It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Route 93.. Joshua Tree Parkway.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So I recently left my 4 month home of Arizona for greener (literally) pastures and I had the pleasure of driving route 93 for a good 4 hours on my way out. Funny that this was the night that the new Phoenix Lights case happened, but oh well.

The night sky was the clearest I had ever seen and was so peppered with stars it didn't seem real. As I traversed the road, I noticed strange buildings every few miles. The buildings themselves didn't seem that odd, but it was the fact that most of them seemed to be purposefully concealed behind the cover of bushes and trees. There were also dirt pathways that I saw vehicles traveling now and then. It didn't seem right that there were these buildings hiding in the middle of the desert, where the only people around were the truck drivers who frequent the road. They also had a "feel" to them, like most of them were not used as residential sites, but more for official use. But what or who uses these buildings? I assumed most of them were for irrigation and water-transport purposes.

If you've ever seen "The Hills Have Eyes" you know the landscape. It seemed like if you were to pull over for any extended period you'd be harassed by "bush people" or something. I also thought that perhaps this was a reservation, but much of the man-made edifices were dilapidated and seemed to be uninhabited.

I checked google earth, and found that none of these buildings were there. I took a few screen caps of buildings I saw further north on the road, but most of what I saw was more southern.

Anyone have any idea of what I was looking at? These weren't buildings that people made to be frequented by passers by, for certain. And from the google earth I saw that the dirt roads went out into nothingness. And there were A LOT of dirt roads.

So my theories...
Reservation
Irrigation
Government Sites
Bush People
Farmers (of what? sand and dry weeds?)
Sasquatch Huts

Sorry about the low quality of the pics, its google's fault, not mine.

I realize this might just be a rural place with weird buildings, but the placement seemed odd to me. There was also signs for national parks as well, but they were gated off. The whole place was eerie to me, but the night sky was amazing, I'd go back just for that. Anyone want to go camping?

Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot of people who know about this place and have experienced it for themselves. I'd like to hear some input.

Thanks party people,
SC

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(Thelema)

The number 93 is of great significance in the religion of Thelema, adapted from the philosophy of François Rabelais by Aleister Crowley in 1904 with the writing of The Book of the Law.[1][2] The central philosophy of Thelema is in the two phrases from Liber AL: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the law, love under will." The two primary terms in these statements are Will and Love, respectively. In the Greek language, they are Thelema (Will) and Agape (Love). Using the Greek technique of isopsephy, which applies a numerical value to letters, the letters of both of these words when added together equal 93:
Thelema = Θελημα
Θ (Theta) = 9 +
ε (Epsilon) = 5 +
λ (Lambda) = 30 +
η (Eta) = 8 +
μ (Mu) = 40 +
α (Alpha) 1
= 93
Agapé = Αγαπη
Α (Alpha) 1 +
γ (Gamma) 3 +
α (Alpha) 1 +
π (Pi) 80 +
η (Eta) 8
= 93
The relevance of this technique is found in the art of correspondence. When two words have the same value, they are said to have a meaningful connection. In this case, it is considered significant that the two central concepts of Thelema—Will and Love—are of equal value, and therefore have a direct connection. Similarly, since 23 is the ninth prime number, and 9 is 3 squared, some deem 23 an algebraic mirror to "thelema/agape=93"; see also wikipedia entries for number 23, the 23 enigma, and the 'other correspondences' section for the number 93.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Are these the bush people you speak of?

Welcome to Eat at Joe's Barbecue.

Wikieup is located almost exactly halfway between Phoenix and Las Vegas on state highway 93.

A perfect stopping point to stretch your legs and enjoy some great grub.

You are right. I wouldn't want to run into any of these characters on a lonely stretch of Arizona highway

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Can you show us on a bigger map where these buildings are?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Haha, nice, I probably would have stopped for a beer and a sandwich had I seen it.

The only thing is that most of what I saw was south of Wikiup, and the google pics were north of Wikiup. I saw quite a few places over the hours I was driving, but many of them aren't on google earth.

1221, I don't know if I could capture the whole area, it is northern AZ, west of Flagstaff. As I said, most of what I'm talking about was just north of Phoenix, right when it gets extra rural.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was just wondering if you could post msybe like a google map or something. I am wondering if these link up with the underground tunnel system.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
THere is a train line along hwy 93 just northwest out of Phoenix. It's not the Amtrak SouthWest Chief passenger line but I'm thinking maybe a Union Pacific line that has depots, or storage or maintenance sheds along the line.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Im up in a chopter all the time and close and the persepective is so vastly different when you are looking down. Also having spent alot of time offroading in the desert (Death Valley, Joshua Tree etc.) there are alot of roads and trails that seem to be leading to nowhere untill you run accross an old mine or something.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yup it appears that the tunnels lead exactly to Wikiup!!! Good find could you possibly mark it on this map where those are?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Great find, I had posted the wrong area so edited my post.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by antar]

new topics

top topics

join