It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Fly You to the Moon for Free, Sinatra Style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

NASA to Fly You to the Moon for Free, Sinatra Style

gizmodo.com

NASA is opening the door to anyone wanting to go to the moon as part of their next lunar mission—all without requiring years of tests, training, or smoking astroturf. Sadly, only your name will go, which is actually good because the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter—set to select landing and outpost sites for the Constellation program—is not returning. Ever. Just submit your name to the mission site, and it will be added to a chip that will orbit for eternity around the biggest cheese in the Universe, and you will get a certificate from NASA.

Frank Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon Lyrics

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Is NASA trying to pull off another hoax, like the first "moon landing" they claimed to have done?

Conspiracy Theory - Did we land on the moon by Fox TV

Google Video Link

Fox TV network aired a program called ``Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?'', hosted by X-Files actor Mitch Pileggi. The program was an hour long, and featured interviews with a series of people who believe that NASA faked the Apollo Moon landings in the 1960s and 1970s. The biggest voice in this is Bill Kaysing, who claims to have all sorts of hoax evidence, including pictures taken by the astronauts, engineering details, discussions of physics and even some testimony by astronauts themselves. The program's conclusion was that the whole thing was faked in the Nevada desert (Area 51). According to them, NASA did not have the technical capability of going to the Moon, but pressure due to the Cold War with the Soviet Union forced them to fake it.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm going, thanks to this post.

Best part is it doesn't cost anything, unlike all the other naming or buying a crater schemes on the internet.

Now if I can only get a real ride someday - Virgin Galactic would do.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I hope you & 2 or more of your friends will get their names on a few of those certificates. Enjoy your ride!

I'm not very familiar with Virgin Galactic, so I should definitely click that link you're sharing, above.

top topics

join