It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Post-catastrophe food planning. The Brits need Tea.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

How very civil of you! Googled it. Below is an extract.

Home Office Naturalisation Exam July 2008 (by extension)

Section 1

1) Name the implement used to churn soil.

2) Name the area between the road and adjacent buildings.

3) What do we call transportable accommodation?

Section 2

1) What does a baker's dozen consist of?

2) What constitutes a gross?

3) Complete the following phrase: 'Mad dogs and Englishmen..........'

Section 3

Write a short piece on 'The Merits and Virtues of a Decent Cuppa and its Role in the Aftermath of a Nuclear Holocaust'

Over to you. (Other applicants welcome.)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

Why are you being a ______?

Not so dear friend. I just had a beautiful image in my mind of you being laid to rest with your faithful teapot at your side. And thought it might be well accommodated.

Sheer poetry.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Sleuth

How very civil of you! Googled it. Below is an extract.

Home Office Naturalisation Exam July 2008 (by extension)

Section 1

1) Name the implement used to churn soil. - hmm, till

2) Name the area between the road and adjacent buildings. - pavement

3) What do we call transportable accommodation? - caravan

Section 2

1) What does a baker's dozen consist of? - 13

2) What constitutes a gross? - 144

3) Complete the following phrase: 'Mad dogs and Englishmen..........' - Noel was no coward! - "go out in the midday sun."

Section 3

Write a short piece on 'The Merits and Virtues of a Decent Cuppa and its Role in the Aftermath of a Nuclear Holocaust'

Hey, this isn't on the test.!
Listen, when my avatar happens, the only civil thing to do is reach for tea. I'll have a fag and a bikki while you score me.

Over to you. (Other applicants welcome.)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

Congratulations! 5 out of 6. (You narrowly missed out on a Distinction; answer 1 = 'plough'.)

Please book your flight. Accommodation includes a bedside kettle and free Digestives.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Sleuth

Congratulations! 5 out of 6. (You narrowly missed out on a Distinction; answer 1 = 'plough'.)

Please book your flight. Accommodation includes a bedside kettle and free Digestives.

Yes, I should have known that one. That's what took me so long! The rest were easy peasy, as the Two Fat Ladies say.

Many thanks for the welcome. I was there in 2001. One week was not enough. In my opinion, you Brits are living in the neatest country on the planet. If I could afford it, I'd live there myself.

[edit on 7/24/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ah, I see I got spanked up there for commenting that someone murdered the thread with a personal attack of sorts.

Apologies to other posters for this ridiculous misinterpretation of my statement.

Sleuth

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
MODS/READERS PLEASE NOTE: The tiff that occurred at the top of page 4 was the result of a misunderstanding. Here's what I just said to candyfloss in a U2U:

When you said 'coldead hands' I thought you meant 'cold, dead hands'. I now see you meant 'scolded hands'. Is that so? No wonder we got confused.

The speed of the conversation and crossing posts was totally manic at the time, which explains both the typo on CF's behalf & my misinterpretation. The poor guy (CF) was desperately trying to understand my drift & understandably got frustrated, then Sleuth got frustrated at how the flow suddenly stopped & asked CF why he'd effectively killed he thread.

It'd actually be pretty hilarious if only the offenders could be exonerated. Come on mods, pour yourselves a cup of tea and give it some thought. Please. Just don't tell me you've only got coffee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join