It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET-Channelers: Con Artists vs. Genuine Messengers

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I´ve always placed interest in people claiming to be "channeling" extraterrestrials and extra-dimensionals because it would seem to be a convinient mode of communication if non-interference laws, human non-readiness or governmental cover-ups do not allow for a direct landing of their spacecraft.

Definition

Channeling is the process by which someone (the channeler) goes into an altered state (trance or higher vibration) through which an entity on another plane or outside of the earths sphere can communicate with the earthlings. Some Channelers describe this as "I raise my own frequency, the alien lowers his own frequency so we meet in the middle". Others say they receive telepathic pulses and emotion-packages which they translate into their
language and concepts. Yet others claim that their bodies are temporarily occupied by other entities.

Phenomena Observed

Ive visited a few "channelings" or transmissions-by-extraterrestrials myself.
When those I assume to be genuine channellers alter their state this is often accompanied by altered breathing, inadverdent twitching of the body and muscles, and a change of voice, tone, accent and vocabulary. Some of these changes are so extreme that the best actor in the world couldnt fake them.

Con Artists vs. Genuine Messengers

In looking into various channelings and channellers over the last decade Ive noticed extreme variations in quality and integrity of the channellers, the channelled messages and the behaviour of the beings supposedly being channelled.

This is just one example of ET-Channeling that I deem to be a complete HOAX: Ashtar Command

This is just one example of ET-Channeling that I deem to be completely GENUINE: Bashar

Both claim to be channeling extraterrestrials, but the results are radically different.

There are hundreds of other links I could place, but this should be enough to give an example of Discernment between flimsy and possibly substantial.

Ive found more scam-artists than honest people in the field, unfortunately. Here are some typical observations of comparison:

1. The channeller himself. Con-Artists dont even believe in extraterrestrials or in helping anyone. When you meet them you often get the impression of a cynic trying to squeeze money out of his business. When you meet apparently genuine channellers you get the impression of down-to-earth people who are still willing to question if their own offerings are even genuine!

2. The message itself: The messages of Con-Artists seem to be vague ("We come in peace! Dont pollute your planet!") pretentious ("You need to be saved by us") and humorless or unaccepting of critisism (cultish). The message of genuine channellers has often turned out to be useful, practical, accurate in some predictions, and generally humorous and intelligent.

Most of these things end up to be Q&A-Sessions with an audience asking questions and and ETs answering. Apart from obvious scam-artists there also seems to be the inability of some channellers to let information in unfiltered. This seems to distort some of the messages given. An example for someone who I suspect to be genuine but maybe not a "clean filterless channel": Lyssa Royal

These are some of my observations and the suggestion that Contact neednt only occur through physical, nuts-and-bolts spacecraft but can also take on more metaphysical means.

In any case, it can be good to get away from the black-white thinking of "Channelling - Truth or Hoax?" and recognize that the truth may lie somewhere in the middle.

Looking forward to what I learn from others who have read and experienced channelers and contactees.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Simply put, I think anyone claiming to be a conduit or "channeler" has mental problems and/or is full of bunk for reasons only known to them.

I think that giving this subject the benefit of the doubt only serves to damage what we all most want.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Thats the black side of black/white-thinking. You think you can exclude metaphysical issues from the UFO-field?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why does Bashar channeler charge so much for the CD/DVDs? They don't even benefit me since I am deaf. At least Kryon channeler transcribed all of his channellings and put them on his website for free to read and listen to. I don't mean to be negative, but a sure tell-tale of an con-artist is when he charges alot and doesn't provide much for free.

Thank you for creating this thread. I have been reading a lot of channellings. Some do benefit me and has helped me so much. There has been a lot of discussion of this nature in "The Message" thread. This thread is good for more general discussion. I hope this will help separate genuine channelers from fake ones.

One channeler I really love is Patricia Pereira of the Arcturian Star Chronicles books. She is probably the most genuine channeler of all in my opinion (I haven't read all, but most)

Thank you

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The mental abilities of humans have never been fully understood, so the possibility exists for a true contact. I find that 99% of them seem to me, to be humans making a buck from BS. But it is always that off chance of finding a gem that keeps us looking.

The real question, for me, is how to spot the real deal, IF it ever comes along.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by itisibrian
Why does Bashar channeler charge so much for the CD/DVDs?

I dont think its a lot. But just because I think he is genuine, doesnt mean he is. Im just sharing my subjective opinion.

At least Kryon channeler transcribed all of his channellings and put them on his website for free to read and listen to. I don't mean to be negative, but a sure tell-tale of an con-artist is when he charges alot and doesn't provide much for free.

Not necessarily. I think quality should be awarded so that the people who offer quality can make a living from quality. Millions are spent to build a single bomb but something more useful is supposed to be entirely free?

Apart from that: As far as I know Kryons channeler has meanwhile deceased, which is why a lot of it is now free.

Thank you for creating this thread. I have been reading a lot of channellings. Some do benefit me and has helped me so much. There has been a lot of discussion of this nature in "The Message" thread. This thread is good for more general discussion. I hope this will help separate genuine channelers from fake ones.

Ive greatly benefited from various channelers too.

One channeler I really love is Patricia Pereira of the Arcturian Star Chronicles books. She is probably the most genuine channeler of all in my opinion (I haven't read all, but most)

Thank you

Thanks

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Lee Carroll (Kryon channeler) is still alive.
www.kryon.com...

His channellings are very high-quality. They have benefited me alot.

I understand that people have to make a living. I just think there has to be some trade-off or something.
I'll think of more things to say later. Im tired now lol.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by itisibrian

Lee Carroll (Kryon channeler) is still alive.
www.kryon.com...

His channellings are very high-quality. They have benefited me alot.

I´ve read a Kryon book. I dont like him (tastes differ, dont they), but I think its genuine channeling. An acquaintance of mine says he overcame cancer after reading the kryon books.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
The real question, for me, is how to spot the real deal, IF it ever comes along.

results, imo.

"Effectiveness is the measure of truth"

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

I believe you can only spot the real deal if you are that yourself, otherwise you just can't know for sure.

I communicate with other beings but whatever is said I keep to myself. It is very personal and the things discussed are only relevant to me. This is because I believe we are all on a different path of development; what is suitable for me to learn might not be for you. If you want to learn, educate and develop yourself so you can communicate yourself and not by someone else. I might be slightly different than 'typical' channelers; I don't believe in many conspiracies, I don't 'trust' the unseen entities (there is no way for me to verify an entity is such and such person) and I do not have to go into a different kind of mental state (although I did at some time).

Also the unseen beings I communicate with are of different spiritual progression; from some I learn because they teach me something new and which I can use, many entities appear to be not too bright (but believe they are). The few beings I've met so far that really impressed or moved me are too busy doing what they do anyway and I wouldn't want to impose on their time. There are also beings that are just downright demonic but that's a different story. Mostly I learn from my own observations and simply contemplating my experiences. This way I can spend most of my time conversing and studying instead of writing it all down and putting it up on a website or responding to any readers.

Another reason for not sharing is becoming known as mentally defect; most people would regard me as having some brain defect, most things I will say to them would fall on deaf ears simply because the mind is already closed once it has deemed my mind as having a defect. Or someone nice might choose to avoid me altogether simply because of misunderstanding. In everday life the "simple things" are important to me just as the more complicated metaphysical things; I would not like it if I lost that with others by placing myself out of the social group claiming to be in contact with unseen entities. Ok, so I am a little odd but not that weird. If I were to tell something that originated from an unseen entity I would bring it in a different fashion not claiming it came from an unseen entity.

Personally I don't like it very much if people would treat me like I have some defect but I can understand (I just choose not to be that way in daily life). How people come out openly stating they are channelers is beyond me, it is simply not something that will help one in society. If I ever were to create a website with my experiences I'd do it anonymous.

The underlying reason is that it is the choice of the majority of the population not to accept things like channeling; that is why people who defy that majority will likely go to a mental institution. It's a kind of democracy I have to respect. Even if the majority is lulled to sleep as some people believe (so it isn't a conscious choice therefor not democratic) in the end each of us can either choose to believe there is more (and do something to find out what that is) or not. Many just don't believe there is more to life than this material world and simply choose to devote their time acquiring material possessions. I respect that even if I don't agree with it.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

2. The message itself: The messages of Con-Artists seem to be vague ("We come in peace! Dont pollute your planet!") pretentious ("You need to be saved by us") and humorless or unaccepting of critisism (cultish). The message of genuine channellers has often turned out to be useful, practical, accurate in some predictions, and generally humorous and intelligent.

While not accepting critisism is a dead giveaway, humor can distract someone and gain confidence so someone interested is likely to continue to be interested. I'd much rather have a channeler that doesn't allow his or her persona and taste of humor interfer with the message being conveyed.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I agree with much of your post. If someone claims to channel then charge money for the message I would have to pass on that. The messages are free to anyone who wnats to listen. The problem with humans is the programming. We have been programmed to buy hook line and sinker the messages from prophets from hundreds to thousands of years ago through organized religion but societies can not with an open mind consider the messages of the day. Hell the experiencers have a lot more to show for what they are learning than did Abraham.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
If someone claims to channel then charge money for the message I would have to pass on that.

If you wanna dedicate yourself to disclosure or some metaphysical path sincerely and full-time you need to be able to survive for goodness sake. Whats all this bitching about people asking a few cents?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

I believe you can only spot the real deal if you are that yourself, otherwise you just can't know for sure.

Now thats wisdom right there.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I have to agree with "keeping things to oneself" because so much of it falls on deaf ears.

On the one had people yell for "full disclosure" but on the other hand filter out so much that could be perceived if they were more aware/open.

I also find it to be very true that much of the chanelled information is private and personal.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm not bitching. I have chosen to not spend money on such prophets...I don't need to. The problem in my mind comes from the monetary gain...If some one is struggling financialy and they can not afford the message it becomes a message for the few. I know of an experiencer who does relay the message and gains nothing of any monetary reward for it but struggles himself. Of all those that profess to be in contact I consider those that ask for money to be less credible...not because they ask for money but the message does not ring true with what I know. The money perpetuates the same evils, the message has much to do with the imortance we put on money and materialism and the down fall of our Humanity because of it.

Is there something unwritten in my posts that you would decide my view as being pessimism or bitching?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Well...

its a logic that many would agree with. But I dont. Why?

Because the logic on the one hand takes it for granted that billions be spent on weapons of mass-destruction but on the other hand complaints when money be invested in things of value.

The price of a channelled book is around 20 Dollars.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In fact...Im happy when I can support some Ufologist or spiritual dude financially. A few measely bucks better invested than in some other scheme.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There are a few people here at ATS that I believe to be contactees, two in the more recent threads..but very little discussion happens because they are so busy trying to defend the legitamacy of the message. I suppose the message is only important if it has a dollar sign attached. Have you asked any questions in you last few posts? Any possible answers would be free.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In regards to your topic, I would have to say I am very skeptical.

I didn't used to be, before joining ATS.

I don't consider anything I have read on this site proof of aliens, angels, demons, or God, really for that matter.

I do enjoy the messages of these channelers. Some are very uplifting, but some are full of doom and gloom it seems. In both those cases they are going to appeal to anybody who wants to hear a message around either one of those scenarios.

Basically, I guess it boils down to faith if you want to believe what these people are channeling is real or not.

As far as them making money off of it? As long as what they have to say doesn't hurt anybody, I could care less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join