It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Milk Issue Comes to Head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Raw Milk Issue Comes to Head

www.lancasterfarming.com

A rally has been set for tomorrow in front of the magistrate's office in Mt. Holly, Pa., in support of a Mennonite farmer who has brought the wrath of the government on himself for selling raw milk and other products – an act government prosecutors say violates a number of regulations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.godlikeproductions.com

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Nolt told the newspaper he didn't feel bound by the government's limits on selling milk.
"The government doesn't have the right to dictate what I eat, and never will," he told the paper

A man after my own heart. ::I think I'm gonna cry::

If I choose to privately contract with a farmer(s) for his/her produces, the government should have no business being involved in my affairs! If I decide to trade something to my neighbor for something of his, it is NOT their business!

www.nydailynews.com...

www.lancasterfarming.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

According to reports published by the Weston A. Price Foundation, results of a study by the Medical Research Council in the United Kingdom revealed only one percent of the subjects in an ongoing lifestyle study of 5,000 men suffered heart attacks – if they drank full-fat milk and ate butter rather than margarine.

"We learned ... that [the] study collected data on 5,000 British men between the ages of 45 and 59 for a period of 10 years. Of those that drank at least a pint of whole milk a day, only one percent suffered heart attacks!" the foundation report said. "Some researchers are already claiming the difference is due to a healthier lifestyle on the part of the milk and butter consumers. Others, however, think that milk and butter may have some yet undiscovered benefits."

Another article in the British medical journal Lancet also noted that children who consumed "farm milk," that is, raw, whole, unprocessed milk, had lower levels of asthma and hay fever.

"Researchers examined the history of allergy, asthma and 'atopic sensitization' or skin problems in 812 children, 319 of whom had grown up with a 'regular exposure to a farming environment' including the consumption of 'farm milk,' that is, raw, whole, unprocessed milk. The remaining group of 493 non-farming children acted as a control. Frequency of asthma was reduced from 11 percent found in the control group to one percent among the farming-exposed children. Similarly, hay fever occurred in only three percent of the farming-exposed children, compared with 13 percent of the controls, and atopic sensitization occurred in 12 percent of the farming group and in 29 percent of the controls," the foundation reported.

apc

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I haven't taken the leap to raw milk just yet but I have switched from 2% to whole and butter instead of margarine. I never realized margarine was full of trans fats!

“It’s not fair for other people to do that and Mark not do it,” Chirdon said. “I’ve used every resource possible. Mark refuses to work with the laws of Pennsylvania.”

It's not fair! Everyone else has sore rectums! He should have one toooooo!!

top topics

join