It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Don't You Like About Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm from the UK where we don't have choice i.e. they all say the same lies but swapping the words around. Each has had a long enough time in office to change ANY aspect of all that's wrong in this part of the world and just like in the US 'they' do nothing for the sheep/ignorant that vote them in time and time again.

I asked this very question regarding Ron Paul several times on here and never got a reply that didn't attack the individual. So, what the US voter is saying is that here is a man that actually wants to CHANGE (I’m sure I’ve seen that word somewhere?) things that are wrong in your country and the best that you can come up with is some obscure newsletter reference and a dig at his age!

You really do deserve all that you get from your main contenders, and that will be further enslaved debt, more sheep taxes for the man is creating global warming myth, funding in the trillions of a terrorist state Israel and further screwing up of countries (with your limited dollars) that you have no right to be anywhere near! It would seem that locating the USA on any map and understanding that that is your area of ownership, might be a very good way to start saving yourselves some money and not pissing everyone off?

And hey, you've actually got someone that is willing to take all the media crap and personal abuse to make that a reality and what do you do? Complain that he’s 72 years old!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian
Please let me know what you dislike about this man.

There's not much to dislike, but where I disagree with him is that for all his personal liberties position, he voted to ban gay adoptions in DC and he does not believe that abortion is a woman's right. And he favors teacher-led prayer in public schools.

His votes on embryonic stem cell research leave me confused as to what he really supports.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
NUTHIN

I think he ROCKS

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ron Paul does not want to listen to you.

Here is the proof.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul. Finally, an honest politician.
I'm voting for him even if I have to write in his name.

And about his age, that man has a lot of energy. I think he does
more in his day than most 30/40/50/60 year olds.

One thing I dont like , or dont understand -
He believes in free market/trade. Wouldnt that give us a bigger
problem with taking jobs overseas and losing our
small manufacturing sector.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't like Ron Paul because from what I read about him, his policies and the people he associates with, he is a Neo-Confederate who panders to the far-right under the guise of "state freedoms".

I honestly didn't care either way about him until I started reading about the Ron Paul Survival Report, and went digging. I very much have the feeling that if he were elected, he would pander to the far-right elements often known as the "patriot" or "militia" movement - a loose association of Christian extremists and racists who share Ron Paul's opinions on things like the Federal Reserve and US foreign policy, but often for explicitly racist reasons (as an aside, I don't think Ron Paul himself is racist - only that he has no problem courting them to secure a power base). These groups have no qualms about attacking anyone not Christian or white or rightwing and I don't want them to think they have a powerful voice in Washington.

Oh, he also wants to take away a woman's right to choose and remove antitrust legislation which would result in the average American having a very rough time in the current economic climate. Those are reasons to dislike him as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join