It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

items for survival pack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have been looking for a good site that lists items one would need to survive in the event of an emergency. Preferably a list of items someone can carry in a backpack. Any links would be appreciated.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
the best pack is one you build yourself so your intimatle familier with it. Try to weed out what is needed and what is a luxery. Some luxeries are ok but don't let them get in the way of nessissity. Try sticking to stuff that keep your heart pumping, your body hydrated and warm. Food water and shelter generally do these functions so kinda keep those near the top of the list. Check out equipped.org...

may want to think about SitX. Anything small that could be helpful in bartering? Seeds? Gold? Just some different angles to think about.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There is always these guys:
ZS bug out gear

[edit on 4-5-2008 by hoppy]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I recently got all this for $1k:

Comfortable Pack
Sleeping Bag
Lightweight Tent (preferably khaki green)
Plastic sheet / Tarp
Sleeping mat (a self-inflatable is nice and comfy)
Compass and maps of area of interest
50m Paracord (550 rating)
Torch / Headlamp + spare batteries
Survival Knife (tough full-tang blade)
Multi-tool / knife (sturdy, not a $2 special)
Spade / Hoe tool
Tomahawk
Machete
First Aid Kit
Flint & Carbon Steel
Water Flask
Gaffer Tape (pro grade)
Binoculars (12x zoom)
Cooking stove + porta gas bottle
Whistle
Dynamo radio / backup torch
Cooking Utensils
Basic toiletries
Wild food and survival guidebooks
Deck of cards!

It all fits snug in / on the pack / belt with room for clothes and some basic foodstuffs. I'm on the hunt for a GPS kit, and a nice telescope for sky watching while i'm in the bush and if you have firearms add that to the list too.

PS dont forget good boots and thermals.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
An excellent site for emergency preparedness can be found at www.standeyo.com His wife, Holly Deyo, has compiled one of the best and most comprehensive preparedness books titled "Dare to Prepare". I highly recommend the website, and enthusiastically recommend the book by Holly. It was worth every penny of the purchase price, and then some! (I've almost worn out my copy, and I've purchased copies for family and friends) Good luck to you, and congratulations on being savvy enough to prepare ahead for what's coming!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.bob-oracle.com...

Your pack is very important. My pack is "old school" - Medium Alice without the frame, GI pistol belt, suspenders and butt-pack.

A good survival pack is built up over months and years. It is used in the field and added to/subtracted from as you learn what you need and what is just dead weight. Plan on layering gear into most essential items.

Just from experience, your pack or LBE, or "kit" should not exceed 40-50 pounds. I try not to go over 40 at most. If it gets too heavy, endurance and alertness will suffer, and your calorie and water intake requirements will go up.

Also, take a look at...

FM 31-21 Guerilla Warfare and Special Forces Operations
TM 31-200-1 Unconventional Warfare Devices and Techniques
Fm 3.50.3 Survival, Evasion, and Recovery

The good survivalist is self sufficient and considers themselves well armed and able to ward off attack.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

FM 31-21 Guerilla Warfare and Special Forces Operations
Fm 3.50.3 Survival, Evasion, and Recovery

I received these in the mail today. Very informative books.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm very glad to hear that. I'll take mine out and go over them again. If you find something worth sharing with the group and discussing, please do.

FM 3-19.40 CIVILIAN INTERNMENT-scares the hell out of me. That is probably worth studying if you are at all interested in martial law. They password locked it on the Army website about 2 years ago, but I bet a copy is floating around the web somewhere.

top topics

join