It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opponents Criticize Flight 93 Memorial for Using Islamic Symbols

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

Opponents of the proposed United Airlines Flight 93 memorial say they're outraged by a proposed design they say looks like Islamic symbols to commemorate victims in Shanksville, Pa. on September 11th.
They believe the design — a broken circle lined with trees outlining the crash — looks likes an Islamic crescent that points toward Mecca, the Muslim holy city.
Opponents presented a petition filled with 5,300 signatures to stop construction of the memorial in a joint meeting of the Flight 93 Memorial Task Force at the Somerset County Courthouse.
The controversy over the memorial site began when the Flight 93 Advisory Commission announced a memorial design from Paul Murdoch Architects of Los Angles called "Crescent of Embrace," that included a crescent of maple trees around the crash site.
Some critics say its crescent-shaped design call to mind Islam or subtly include the hijackers alongside the passengers and crew.
The National Park Service, which is managing the construction of the memorial, denied those claims, but changed the design to more of a circle, and dropped the name.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Looks like to honor the people who were killed on the plane, we also need to honor the muslims who caused this. Not fair in my book. The USA is very carefull not to offend the muslims, but do we need to secretly honor them in a memorial for a tragedy caused by them?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

here is a picture

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

Lol, that is kinda ironically funny.

I think the entire design is stupid if you ask me.

Who the hell designs memorials anymore my god seriously.. make it something grand, spectacular and humble at the same time.

A massive bowl in the middle of the PA Highlands with a tower of wind chimes to celebrate the 40 dead?

And on top of it all, it's a crescent and star! lol...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is called Reaction test.

These are one of few tactics the government uses to prevent pointing
fingers on bush and his NWO devlish plan.

The thing that I dont understand is, No matter how many 9/11 documentaries
Proofs implies it is an inside job, people continue to think its the muslims/arab who flew the airplanes.

I just cant understand that.

top topics

join