It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys seen this?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bohica1972

Correct me if I am wrong. But doesn't "SciFi Happens" happen to be about real life events? Where would someone even come up with the idea to produce a video about being attacked by a missile from the upper levels of the WTC? I have to much time on my hands do I?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Correct me if I am wrong. But doesn't "SciFi Happens" happen to be about real life events? Where would someone even come up with the idea to produce a video about being attacked by a missile from the upper levels of the WTC? I have to much time on my hands do I?

So, the other spots in the series of "SciFI Happens" are also real then?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bohica1972
I'm not getting drawn into a 9/11 debate here. The thread was started about this video that you claim is real.

But the information i posted about a missile was real.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i remember i took the same helicopter ride once.
8 mins $80..

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by bohica1972

Correct me if I am wrong. But doesn't "SciFi Happens" happen to be about real life events?

Oh, come on. Science Fiction Happens happens to be about real life events? Are even reading what you type?

Where would someone even come up with the idea to produce a video about being attacked by a missile from the upper levels of the WTC?

What? When was it ever stated that this advertisement is a video about being attacked by a missile?

What was that about not forcing facts?

Furthermore, where would someone even come up with the idea to produce a movie about a farm boy who leaves home to fight against the evil galactic empire? Or about a time-travelling hero who saves his own son from assassination before either the father or the son are even born? Or who could come up with the idea of writing a book about a giant ocean liner called the Titan, described as "indestructable", but which sank after hitting an iceberg on it's way to New York?

en.wikipedia.org...

I have to much time on my hands do I?

Apparently not nearly enough.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
this is too funny. First, this video came out moer than just a month before 911. Try at few years before. Next scifi was running a bunch of short vids for a promotion for science fiction called "Scifi Happens." If you watch the freaking video you'd notice there is one very obvious mistake. The "UFO" never changes size. It is the same size at a distance as it is when it gets close to the chopper. CG error. For the final point, the maker of the video came out and said it was fake, again years ago, because so many people were parading it around as a real UFO video. It was a submission to the SciFi Channel. You should see some of the other submissions. They were great as well.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Why is this video even still being discussed?

It is a FAKE!!

Go look at the original clip & read the comments / Description by the makers of the Video...

Thats the easiest way to tell if something is real or not, instead of flogging a dead horse over it..

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Using extreme peepers vision, I have to comment one last time on this. When the chick is bouncin around in the co-pilot seat, she puts the camera up to her eye and suddenly goes, whats that.

Now come on. How can some one see something like a ufo peeking out from behind a building and go "whats that" before it even comes into view.

Than as it peeks out and shoots away she points than goes, "its over there".

Truly remarkable acting.

Than that thing with it fizzing and creating a contrail into the wild blue yonder.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
It is a FAKE!!

Yes, the video is fake, but the information about the Woolworth missile is not.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
Than that thing with it fizzing and creating a contrail into the wild blue yonder.
'

The turbulence to the helicopter and the contrail were very well done.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
After reading all eleven pages of posts here, I find myself with a few things to say...

I have no idea whether or not this is really an ad, or real footage of something caught pre-911. I have no expereince with film.

I do have to say that after seeing the sci-fi channel logo compared to the smoke trail, I find the similarities to be spurious and contrived.

That is not even what I find most compelling about this discussion!

I am shocked to hear from people who consider the 911 "standard line" to have any amount of veracity whatsoever! I have doubted it, for a long time--however, it was made very clear to me that it was a planned demolition, inside job, when I went to a presentation by an architect who is part of "Architects and Engineers for 9-11 Truth". I heard evidence, from a REAL , genuine, bona-fide "expert", that was really incontrovertible(IMO)--supporting the idea that it was a planned demolition.

Furthermore--to those who say that this video is evidence of "unbelievable amounts of conspiracy" (or that the whole notion of an inside job are, for that matter)--I say this: The Shadow Government (to which I will refer as the Illuminati--encompassing the MANY groups--human and otherwise--that I believe to be part of this network of "dark overlords") owns wealth and resources beyond what I could even calculate or of which I can probably conceive. They own, and control ALL of the institutions which shape our paradigms, and from whom which we receive our livelihoods, and our information--the media, the schools, the military, industry, government, and many religions. They have POWER beyond anything other than Love, Truth, and God (IMO). They own, in my opinion, technology which allows them to manipulate perceptions of reality [yes, I mean holographs, among other things!... And back engineered, and purchased "alien"/interdimensional technology beyond what humans can even probably imagine (just research the Montauk project for starters...or the Philadelphia Project)]--and (IMO) they regularly enslave and program people to do their bidding (research MK ULTRA, to see what they were doing almost fifty years ago!).

From this perspective, there really is no reason at all that they could not (and did not!) pull off a conspiracy of this level.

For goodness' sake, Dick Cheney and his cronies wrote in the (PNAC) Progress for a New American Century Papers--what, twenty years ago?--about the "need for a new Pearl Harbor" to convince Americans to support a military build-up and trade their Constitutional rights to civil liberties and protections for "safety" from the governement (the entity that they should fear the most!). 911 fits the bill and it seems that it's all playing out before our very eyes. I believe that these people are confident, powerful, and very patient when need be.

And anyone who researches the Illluminati, and the way that they behave can see (IMO) that they take a perverse pleasure in toying with the "sheeple"--the "inferior" slaves that they take great pride in manipulating. The idea that they WOULD create a scenario, such as the video being discussed, is completely believable given that they (IMO) like to give out "hints" and toy with--and especially terrorize the masses (they feed on fear, and it helps to generate more control for them). I don't know if this video is CG or not, but I find it to be consistent with the way these "people" operate, and the mentality that they hold (IMO).

Certainly, these are my opinions--and anyone can disagree--but I challenge people to really research the situation before simply writing these ideas off as mere "conspiracy theory".

Also--this is really the first that I have heard about UFO presence pre- and at the 9-11 site. I know that's not the main thrust of this discussion--but it was brought up, and I would appreciate it if someone(s) could point me in the direction of such evidence and discussion. Thank you!

Peace!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bismillah haiyy

Thanks for your post. I don't know if this video is real or not either. But the reason I am sticking to my guns on this is because if it is in fact real. It needs to be looked into further. If it is in fact a Hoax, it still needs to be looked at. There is evedince of all kinds that this was a controlled demolition and hell they've been planning it for decades, so why not expiriment if after all your going to pull off 9/11 you better do it rght. You better do it in a way that people will not be able to properly digest what they saw. Because there is much at stake for the insiders if in fact 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sweetheart, you take the words right out of my mouth!

Thank you for continuing to push for truth on this matter.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I don't get the debate here, i saw this a while ago on the internet and it was for sci-fi channel. Apparently, anytime aliens or any other similar thing appears in a commercial it becomes real automatically. I watched Taken when it originally aired. Freaky, and very real looking, I actually had trouble sleeping for a while after that. But that doesn't mean that Dakota Fanning is actualle 1/8th alien. CGI is very impressive these days,

[edit on 10-5-2008 by W35M4N]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

you are kidding me?

this is the best cgi you have ever seen? you must have been watching b movies exclusively, i'm an amateur 3d studio max hobbyist and those ufo's are all but hard, they are probaby just primitives since the movement is so fast there is no need to model any detail on the models at all.

just have some actors point and watch to the wtc from a heli, make em ooo and ah and point and act like something just flew by super fast very close.

and then add that which flew by in post.

in the original vid the sci fi logo is visible if you can find it.

if you want definitve proof, the woman is an actress called barbara sicuranza and the video is listed on her resume as "SCI-FI Promo (The Blimp)"

www.mysteriousmysteries.com...

edit: reminds me of the people who didn't put the link between the viral marketing and the transformers movie and were seriously discussing what was going on in antarctica and hoover damn and what NBE's Non Biological Entities really are.... funny though, they must have felt bad when they went to the movies and saw hoover, antarctic and the term nbe used in transformers

don't mean anything bad with the last remark but it's a very telling example of why one has to watch where your info is coming from and verify it.

as for 3d, I don't think people (some here) realize how "easy" (relatively, compared to tools of years back) 3d has become, it's still hard yes, but full projects including the 3d, texturing, compositing and the real footage to composite it on are not impossible for 1 person and there is a lot of talent out there.
the positive side is, no self respecting artist will neglect to mention it's cgi.
he/she might say it a day later because if people can't see it's fake then he has achieved his goal (probably to hopefully one day land a job in hollywood/gamingwood and aside people thinking it's real is like an ultimate compliment to the artist if his/her goal was photorealistic) but he/she will say it's cgi if only to get the credit that's due.
but other people have a hobby (no clue why, don't find it humorous) of taking images and clips like these, taking out anything that says fake (eg tv station logo, watermark, credits at the end) and redistributing it as "real".

just think, if 2 "amateurs" can produce this cgi composite clip: www.youtube.com...
They did all the work, casting, shooting the real footage, the 747 cgi and animation, compositing and the script of course in their spare time during 3 months.

myself? im working on the old enterprise. recreating it to scale in 3d, thinking of detailing it beyond the original model which was simply restricted in possibilities at the time. but I don't want to do it "wrong" old skool fans are very sensitive when it comes to their plastiprise

[edit on 10/5/2008 by David2012]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I for one don't believe in coincidence. Obviously the World Trade Center was a huge landmark, but it has been targeted for many years. Not all that is on the Sci/Fi channel is bunk. I would assume that anybody in there right mind to come up with a propmotional piece like this one knew about 9/11 beforehand.

You can't be serious, here.

Prior to 9/11 there was a promo for the first Spiderman movie. Had him spinning a huge web between the towers to catch a group of hi-tech bank robbers in a helicopter.

By your reasoning, the guys who made the Spiderman movie would have to be in on it.

Not to mention the creators of the X-Files spinnoff, "The Lone Gunmen." Look up info on the first episode (I think it was the first), and you'll see what I mean. Hell, just do a youtube search for Lone gunmen & wtc.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
You all should know that these ads are still talked about within the advertising community as the among best of the early viral marketing campaigns. True to the MO of a viral, they "leaked" the raw footage prior to the airing of the final ad, to get the buzz going. They even had the actress claim that it was real, playing the role off-camera. Seriously well done.

As far as the CGI, have you ever seen the "Daxter" commercials for Playstation a few years ago? It's real pyro SFX enhanced with CGI. And doesn't that helicopter cockpit look a bit big from the POV of the camera? Kind of like the interior was shot in a studio? And it ends in a logo just like every other ad in the series.

I know this will probably brand me as a "disinfo agent" but in reality, I just work at an ad agency, and I happen to know that this was a legendary viral marketing campaign. We do it all the time. I don't work in video, though. I work in print.

In any case, I'm sure the Creative Directors that came up with this one would be thrilled that it is still generating buzz almost a decade later.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I assume that anybody in their right mind, to come up with a promotional piece like this, knew about 9/11 beforehand.[grammer and spelling corrected -- TS]

Do you know what "art" is? Or "Art"? Or "Dada"? Or ""D'ahrt""? Or "D'AHrrt!" or any other expression of sillyness means?

This thread is still going?

Ye keep protesting that no one has disproved your thesis that, sometime before 9/11, there was a missile at the World Trade Center, fired at nothing, and is a clue to the Truth.

I present to you the following:
Your thesis has been considered and found to be ungrounded in Reality.

The are fish to fry. Unfortunately, it seems that none of them work for the SciFi Channel.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Ye keep protesting that no one has disproved your thesis that, sometime before 9/11, there was a missile at the World Trade Center, fired at nothing, and is a clue to the Truth.

How many times are people going to overlook the facts of the Woolworth building missile.

Also the Secret Service had Stingers stored in building 7 at WTC.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ULTIMA1]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

It's as is if repeating the same thing over and over again could derail a thread. Oh wait it can, and I am sick of repeating myself. Because some other stooge is going to come and say the same thing all over again.

Oh wait I work in CGI, blah blah blah. Then go back and read the points I have made about why I don't think this is CGI and examine those. Instead of taking modern day CGI PRODUCTIONS and camparing them to this, which is obviously not.

For those of you who keep mentioning spiderman, the editor I quoted earlier does a direct comparison to this and Spiderman and makes several good points.

For those of you mentioning Hollywood films, yes they do very good GGI. Unfortunately a trained eye can easily point out many things about the CGI that makes it what it is. For instance, if you gave me an example of well done CGI I could at least give you small details about how the CGI was created. Hollywood films do relly good CGI nonetheless, but like comparing apples to oranges. Consider the difference in budget, skill, equipment etc.

For those of you experts who work in the field, the so called CGI is completely consistent with the rest of the clip. So why? I do a bit of 3D modeling myself, but thats not the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join