It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton Announces Plans For Bell Verdict Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sharpton Announces Plans For Bell Verdict Protests

The Reverend Al Sharpton and supporters of police shooting victim Sean Bell said Saturday that they plan to carry out acts of civil disobedience this Wednesday to protest the acquittals of the three detectives charged in Bell's death.

The goal of the protests is to tie up traffic and force police to make arrests. Sharpton says the protests will continue on a weekly basis, leading up to what he hopes will be a citywide shutdown.

The locations for Wednesday's gatherings are as follows:

Third Avenue at 125th Street;
Park Avenue at 34th Street;
Third Avenue at 60th Street;
Varick and Houston Streets;
One Police Plaza;
415 Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This could turn out to be a very interesting day, as I found that article via Hal Turner.

And here's what Hal has to say...

Race-Hustler and poverty pimp Al Sharpton is asking his supporters to "Protest" the NOT GUILTY verdicts against 3 NYPD Detectives in the 51-shot death of Shawn Bell.

Protesters will probably bring signs with large numbers from 1 - 51 to represent each of the shots fired at Shawn Bell's car. I think we should arrive with signs that ask, "Where were 52 and up?" or "Way to go NYPD!"

For my part, my sign will read, "Don't shoot Blacks, LYNCH THEM!"

It ought to be a real hoot to stir the # up with real live ghetto negroes... Those wishing to attend with me should send an e-mail to:

We shall see. The 7th is Wednesday.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I think we should arrive with signs that ask, "Where were 52 and up?" or "Way to go NYPD!"

For my part, my sign will read, "Don't shoot Blacks, LYNCH THEM!"

?!??

Who is this guy, the Grand Wizard of the Klan, is that what we're promoting on ATS now?

I mean Sharpton's a blowhard, but this guy's a Nazi.

Hopefully he shows up with these signs and gets a bayonet in the face

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I'm just reporting it here, xmotex... and although I don't agree with everything he says or does, he's on the right page on many issues. People need to keep open minds. BTW -- I also defend Rev. Wright in many posts around here. Wrap that around your brain.

And BTW -- I just popped in to give this a bump. Tomorrow is the day.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to pin it on you, I don't know you well enough

Like I said, Sharpton is a useless blowhard.

But this guy Turner is like the white equivalent, only 10x more extreme...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thank god something needs to be done about that horrendous shooting. Those cops deserve to die

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I can't find any word on any of this yet today -- just this article that was posted earlier today -- doesn't look like much new in it though... oh... meeting at 3 PM at the locations... that's why not much new

Bell Supporters Plan Civil Disobedience Acts Across The City

Protesters are expected to gather at 3 p.m. at six locations. Those locations are close to several key transportation points, including the Triborough and Brooklyn Bridges, and the Midtown and Holland Tunnels.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg says the city is prepared for the demonstrations and that the city will look to protect the rights of both the protesters, as well as those who are not protesting.

I have a feeling there will be much more on this later...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Alright... here's a thread started after Big Al got arrested today...

Sharpton arrested as hundreds protest NYC police shooting

I'm done here...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Yes because Sean Bell was a law abiding citizen and a wonderful person. He was a drug dealer selling crack to his people and driving drunk and hitting a police officer while leaving a strip club full of hookers before the night of his wedding. Sounds like a real loss to society there. Fat Al is a horrible blight on his community and people should wake up to the crap he feeds them.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The "crack dealer" accusation is one I hadn't heard before.
Substantiate this.

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about the Bell case - while I don't fell it is as clear a case of police misconduct/incompetence as the Dialou (sp) case, It seems basically to have been an epic screwup by some poorly trained cops.

Bell's friend said something epically stupid about a "gun" that didn't exist, probably to scare off the cops - who he apparently thought were gangbangers - and the (understandably nervous) cops got anxious and overreacted with massive firepower.

Oops

A "racist execution?" Hardly.

Lousy police work that ended up with an apparently harmless & totally unarmed guy dead? Yep.

As usual both "official" ideologies offer absurdly simplified explanations of a complicated event.

The truth is less simple, and should be looked at squarely and unfiltered by ideology, so the same needlessly fatal errors are not repeated.

This event could have ended uneventfully if not for "tough guy" foolishness by people on both sides.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I'm not sure Sharpton ever truly tried to construe it as racist -- just his 'problem' with police, in general, as 2 of the officers on trial were/are black.

And a side note about Hal Turner -- his radio show airs weekly, Wed. nights 9pm EST -- there was NO show last night -- I was wondering if Hal might have been in a jail cell with Big Al, from protesting Al's protest

top topics

join