guess. But I don't think that can be classed as “channelling?” It's certainly bizarre and inexplicable, but I can't ever take enough back from there to be able to word it properly. It doesn't seem to work that way. Nothing I seem to write about it makes sense. I'd rather not write about “hearing voices” as a “channelling” experience either because I have no real reason to suppose that it is.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sri Oracle,

I will resolve your spiritual dilemma.

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
...I do not recommend amassing wealth for spiritual fulfilment. I recommend sustaining and growing one's individual bodily temple as a equal in priority to helping others selflessly.

Now that you have clarified your meaning, I find that I still disagree with you.

Taking care of the body is not tantamount to spiritual growth.

Rapists and murderers tend to take care of their bodies too.

It seems to me the path you prescribe is indicative of an over-active heart chakra.

Or, to put it another way...

The path you espouse is indicative of an underdeveloped heart chakra.

I recognize it because I have the same affliction. My wife often tells me it is her job to make sure I don't get walked over because of my generosity. From the higher minded perspective, from time to time, one neglects the fact that there are still those who will take from your energy to serve retrograde selfish ends. Acting selflessly with these "demons" without due clarity can lead to an unease of mind; sin; the wrong path; regret.

You can develop selflessness without giving your money away. It doesn't mean an overactive heart chakra. It means putting yourself on the path toward Sainthood and beyond to God Realization.

Preferably stable God Realization.

Was The Original Creator, who used The Light to manifest The Big Bang billions of year ago, overly generous or have an overactive heart chakra?

Of course not.

We expand or grow through our selflessness.

And the best way to do that is to use Heart Chakra Radiance daily.

See signature link.

Allow me to open my "real" world to you for a moment. I have platinum credit. I live in and renovate condemned buildings in "rough neighbourhoods". I have people begging at my door at least once weekly. Most on my block and in the 9 block area are "pay check to pay check" or "welfare". Many that walk the streets are homeless, alcoholics, or drug addicted. I stand out financially. Each month $6000 passes through my check book...

That's more than I have going through my checkbook monthly

I pay mortgages, insurance policies, and minimum payments on $80k of unsecured debt. Next month I could act entirely "selflessly"... I could spend my $6000 buying groceries for everyone on my block including the whole low income apartment complex instead of floating visa and loyds of london. But then I would lose my good credit. I would lose my ability to occasionally plant fruit trees at local churches. I would lose my ability to hand out food to those who look into my eyes in need. I would lose my ownership of the land from which I grow food, restore historic structures, and house a family.

There must be balance. I believe submitting to the will of God does imply a paradoxical equality between selflessness and "love thyself"

When we seek Heaven the earth naturally yields to our dominion; we should not be ashamed of this.

In the concept of the abundant life is to be found the radioactive principloe of the exanding God consciousness into which any man may drink without depriving his brother of one iota of his inheritance.

-Elizabeth Claire Prophet

...to he who has much, more will come...

I find that amassing physical personal wealth can be a spiritual and tantric process if it is done in "service". One of my current planned "tantric" expenditures is a $1500 purchase of fruit trees. When purchased one at a time they are $25 or more each. When purchased in bulk they are under $10 each. For the past few years, along side individual tree purchases, and paying the long list of other bills; on time, I have been slowly growing my ability to absorb a $1500 fruit tree purchase for the benefit of "man" without harming myself financially. Amassing wealth in this manner is a guiltless and very positive experience. A far more spiritual experience than giving away $0.65 to each alcoholic that tries to bum some cash as he passes my downtown home, on the way to the corner store, for another beer.... just writing that inspires me to put cash in a "fruit tree" jar, from here forward, every time someone I don't know comes looking for cash at my doorstep. I'll let them tell me how much to add.

Again, when we seek Heaven the earth naturally yields to our dominion.

At your service, in abundance, I am,

Sri Oracle

ps. As a life goal, I have my sights on cashing in my worldly possessions for 640 acres (one square mile) of desert land. With the approval of the stars, It will glow green during the next generation.

Do what you need to do fairly in order to get by financially.

But you don't have to live a life of utter poverty in order to grow spiritually.

Just just use HCR daily.

That totally amends the problem of being able to cultivate selflessness when one is poor or without funds.

And it is also the most advanced way to cultivate selflessness, even if you are rich.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It seems to me the path you prescribe is indicative of an over-active heart chakra. I recognize it because I have the same affliction.

Fantastic overall post in my opinion.

I liked this part the best because I do think Paul_Richard places too much emphasis on the heart chakra at the expense of all the other chakras...and not only him, but many other people in the field.

Not that there´s anything wrong with that Paul...

It all depends on what you want from your soul.

Do you want to be limited to residing in a City of Light in the Mid Realms after death?

Or do you want to be able to (at least) create your own fully-grown, healthy, youthful and beautiful body from your expanded powers in The Light?

And come back from the dead with Gifts of the Spirit that rival and even surpass that of every angel prophet in history?

Do you want to be an angel, Saint, or lesser god after death?

Some of us have higher spiritual goals than others.

Which is fine.

Nothing wrong with that Sky.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join