It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octane and economic manipulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
At the gas pumps you have 3 choices. The 87 octane fuel being the cheapest serves as a base price, or control. The other 2 octane fuels are more expensive and the quantity sold is carfuly tracked. I believe the government analizes the amount of fuel bought at higher than base price, to calculate the amount of exess spending avaible to the american public. from this they can calculate how much to raise the base price, or 87 octane fuel. after all if you can afford the gas that is 30 cents more expensive than the base fuel, then you can afford to pay 30 cents more per gallon for the standard. I definately believe that octane ratings are used as an economic indicator in control of fuel price inflation.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
maybe your right but even if you do get the good ones they can just say its the good one because its labeled premium gas i mean its against the constitution amendment 1

because it states that it has to be true in order to state that to the public....

well some people can actually test these fuels and see

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A few points if I may.

1. just for a point of information. there is really no such thing as a "mid-grade" fuel present in bulk at the service station. Gas stations have two tanks, one for regular, one for premium. The mid grade fuel is made by mixing the two in the pumping system.

2. "State energy officials generally urge consumers to fill up with regular grades of fuel, not only to save money but also because most cars run better on 87 octane.� source

3. The government doesn�t set the price for gasoline.

4. Is this the right forum for this post?

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
thats true they dont its the companies like mobil and amoco and shell that control it

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
but you cant forget that the government is just one big corporation, fueled by corporate bribes, If they were on our side it would be self evident

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
that could be true too so we just need some hard evidence to see if this is all true

i dont like research you guys go research...

new topics

top topics

join