It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Camelot's NEW 4hr long interview with John Lear

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I only ever had one experience in a thread with JL - once was enough.

Whilst I find his theories very interesting, I find that expressing them as truth is a little misleading - and here comes my own personal opinion:

We've all got to make a living - I think that JL stumbled upon a very good way to earn a living through CT's, and some of his stuff was truly rivetting.

BUT where was the proof he speaks about?

I've yet to see anything except vague theories (acceptable) innuendo (not so acceptable) and magazine articles from the 60's about holograhic planes (???)

Don't get me wrong - I like his stuff.

But truth it's not - despite what some of the more rabid JL groupies may think.

I still enjoy reading his thoughts and theories, but if I'm going to accept them as facts, I need a lot more than just one mans word.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

Using humor to deflect this topic away from nuggets of truth. Funny joke...but....bad timing.

Sometimes humor is the best thing to try and ease peoples tensions. THeres nothing wrong about that. And how does it deflect away from "nuggets" of truth?
who's truth? yours? mine? the owners? all of our opinions are valued...or at least thats what I would like to believe. We don't have to agree with one anothers opinions or ideas but we sure as heck should at least respect each others differences.

But in the end, the only thing any regular forum member can do is simply leave and join another site if they don't like it here. Most of The Mods will do what is their best interests, as opposed to the whole. Just like most governments. Its just the way it is.

I'm a regular member and I have definitely shared my opinions and beliefs contrary to the popular consensus of the topic at hand and I have never had any problems with that or have been swayed to be quiet. Its only when we go against the rules of the forum that I see things being done or said by the moderators or owners. But I suppose I can only speak for myself that I have had free rein of my right to free speech. It is in the Mod's and owners and all OUR best interests that the rules of ATS are followed is it not?

+6 more 
posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Bitter much?

ATS management asks one thing basically from us, and that is...

be something resembling polite. Other than cannabis, there are, as near as I can see, very few taboo subjects, and I've been here long enough that I'd like to think I'd have noticed others.

Some threads are closed due to repetition. Most hoaxes aren't even closed. They are labled for what they are, that's all.

You know what? It's their sandbox, we play by their rules, we don't like it, we are certainly welcome to take our opinions elsewhere.

We can't swear? Big flippin' deal, learn a few new words maybe?

CIA counter intel/NSA coinintel/Illuminati/bogeyman of the day? Oh, grow the hell up, not everything is a conspiracy. These folks, and I include the moderators in this right along side the three amigos, work their collective asses off (the mods for free, out of the goodness of their hearts) to better the site in every way they can think of...and what do they get? Baseless, fact less accusations of collusion with the bogeyman of the day. Talk about ungrateful, jeeze.

I'm probably overstepping myself here, since compared to some, I'm a relative newcomer, only been here a couple of years after all; my exposure to the three amigos and the various higher ups on ATS has been limited. They are, on a whole, a bit smarter than the majority of the members herein, they could do a whole lot better than this if they were indeed so darned nefarious. Seriously. Bill, for example, does most of the site changes himself, that makes him a pretty smart guy in my book. My read on the other two Amigos is exactly the same, a couple of pretty smart guys.

John Lear on the other hand is a condescending story teller who needs to go back to doing what he does well, flying really cool airplanes. If the powers that be say he is welcome back anytime without the drama, I, for one, believe them. Lear says otherwise apparently, guess who I believe...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers

Originally posted by yankeerose
Here comes the hammer.
Talk about what ATS management wants you to talk about, or the thread will be closed. Any future threads will be dealt with immediately.

Bravo, this is the only piece of truth I could find in this thread.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by tommyknockers]

The Kernel is quite puzzled by these types of things. Not surprised, there's plenty of people that like to bash this wonderful site. The puzzlement comes from those that are complaining that they can't complain. What?

Maybe this will make sense after a few mint juleps.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

NOTICE

Please use the new thread: The ATS Issue Thread to branch off and discuss the "ATS related" issues instead of derailing this thread.

Any new posts that should be in the other thread may be removed.

Thank you for your cooperation, we now return you to the subject of the thread.

NOTICE

[edit on 6-5-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is there a way to move my posts on this thread to the new one you mentioned?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Is there a way to move my posts on this thread

No. Because of the size of our database, we no longer move posts, but in this special case, members have temporary permission to repost anything from this thread into the new one.

Now please... back to what John said in the other 95% of the videos.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Thank god for "copy & paste"

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thank you Skeptic! Wow, that was just out of control.

I think the video was, as discussions with JL alway are, very entertaining. Other than that, it offers no real scientific value to the questions of an extraterrestrial existence, or the existence of the Black Operations mentioned.

Entertaining, but useless.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Copy and paste them into the new thread is the only way. We can only move entire threads between the forums we can't move single posts. Sorry mate.

Springer...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I'll second that, tyranny! i could only stomach the first part, no way I'd watch all four hours!

Again, I mentioned the opening montage, when he's describing his 'experiment' in a simulator, to re-create 9/11....all bunk. BUT, you can see, in his face, the minute the 'interviewer' mentions a conspiracy....he lights up, and takes the bait....maybe it was pre-planned. Looked contrived, to me.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
Most of The Mods will do what is their best interests, as opposed to the whole. Just like most governments. Its just the way it is.

No, the mods do what's best for the whole, meaning ATS. And your government comparison doesn't apply, the mods do this for free.

In a way, one can draw similiarites between this site and a govt. structure. A few people in power (mods) controlling the many (reg. members).

We all know that ATS is a conspiracy site, but sometimes there aren't any conspiracies and there are no reasons to be paranoid. This is one of them.

I think your perspective on this is incorrect. The mods aren't controlling anyone, they police and manage the site, meaning that they warn and enforce the site's rules when necessary. You know the rules, right? The ones you agreed on when you joined ATS?

And don't forget that mods are members too, they can post and share their opinion too. If you take a mod's opinion as a warning or as a try to steer or derail a thread, then I guess you're simply too paranoid or perhaps you have a bigger problem with 'authority' figures.

Its almost a micro-experiment of a web coup. Should be interesting to see what happens.

It seems as this is your first time witnessing criticism on ATS and it's management. That would explain why you think what's happening in this thread is censorship.

As SO and others pointed out numerous times, you can - and should, if you think you have a legitimate reason - criticize ATS and/or it's management. But there's an appropriate place for that, and this forum and thread is not it.

Will censorship/banning prevail against those who speak out? Or will free-speech be upheld for the sake of democracy?

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? No one has censored or banned anyone...

What has been done is warn people to stay on topic, a normal procedure that happens hundreds of times each day on ATS - there's nothing extraordinary happening here.

There were/are threads dealing with the whole John Lear 'situation', the reasons for his ban and all the other stuff. The mods simply pointed out that if you want to talk about that you should do it there.

Regarding the criticism, again, there's also a place to do that. That was also pointed out.

If you aren't familiar with those threads and forums, I guess you need to either use the search function or explore the ATS site better, especially if you're going to accuse people of censorship.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Pardon my previous off topic rant. It was something I felt needed to be said, however...

My few encounters with John Lear during his time on ATS left me with a sour taste in my mouth. He's a bit of a condescending know it all, IMHO. I respect his accomplishments out in the real world of aviation, but as a UFO investigator, he makes a great airplane pilot.

I watched very little of it... I was not impressed in the slightest.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
John Lear Tells All.

This is my personal opinion after seeing John Lear’s interview with Kerry Cassidy and Bill Ryan from the in my eyes very trustworthy Project Camelot.

John Lear is in my opinion without doubt a very respectful and sincere man who is clearly very, very well informed about the matters he discussed here supported by his magnificent memory and documents.
And obvious he is a man who sorely isn’t scared at all to come forward with the rock-hard truth and is also willing to inform us about some very sensitive/secret matters indeed in my opinion.

But just like every one else who is involved in very sensitive/secret matters like those, he fully depends on the absolute reliability of those who provide him the information.
But I am convinced that he sorely can evaluate that very well.

Thanks John for telling me all.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

WeedWhacker, I would love to learn more about the "simulator bunk" as you put it. Seeing as how you are currently a pilot, you are very qualified to speak on the issue.

Maybe you could put together a solid post about how it's not only possible to crash planes into buildings in a simulator, but you've done it yourself. A video of you doing it would be stellar!

I stay out of the 9/11 stuff but Skeptic Overlord would be glad to get a video up if you can pull it off.

Springer...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I'll second that...that would be a thread I might actually follow along with...if only to watch the fireworks.

I know that John Lear is your freind, but frankly, he's not my cup of tea. His condecending attitude to those who dare to disagree with him left me cold. This video did nothing to dispel that feeling, if anything, increased it. As near as I can tell, baseless accusations do not an investigator make.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

At 20:00 the 64% solution appears.
The general Force of gravity equation:

F = gmM/r2 Eq.(1)

When the forces equal at the mean rotation point:

Fe = Fm Eq.(2)

Tesla called it axis of rotation or gyration in proving the Moon
does not rotate on its axis.
But one man's proof is another man's puzzle.
And there is a lot of science to be corrected, however back to the Moon:
From Eq.(1) and Eq(2):

Mass of Moon/(Y at equal force point^2) = Mass of Earth/(X^2) Eq.(3)

Lets use Ge for Fe and Gm for Fm as in the video.
At the Earth and Moon surface, solve for the masses.
The basic elimination of variables technique is at play here:

Mm = GmRm^2/gm Eq.(4), Me = Ge Re^2/gm Eq.(5)

where m is a test mass, g the gravitational constant (or ether constant perhaps) .

Placing Eq.(4) and Eq.(5) in Eq.(3), the gm product cancels and:

Rm^2Gm/Y^2 = Re^2Ge/X^2 Eq.(6)

Thus the bottom line equation:

Gm/Ge = (ReY/(XRm))^2

Some type of nutty SAT proportional might have done it, but that makes
it perfectly clear.

Yeah, as clear as we knew what Nixon was doing, but its all there.
Nothing left but to plug in the numbers.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

WHAT?????

Did you just claim the Moon does not rotate about its axis?!?!

What did I mis-understand, there?

I hope I'm mistaken.....

[edit]...and what the heck does Nixon have to do with anything?!?!?! He's dead.

[edit on 5/6/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Actually T&L is right, WW.

The moon always shows the same face to us; it does not rotate on its axis, it rotates around the earth.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Wow. You had no idea i was using humor in there. Um....thanks for taking the time type out 5 paragraphs?

Don't take it so personal, buddy, but you've got a (censored) and a (censored) way of looking at things.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by VisionQuest]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join