It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent47

Like moths, Do you think the mothman cant help but to run over to lightbulbs and dance around them
Sorry people couldnt resist

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt
What I don't understand (and yes I have read the book and watched the movie) is why such a creature that obviously has some sort of extra sense or something along those lines would be hanging around saving human lives. I have read reports of where it was dated as far back as the Roman Empire, sadly that link has been lost. It always interested me though nonetheless.

I don't see any reason to call it a creature, or to say that it is trying to save human lives. Other than eyewitness reports, there's no evidence of what it is, or if it is 'real' enough to be called a creature (which implies that it physically exists). And who says it's extra sensory perception that causes it to know what's going to happen? Maybe it has no sense or consciousness but is rather just a to tragic events what precipitates are to chemical reactions.

It really is an interesting subject, but like many other paranormal things, you have to look at it objectively or you'll just be seeing whatever you want to see.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
WEll i looked up the mothman on wikipedia and i found some other stuff on it supposably there have been more then 1 sightings of him,Most of them where in point pleasant in 1966-1967 which was quite a long time ago but he was spotted by a couple when they where driving back from a Old world war II TNT mine.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are a lot of Mothman threads on this board, I'd recommend using the search function to find the good ones, instead of resurrecting real old ones.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Comcast has a history channel on Demand talking about Mothman.
I'm 95% this creature does exist, but it hasn't been spotted since 1966.
It probably died

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Would anyone here be able to help give me info on the places to visit in Point Pleasant, West Virginia as my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to visit the location of the Mothman.

We're not too familiar of exact sighting locations though.

Any experts on the subject, please help.

Matthew-

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Being from West Virginia, the legend of the Mothman is not far from the psychie of people that can remember the stories of Mothman. Just one of the many reasons that Mothman appeared is that Mothman was an alien that landed close to the outskirts of Point Pleasant. Another, widely popular reason is that Mothman was brought about by Cornstalk's Curse. The curse itself has blamed for everything from flooding to train wrecks to Mothman and the Silver Bridge Collapse. However, most people tend to forget that the first sightings of Mothman did not take place in or around Point Pleasant. The first sightings of Mothman were reported here in Kanawha County almost a week before the first reported sightings in Point Pleasant.

As for who or what the Men In Black were or what they were here for. I for one think that these people may have saw the Men In Black after the bridge collapse. I do believe that these "Men In Black" might have been connected with the sightings of Mothman and the ufo sightings. These "people" may not have even been from this planet, but they might have been the ones that caused all of the raucous with Mothman and the ufos. William Brenley wrote in his book "The Gods of Eden" that these extraterrestrial MIBs were also behind the Plague.

Maybe, just maybe, these three phenomena were in fact connected.

Cornstalk's Curse
The Events Associated With Mothman
Mothman Sightings
The Mothman Lives
Mothman & The Men In Black

top topics

<< 1   >>

join