It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys seen this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ive never said this before... but...

12.21.12, slap yourself.

And never, ever, say that you think you know what you are talking about, reguarding CGI or Real or whatever.

This peice of 'film' is nearly 10 years old

Its on the sci fi channel.

You may have been in the womb when it first aired, but we have had to debunk it for years now...

HOW IS THIS GONE 4 pages... i only read the first few posts where the OP is making his claim for Conspiracy Master honours... i hope its 3 pages of people telling him what it is...

Also, why is this in the 9/11 fourm...

Is this a definition of trolling for points... start a esiably identifiable topic, and then refuse to accept the ID, that can get you a few pages and a bunch of ATS points...

[edit on 5/5/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Which one? At 0:10, going leftward (looks very much like a bird to me)

Yes, that one, and upon closer inspection I think you are correct. I seems to flap a bit right as it enters the frame. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

“He who sows the ground with care and diligence acquires a greater stock of religious merit than he could gain by the repetition of ten thousand prayers”
-Zoroaster

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
OMG.

I can't believe that we're having this conversation, yet, again. If I had a penny for every time this video shows up and someone thinks it's real, I'd be rich.

I saw this commerical on the sci fi channel. It was part of their self promotion clips, "Sci Fi Happens". There were other clips too, like, people at a picnic that suddenly an invasion of ladybugs started forming geometric patterns and flying away. A kid gets electrocuted and then is turned into some elecromagnet, this UFO one, and others.

This video in particular makes a point that sort of discourages and fascinates me.

That even after people show proof that it's simply CG, people still want to believe it's true. You see this reaction almost everywhere that this video shows up.

I think it shows a greater problem that we have in our community, the 'want' to believe so badly, that some people will deny facts. And more over, that it says something about human behavior in general. After years of reading debates, discussions and flame wars on the internet, and I suspect that people usually have already made up their minds on a subject and can't see beyond it, facts, or no.

Google up the name Barbara Sicuranza, she's Chris Stein's (The guitarist for Blondie) wife and an actress. She's the woman in the video.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm agreeing that it is simply a promo for the Sci Fi station.
If an actual UFO buzzed an unsuspecting group of people in a helicopter wouldn't there be an awful lot of "HOLY @#$# WHAT THE @#$#@ WAS THAT OH MY GOD DID YOU GET THAT?" in the footage.

The actresses responses were far too calm.

On the other hand, I've never seen a UFO and therefore am projecting my own imagined reactions onto others...which isn't fair either. Not everyone would get "pirate mouth" if a UFO buzzed their air craft.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
By the arguements i've read here, The blair witch project must be real because it looks real.

So Should Cloverfield

So this must be true.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is one of those videos you get really tired of seeing.

It was a commercial for Sci-Fi back in 1999/2000. They made all kinds of commercials with very realistic effects in them.

There was this one. Another one that featured a family having a picnic when they're suddenly attacked by a swarm of lady bugs and you see some lady bugs on the table forming symbols right before the attack. Another one had some teenage boy suddenly becoming magnetic and metal flying towards him and everything. There were others but I can't remember them.

They made all kinds of these. All of them also featured the Sci-Fi logo hidden within them. The lady bugs formed the Sci-Fi logo on the table, the trail left by the UFO was the Sci-Fi logo and I can't remember where it was in the magnetic boy video, but it was hidden in all of them.

Every once in a while they are still shown on the Sci-Fi channel.

12.21.12.......You really need to drop your attitude. These are known COMMERCIALS and have nothing to do with 9-11 conspiracy theories. You need to look around the site a little more also. You're on here asking if there's anyone who believes there's a conspiracy behind 9-11. You obviously didn't bother to try looking through the site at all or you would have seen that 9-11 has it's very own section.

You're far from any conspiracy master BTW. I was ready to put you on ignore just after reading your posts on the first page of this thread.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think its funny how many people on this site think they know something about something. How do you know its CGI prove it! Don't say you know unless you can back it up. I'm getting so sick of people posting what they know, when the truth is YOU ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TOLD.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wonder which came first the commercial or the video? Considering the lady just happens to be an actress it's most likely just cgi but I find the design of the ufo they chose interesting, it has that trianglular slit in the side which looks like the "ufo's" from the NASA Tether incident. It's not exactly a typical UFO feature, I wonder if they got the inspiration from the tether "UFO's".

Nasa Tether incident-

SciFi UFO-

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yes I too would like to see proof it is CGI footage. And no I am not of the argument it is real footage, I honestly dont know either way. But I do find it interesting and would love to see the evidence that it is indeed CGI or otherwise.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Why don't you write the SCI-Fi channel then? I'd assume they could produce that, and they'd probably get a laugh out of having to prove it also.

That's a win-win.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
I think its funny how many people on this site think they know something about something. How do you know its CGI prove it! Don't say you know unless you can back it up. I'm getting so sick of people posting what they know, when the truth is YOU ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TOLD.

Beautiful post....the most intelligent reply I have read here.Bravo!
Also this was the best thing that was ever on the Sci Fi Channel.They only wish their programing was as interesting as this.Real or not.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Wrong. They are listed in the FAA database as destroyed and deregistered.

But shouldn't they all be listed as destroyed, if they were all destroyed ?

I would think the airlines and the FAA would want the paperwork to be accurate.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ULTIMA1]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The way I know this is not real, and a preplanned camera shot, with the CGI added in later is.....

There is NO WAY a person could move a hand held camera in a helicopter that fast (when the "ufo" sppeds straight toward the helicopter at like 1000mph, then peels off with a nice sonic boom, at a 90degree angle), and we're to believe this super human camera-man keeps this UFO centered the entire time.

If anything, everyone insode the copter woulda have fallen backwards from the push of air created by the UFO comeing straight at them that fast, heck, the helicopter pilot would have had a hard time keeping that bird upright, imo.

This is totally fake, has been fake for the last 8 years.

Hey then again they say UFO's are always seen around nuclear installations ect, maybe it was at the towers checking out the pre-planted mini nukes that would serve as the explosion for the holographic planes

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
For those of you just jumping in right now please go back an read through the entire thread.

Why are we still talking about the SciFi Channel? Yes they used is as a promotion and then it got canned after 9/11. Earlier I posted a link to Barbaras letter to the Sci Fi channel. At that point Barbara was describing what she saw as a blimp, but she was not sure what she saw. Which means that the SciFi channel had nothing to do with the shooting of this video. It was around a while before SciFi Channel aired it, so as far as I am concerned the SciFi promotional piece is squashed, I will not respond to any more posts suggesting that that was all it was. The Sci Fi channel had no part in makng this production, end of story.

I am better off then when I started this thread because I had no idea that the SciFi Channel had used it, which made this video a lot easier to search for on the web.

Anyhow if you are still commenting on the Sci Fi channel it only tells me that you are not putting very much thought into this and have not read through the entire thread.

Second, why are we refferring to the object as a UFO? It is clearly not, we went over this as well.

To the person who said that I have an attitude, I am sorry but I welcomed any criticizm at the get go, I do not expect everybody to believe that this was some sort of secret government project. I do think that it is worthy of looking into further. If you don't have anything to add to that or you aren't willing to and do a little bit of research then why are you still here?

Again people continue to rehash the same arguments over and over.

Seriously if you don't agree prove me wrong and I will then gladly admit that I was wrong.

If you think this was CG please explain to me in detail how they did it or what you would do to re-create this video clip.

I am not here to argue with anyone. If you think I am full of crap then prove it.

I honestly don't know for sure wether this video clip was CG'd or not that's why I posted it, if you don't agree that it was not then prove it.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

What about this footage? : www.youtube.com...

At 1:18 to 1:22, looks at the position of the aircraft...at the level of the impact floors? Plus the sun flare at 1:21...look like an explosion?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well that was entertaining to say the least. Wonder what that was all about? Was this a movie that was actually in production? Again, somebody posted about viral marketing and I tend to agree with him. I wonder if that was the Spiderman piece the editor mentioned that I quoted earlier. There were some high production values and obvious CG in that piece, unlike the video we are discussing which seemed to have no production value whatsoever. Did Hollywood realease any comments about that trailer after 9/11?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The trailer was released by Sony BEFORE 9/11....then pulled, due to the WTC tower collapses.

edit: correct studio name

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Disclosed]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well that explains all the crappy movies that have been coming out. Flight 93, now that was terrible. Snakes on a plane was even worse.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Second, why are we refferring to the object as a UFO? It is clearly not, we went over this as well.

Forgive me for not going back and reading all the pages, but have you or someone else actually identified this object? I seriously doubt it, would you care to share your database of extraterrestrial craft with us? Is it an '04 Zeta Harvester
?

Again, I am a strong believer in ETs, I do believe that they are regularly visiting this planet. That said, I am fairly certain this video is CGI, multiple people have come and given their opinion as such (with proofs). I really don't think UFO's leave contrails behind them. But hey, what do I know? Very little.

"It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away."

-Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev commenting on a UFO sighting that occurred while en route to the Solyut 6 space station in April of 1979.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No problem, it is not Extra Terrestrial at all, it is a guided missile. I am not sure what type exactly. Do a Google Search for "Cigar shaped missile" The first image that pops up in your search is most likely closest to the type used. I would have posted a link to it earlier but when I click on the google link "see full size image" it downloads instead of opening.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join