It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can somebody please explain THIS? ;)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Many may have seen it, but I don't think it's been discussed here.

I am not a fan of stage magic (for me, only the real thing, thank you very much :-), but I must admit this is amazing:

Quick change

I would really love for somebody to explain it to me - especially the very LAST change.

P.S. I see this landed on the "conspiracy" forum... So sorry.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It has to be the work of the devil.

Honestly, I have no idea. At first it appeared to be layers being peeled off. But, it quickly became something different. Freakin magic... sneaky buggers I tell ya.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I would have thought the devil would have had better taste in clothes... even if it isn't Prada.

It's fun, isn't it?
And I love the music they used.
(All too often, "magicians"don't know how to make use of music.)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It's magic and wouldn't be fantastic if you knew how they did it. That is amazing how they change so quickly.

I'm still trying to figure out how this magician did this magic?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
On the first change and that's only as far as i have whatched at the moment you see her tucking her blue dress into the curtain behind.

As the male performer raises the curtain i assume that the blue dress is removed over her head.

And as it is lowered i assume the outfit goes down with the curtain.

Im going to whatch the rest of the act but it look's really smooth so far.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Thanks!

And do let me know what you think of the LAST change.
That's just... wow!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I know it HAS to be mirrors - the generic answer...

But still... wow!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have no explanation for the rest of the video if i said i did i would be a lier.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

That's really cute of you to say...

Will you at least think about it?
(I have the impression that you like to decrypt such tricks.)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Ohh very well if you insist i will spare some time to review the video but like i said this is a smooth act.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That video is amazing!!

I have no explanation for it, you can even see the dress change colour behind one of the curtains.

Wow is all I can say.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Wow is all I can say.

In fact, that is the single most used word in this thread...

I say we keep this thread alive.
I'd really love to see possible explanations!

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I certainly have no expertise personally, but here are some comments regarding the last change that seems to be in the realm of possibility.

From this site;

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

If you watch her right before the glitter falls, she positions both hands on the straps of the dress near her hands. I think she releases hooks right as the glitter falls. The timing would have to be perfect, but it would explain how she does it!
Posted by Shawn on Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 10:45 AM
Shawn is right.. as the glitter falls so does the dress, my bad, still that must take ALOT of practice to pull of as seemlessly as they did, I would bet they have a ton of video of themselves messing up..
she looks ALOT thicker at the beginning than the end...

It was amazing to watch, and must take an enormous amount of practice. Nice thread.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
All of this is just speculation, in no way an expert opinion, but a guess based on what it appears to me to be happening as they move through the act.

From the shapes of the dresses, it looks like they are tissue thin, and layered, and in the first case, the blue dress is over the red one, and it just falls when the "tube" of cloth does. Then, it looks like she steps out of the red dress, (it looks like she is walking through something that helps disrobe her, behind that screen, you can see "resistance" as she walks in and out) and into the yellow dress which is probably layered over a version of the green dress. (the version of the green dress on the hanger is likely just dropped when the yellow dress is into the tube of cloth) then, the purple one looks the most difficult to me, but I notice a slight "bob" of her head just as the green dress morphs into the purple dress, which I would interpret as the possibility that the green dress is "held up" over the purple dress by a string in her mouth, which she then drops and the green dress drops down and then "unfolds" into the longer skirt of the purple dress.

As they begin the purple to black and white dress sequence, you can see her (kind of) make some sort of movement (twice) with the bodice of the purple dress while he sort of swings the pink cloth back and forth in front of her, preparing for the change, but how she does that I cannot even guess. The last one, I agree with the people who note that perfect timing and the hands on the bodice of the dress account for it falling when the glitter does. It is likely buried under the glitter, the performers stand in front of it after that last change to make noticing it less likely.

Very cool. I like trying to figure things out, but this is frustrating because all one can do is speculate.

Edit; Also, while she does tuck the long drapey part of the blue dress into the screen of cloth behind her, notice that when the blue tube of fabric descends, for a second you can see the body of the blue dress in the pile of fabric the tube is made out of on the floor. (it is towards the center of the pile and less sparkly) the man notices this, and he rearranges the pile of cloth so that the dress is under the sparkly cloth.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that there are two different women? When she changes from the black and yellow dress to the green one, not only her hair color changes, but it looks like a different person, judging from the arms and legs. The first women then drops to the floor, hiding beneath the tube used for changing.

Where woman #2 pops up from, I don't know. Maybe there's a hole in the floor.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have no idea how this is done, but if you skip to 00:52 of the video, when the hoop with the torn looking fabric is put around the woman and she starts walking...you can see what looks like she has a THIRD ARM, this arm pulls the dress down to cover her legs in a kind of wiggly motion.
I have seen tricks like this before where there is a fake hand on the hoop to make it look like the performer has both of their hands on the hoop, while underneath with their real hand they are working some sort of prop.

This is quite a nice effect, but that's all it is....and the fun comes from not knowing what is going on. Trying to figure out how the trick works is like sneaking a peek into your christmas presents before it's time....it just cheapens the illusion...just enjoy the show.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Look ad the moment where the green dress turns into purple.
Here you see that the man does something behind the women and the the top drops down into a purple dress.

This is a very old trick.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hi guys, first post. hi

Call me crazy but those two are in possession of high-end cloaking/camo gear, that is simply not possible with fabric. That is being experimented on you for a reason, they are testing its potential.

i bull$h|t you not, if someone finds fabric of that nature them im a goose.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Silverse]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I did see this a while back. Very entertaining. I believe when they were introduced, it was mentioned about some ungodly amount of time for them to perfect this act. And as they respond after the performance, If I tell you, then I'd have to make you disappear. I would like to see that act live for sure though.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
the dress changes are uncanny.
and while I cant even begin to think of the ways they pulled it off, it does seem that there are 2 different ladies.
in one change, her hair turns a different color and her body style is different.
even if they did use 2 different women, its still an amazing trick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join