It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN suspends Gaza food aid again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

UN suspends Gaza food aid again

THE UN relief agency for Palestinian refugees is to suspend its food aid distribution in Gaza tomorrow because of a lack of fuel caused by the Israeli blockade, a spokesman said today.

"We have exhausted our stocks of fuel, and are therefore forced to stop our food distributions to 1.5 million inhabitants in the Gaza Strip from Monday morning," UNWRA spokesman Chris Gunness said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Stupidity. Its things like this that I believe to be the root cause of terrorism. The Israeli Blockade is obviously not stopping the flow of weapons and explosives into Gaza.

1.5 million people are now being denied food. Is it any wonder Palestinian 'terrorist' organisations hate Israel with such a passion.

People are always shocked and saddened to hear of a suicide bombing in the peace loving state of Israel. But no one ever asks, why is there a steady supply of people willing to do it?

CT

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I agree, its not American liberty they want to kill,
its anyone who supports Israels genocide of the palestinian nation.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well yeah because before this blockade there was no terrorism against Israel.........What?!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They're punishing the entire region, for a handful of angry people with rockets.

And in doing so, they are creating more enemies.

Those people are hungry, they are getting more and more desperate by the day. Do the Israelis really think that punishing them further is going to make them say "Oh, Israel isn't so bad, lets shun the only people who are fighting for us." ?

Of course not. And the Israelis aren't that stupid either.
Clearly they want the people of Gaza to join with the rebels and revolt against Israel.

The scary part comes when you ask yourself why.

A total uprising against Israel would give Israel the justification it needs for an all out invasion and occupation of Palestinian land. Exactly what they've wanted all this time.

It always comes down to who controls what for what profit in the end.

The sad part is, they think they can blind side the public and make it out to be some "good versus evil" battle.
There is no such thing as good versus evil, and the only people who would have you think that are using you for their own personal gain.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Well yeah because before this blockade there was no terrorism against Israel.........What?!

Thats not what I said.

In all seriousness now, can you see an end to middle eastern terrorism when things like this are happening?

CT

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Of course there is a flaw with your statement. And please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Israel occupy Gaza and then turn Gaza over to the PA? And once they did, what happened once hamas moved into Gaza?

Just to make sure I have this factually correct:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel completes Gaza withdrawal

Israeli troops have pulled out of the Gaza Strip more than 38 years after capturing the narrow coastal area.

Tanks and armoured vehicles left under cover of darkness and the last officer shut the Kissufim border at dawn.

Thousands of jubilant Palestinians entered the former Jewish enclaves, and some set an abandoned synagogue ablaze in a settlement near Khan Younis.

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas described the withdrawal as an historic and joyful day for his people

www.allheadlinenews.com...

Gaza City, Gaza Strip (AHN) - Hamas insurgents in the Gaza Strip disrupted fuel supplies to Gaza after a petroleum truck was attacked by militiamen on Sunday headed for the region that has been left without power and food for several days, according the reports.

"Dozens of Hamas militiamen hurled stones and opened fire at the trucks," the sources told the Jerusalem Post on Sunday.

"The trucks were on their way to receive fuel supplied by Israel. The drivers were forced to turn back. Some of them had their windshields smashed."

The Islamist group, Hamas, has been controlling the strip since June and launching attacks against Israel from the occupied territory.

Meanwhile, the fuel on Sunday was supposed to reach the UN Relief and Works Agency [UNRWA] and hospitals in the Gaza Strip, according to the Post.

"Hamas is taking the fuel for it the vehicles of is leaders and security forces," the eyewitnesses told Post, referring to the Hamas militiamen's confiscation of the fuel trucks passing from the terminal to the city.

The eyewitnesses added, "Because of Hamas's actions, some hospitals have been forced to stop the work of ambulances and generators."

Seems like hamas is hurting there own people quite a bit.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

No I can't.

I can't see any end to this so long as on one side, Israel, doesn't give freedom to the PA. Of course Israel has tried to establish a state for Palestine but it has been blocked by hamas. Which brings up point 2. Hamas is going to have to accept that Israel has a right to exist. So long as they don't and so long as they continue to oppose any peace with Israel then this fight will continue.

There has to be a compromise, but to be honest, hamas will have to do something that they have sworn never to do. If they never accept Israel, then no matter what Israel does, the fight will continue.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I would expect Israel, with the technological advantage they hold, to take the moral high ground. Starving people in occupied territories is not the act of a civilised nation.

CT

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

I would expect Israel, with the technological advantage they hold, to take the moral high ground. Starving people in occupied territories is not the act of a civilised nation.

CT

Moral High ground doesn't mean much when you have terrorists launching rockets into your towns daily, and they don't target military, they go for anything they can hit.

Or bus stations and crowded markets being bombed by suicide bombers.

So Israel can't sit on there thumbs and do nothing. They have to respond. And really what options do they have?

As for civilized, the enemy Israel is facing is not civilized. You reap what you sow.

Did you notice the story I posted? Notice how hamas is causing the hardship for there own people?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Food as a weapon..., where have we heard this before?

Mr. Kissinger, care to comment?

new topics

top topics

join