It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about music?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I naturaly feel a sort of emberassed feeling when I listen to a static X song called I'm with stupid. Some music realy gets me into a physical mood. Completely explains mosh pits.
I see what the OP is saying completely, I don't feel easily influenced but music can easily influence me. I am not picky about what music I listen to realy, but there are some songs I love but don't listen to because I don't want to be put in that mood. I don't even realy think about it I just unconsiously change the station or song.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Pizzicato

It's art. It's supposed to do that.

And if you learn to sing, play or compose, you can do it too.

You'll be able to join the Musical Conspiracy.

You can make people's feet move by remote control.

You can make people dance, have sex, hit other people, fall for Jesus, get drunk, get pregnant, fall in or out love, and more.

You can make people ecstatic or drive them to despair.

You can make them throw elderly vegetables and bottles of wee-wee at you.

You can make them go home with you at the end of the evening, or take you home with them. You can make them make you do deliciously filthy things to them that you wouldn't dream of doing if they hadn't made it impossible to refuse.

Then you can make them pick up your tab in restaurants.

Or you can make them leave parties early.

I tell you, it's the ultimate power trip. Join now!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I know exactly what you mean I stopped listening to new music years ago out of frustration, only bought 6 cds last year I think. Music can release endorphines, adrenaline and if your f***ed up on something feel the music and/or lyrics intensely. If you want to hear a personal story of how deeply music can affect people please read my post and drop a line or ask a question if you want.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I agree that certain music can influence your moods.I listen to a wide variety of music, but mostly jazz and some classical and hip hop. Whenever I hear some Lil Wayne I allways just want to let loose and party. Certain songs make me feel peacefull though. I listened to John Coltrane's My Favorite Things while I was on mushrooms once, and ever since then I allways feel peaceful whenever I hear it. Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto no. 2 also had a profound affect on me when I first heard it.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well outside of subliminal messages, no music isn't really an influence on action, unless your extremely easily influenced.

Santa... sound is one of the most powerful means of influence there is.
Sounds elicit physical, physiological reactions.

Do you know that sounds can KILL?

Did you ever ask yourself, for example, why is it that practically all the most famous opera divas are sopranos? Because they are better singers than mezzos and lower...? No, it's because high notes induce powerful emotions (some unkind people call it "hysteria"...
), thereby leading to worship on the part of the public.

The same goes for violins.
Why do you think Wagner chose violins for Liebestod - as did every composer who ever wanted to induce powerful emotions in the listener?
There is no "mental" association of emotion with violins - it's a physical reaction.

All of the above has been mentioned in a thread called "Musical mysteries" - and I am sure you can find many reputable sources of information outside this website, too.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
last year, i was going through a really rough time in my life.
as a result of this, i listened to a lot of "emo" music.
(lots of screaming, depressing lyrics, etc.)
if i hadnt listened to that music, i wouldnt have been as depressed, but it certaintly wasnt the cause of my depression.

these days i listen to a lot of techno, punk-rock, and pop-punk.
i am no longer depressed, even though the music didnt "cure" me, it sure did help.
when i wake up every morning, i put on a CD while im getting ready, its what give me all of the energy and happiness in the morning.

lately i have been listening to a bit more of the "emo" music that i used to listen to. as far as i can tell at the moment, it hasnt affected me much.

when i am angry or upset, i have two choices for music..
1) happy music-either gets me out of my bad mood, or annoys me
2) angry music-either gets me more upset, or helps me let out the stress

(PS. this is my first ever post
)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join