It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys seen this?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

This is a scifi promo... Its true.. they did a great job!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
No problem, it is not Extra Terrestrial at all, it is a guided missile. I am not sure what type exactly. Do a Google Search for "Cigar shaped missile" The first image that pops up in your search is most likely closest to the type used. I would have posted a link to it earlier but when I click on the google link "see full size image" it downloads instead of opening.

Please explain how such a missile is capable of hovering in place?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rgrthat

It was not hovering, it was mounted to somethng and then dismounted.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by rgrthat

It was not hovering, it was mounted to somethng and then dismounted.

After it moves away from the towers, it's clearly sitting in midair until it flies past the camera.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It may have appeared that way, if you watch closely you can see it turn around before it heads towards the chopper.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well that was entertaining to say the least. Wonder what that was all about? Was this a movie that was actually in production?

You do CGI for a living and have never heard of Spiderman? Forgive my curiosity, but just how old a man are you, 12.21.12?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The following is the full account of Barbaras exchange with the SciFi Channel taken from web.archive.org...

SCIFI guys,
I saw your ad and realized i HAD to send this in. On July 24, I went on a helicopter ride over Manhattan with a friend of mine (NOT my current boyfriend, so please don't print my full name, thank you) and we saw a lot more than we paid for! We are still trying to figure this one out! We saw a blimp while we were up there, so when we saw this thing we thought it was another blimp, and so did the captain, but then it kind of floated really quick. Then it kind of turboed right past us making this really loud jet sound!!!! Obviously we were all kind of freaked out at the time, but in the end it felt like whoever was flying it was kind of goofing around with us. It definitely seemed more like some kind of weird airplane than a UFO. Anyway, we have mostly just been showing the tape around to our friends and it freaks everybody out! What I'm wondering is, is it worth anything to you guys? Make me an offer, this would be perfect for whatever you're doing. Are you doing some kind of show like that old show with SPOCK about bigfoot and UFOs or something?

OUR TAKE: UFO freaks are going to have a field day with this one. Although many flying disc sightings are attributable to blimps, balloons, clouds, reflections, meteors, or heat distortions, a small number are attributable to prototype aircraft - a notion the submitter even mentions possible.

More prototype aircraft are spotted and reported mistakenly as UFOs every year, and UFOs are such a historically popular concept that more than one ambitious person in the past has attempted to manufacture them. It seems entirely probable that some agency has finally been successful, given that even the Nazis were secretly experimenting with flying discs as far back as World War II.
The thing that strikes me as most clever about this craft is its camoflauge; it really moves like and appears to be a blimp,
a common sight over New York. If I were a pedestrian, I probably wouldn't even look twice. However, when it moves, it glides so rapidly that the naked eye cannot easily track it... A very clever idea
on the part of the designers, whoever or whatever they are, and a perplexing piece of footage which merits much closer examination."

You see a little bit of research can go a long way.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wait there is more taken from ufocasebook.conforums.com...

2) the 10-11-00 appears in the forum of SCI-FI HAPPENS “BARBARA S” with the “BABSBABY” nickname, reaffirming that the incident was true. It adds that it is considered defrauded by SCI-FI because sent the video so that they practiced a serious and responsible skill to him, but they to them hurried in spreading exposing it its image to the public discussion...-

“I submitted this tape to SCI FI Channel, and it was probably one of the stupidest things I ever did. I was hoping that they would be putting this in a show where we could talk about what happened and the footage would be analyzed. But instead they just put it on the air without even bothering to contact me to ask any questions. Now people have seen me on the air, I have to explain what happened to all these people I know. Friends of mine think we faked it. Believe me, this was a very nerve-racking experience that we happened to get on tape, and I wished we had kept it to ourselves. The only reason I sent it to the channel to begin with is that my friends who I showed the tape to said that they saaw the ad on the Sci Fi Channel to get footage like this. It hurts me that Sci Fi is now acting like they own the footage, you all are dissecting an experience in my life as if it were a hoax, annd noone from the sci fi channel is returning my phone calls”

bboard.scifi.com...

“It's Barbera.
I'm not trying to tell anybody there are little green men flying a spaceship around, but what you see on the tape is what we shot on our camera. I am asking Sci Fi channel if they can show the parts we photographed before and after what they are showing.
There is footage on what we sent them of us flying down the Hudson river and rounding the South street seaport. What you see on the tape is us shooting from the east side towards the west. Afterwords, there is stuff they didn't show of us basically freaking out in the helicopter, we shot the smoke out the window, and the helicopter pilot on the radio trying to get an answer to what that was. Please put that on the website as well.”

bboard.scifi.com...

“This is Barb again. I don't really care whether this is a spaceship or not, I've given up being "fascinated" by this because it has caused too much stress in my life and there are too many people who want you to think what they think or want to ridicule you or want to use you or want you to turn it into your life's work to prove that aliens exist or something. To the person who got my home phone number, do not call me again. I don't want to be part of some crusade and i just want my life to be normal again. Please respect my privacy”

bboard.scifi.com...

3) Towards September of the 2001 Sci-fi-happens was leaving the promotion of the successful video of the BARBARA UFO, replacing it by Champ, the monster of the Champlain Lake.

www.scifi.com...
4) 11-21-01 BARBARA SICURANZA begins to spread to the Video of the UFO in its page WEB “MYSTERIOUSMYSTERIES” under title “HISTORICAL DOCUMENT UFO & WTC” where it describes the fact like true without mentioning that it is a promotion

“HISTORICAL DOCUMENT UFO & WTC
November 21, 2001 -- This quicktime clip is well worth the wait of loading. This bit of video caused quite a little controversy and extensive investigation by alien encounter enthusiasts. This helicopter ride is hardly a fond memory for me. I was sick to my stomach from all the weaving and dodging. The view however was unspeakably spectacular. Everywhere and anywhere I go in this city, in it and above it, I'm always a tourist and somehow I'm always right at home. Looking back, was it only a year ago? It all seems unreal. Like phantom limb syndrome, my skyline shows me shadow towers in my mind.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So has this story been proven to be a hoax? I think not.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

i believe that i saw this on youtube but did you know that the man who formerly owned the twin towers ...had an insurance plan to cover damages ..... he knew about supposed attacks but .....the real reason behind all this was he really didn't want to renovate the entire building which is about over 30 yrs.....in fact the buildings had pisonous mold and no real vents soooo..get insurance....bomb it! call Chaney and pull a war and make some real doe! How evil the white man is grrrrr!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes that's exactly my point, they had a level in the World Trade Center that was closed off. Bomb sniffing dogs were not allowed in, one week prior to 9/11. Angular cuts were made in the steel truss's, Thermite wass pouring out the side of the building. Tom Brokaw in his live coverage stated that it looked like a controlled demolition. At the Pentagon they had a model of the Pentagon where they were testing a scenario in an event that an airplaine would strike it.

Somehow I fell off my rocker and have been accused of obscuring the facts.

This is the kind of discussion I was hoping for, keep it up!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by meancookie89

so you're telling me the guy was willing to kill people in order to get the twin towers renovated?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

No Larry Silverstein signed an insurance policy that would protect the WTC complex in the event of a terrorist attack. He then sued saying that there were multiple attacks.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

oh, okay. sorry for the misinterpretation.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You didn't really. He allowed it to happen for money, welcome to ATS!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

oh you have got to love peoples greed and what they will do for those extra dollars. and thanks!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Well the actual Sci/Fi commercial says that the footage was "obtained" by the Sci/Fi channel. It also said get the whole story from the SciFi channel. So whats the whole story??

So I, or rather we all, can assume that you believe the events portrayed in the Blair Witch Project did, in actual fact, happen and that Heather Donohue, Joshua Leonard and Michael Williams are missing, declared dead and their bodies await discovery somewhere in the Black Hills?...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

No, sorry I don't know how the Blair Witch Project is relevant here. Why do you ask?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

err, well, let's see...

Well the actual Sci/Fi commercial says that the footage was "obtained" by the Sci/Fi channel. It also said get the whole story from the SciFi channel. So whats the whole story??

Now then, "obtained footage", also known as "found footage"...

en.wikipedia.org...

filmmaking term which describes a method of compiling films partly or entirely of footage which has not been created by the filmmaker

Found footage has been further expanded to include the deliberate use of "poor camera technique" (as in SciFi's ad) to prove that the footage is amateur and "found".

I don't know how the Blair Witch Project is relevant here. Why do you ask?

en.wikipedia.org...

Though the film is entirely fictional, the narrative is presented as a documentary pieced together from amateur footage...

...It was shown at the 1999 Sundance Film Festival, and released by Artisan on 30 July 1999 after months of publicity, including a ground-breaking campaign by the studio to use the Internet and suggest that the film was a real event.

"...suggest that the film was a real event."

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

You are right, thank you! Interesting that you picked that out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join