It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States is drawing up plans to strike on Iranian insurgency camp

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Training insurgents?!

Sounds like a bogus excuse to me.

Of course, the Bush Administration will "swear" that they have "clear evidence" that this is what's going on... the Bush Administration lies. Plain and simple.

They lied to us about the WMD's in Iraq.

They lied about Saddam harboring terrorists.

They lied about liberating the Iraqis and leaving.

They will continue to lie, and point at what you are supposed to believe is infallible evidence.

It's the US administration that needs to be destroyed. They are the ones who put Iran's backs against the wall and left them little option but a hostile stance.

If you, or anyone you know is in the military... beg of them to get out now. A war with Iran WILL cost them their lives. And for what? A lie?

Its time for impeachment people.

There were two options for an American oil pipeline to be laid. One option was through Afghanistan, the other through Iran. Afghanistan was the lesser hostile and hence, more feasible for a sound investment.

Now they want their second option open as well.

This has NOTHING to do with Freedom, Security, Democracy, or anything the US stands for... this has EVERYTHING to do with Bush's friends and their investment interests.

Don't give it to them.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
But those insurgents (aka people that live there) have been deliberately infusing themselves with yellow cake to make them a sexed up iranian walking bomb.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think shock and awe for about 72 hrs on their ammunitions factories, airforce, terrorist training camps and nuclear program will send the message. Then maybe they will reconsider exporting their extreme brand of islamic revolution to the moderate muslim countries. Then moderate muslim democracy's may flourish with the ability to stamp out what remaining cells are left. There will never be peace in the region with the current regime. Wouldn't that be nice if everybody could have a good time and trade without these 17th century militants running around telling the rest if the ME how they should dress and live under sharia law or else they will kill them.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Training insurgents?!

Sounds like a bogus excuse to me.

Of course, the Bush Administration will "swear" that they have "clear evidence" that this is what's going on... the Bush Administration lies. Plain and simple.

They lied to us about the WMD's in Iraq.

They lied about Saddam harboring terrorists.

They lied about liberating the Iraqis and leaving.

They will continue to lie, and point at what you are supposed to believe is infallible evidence.

It's the US administration that needs to be destroyed. They are the ones who put Iran's backs against the wall and left them little option but a hostile stance.

If you, or anyone you know is in the military... beg of them to get out now. A war with Iran WILL cost them their lives. And for what? A lie?

Its time for impeachment people.

There were two options for an American oil pipeline to be laid. One option was through Afghanistan, the other through Iran. Afghanistan was the lesser hostile and hence, more feasible for a sound investment.

Now they want their second option open as well.

This has NOTHING to do with Freedom, Security, Democracy, or anything the US stands for... this has EVERYTHING to do with Bush's friends and their investment interests.

Don't give it to them.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by johnsky]

I "FEEL" your pain man. I can hear the beatles in my mind now only they are playing violins...Just give peace a chance. Oh yea time to wake up. Bush lied, people died! Where were you when saddam was putting people down the wood chipper? Where are you while iran is killing their gay people? Were are you when iran is arming hezbollah and hamas and sending rockets into the green zone? Where are you while they kill americans and hide behind civilians in iraq and gaza? Where are you when they suice bomb to hoping to meet alah because they killed an infidel? Where are you when woman have no rights? Where are you when these people love death more than life because of their religion? Where are you when they bomb new york?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonhb

There is no way a 72 hour shock and awe campaign will remain isolated to just that. I firmly believe that any attack on Iran, especially one as large as what you are proposing will result in WWIII.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by jasonhb

There is no way a 72 hour shock and awe campaign will remain isolated to just that. I firmly believe that any attack on Iran, especially one as large as what you are proposing will result in WWIII.

I think that we diddnt unleash probably half of our capability in the beginning of taking out saddams military infrastructure. I'm quite certain we could take them out in the same amount of time and not put any boots on the ground. Then a no fly zone could take effect while their people decide what to do next. Atleast it would knock them back in time for years to come while the moderate countries gain in strength. Then we could go come home with just a small security force like in s. korea, germany and japan to help with peace keeping. Call it a day.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonhb

Yes, I think we are more than capable of handling a massive strike against Iran. I don't think the world will tolerate it this time. I think if we were to launch such a large scale attack using the sole reasoning as trying to stop the insurgency, then I would have to guess that would kick off a MUCH MUCH larger war.

I don't think we have sufficient cause to carry out any acts of war against Iran at this point. We may be able to "try" to justify it, but I don't think the world will buy it. Certainly the allies of Iran won't buy it.

A small scale attack would do nothing more than stir up the hornets nest. A large scale attack capable of crippling Iran would kick off WWIII.

It is a lose lose situation.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I couldn't disagree more. I think due to the press people think they are bigger and tougher than they are. Remember they are just now coming back after the iran/iraq war. They are still flying 30 yr old planes they stole from us. These guys openly say to the world press they arent training, directing and funding these militant groups which everybody knows they are. These groups are actually the revolutionary gaurd wearing civilian clothes. The are doing a massive buildup in lebanon, gaza and in sadr city. I think they will kick it off in israel first (like the 2006 war which gave them confidence) and then the us, brittain and other nato allies will shock and awe. That is what I think will happen. I dont think the us needs a gulf of tonkin. I think we will save face and let them start it. I could only imagine if they let off a dirty bomb and simply sait, "it wasnt us, prove it"

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonhb
I think shock and awe for about 72 hrs on their ammunitions factories, airforce, terrorist training camps and nuclear program will send the message.

Ok look, let's fan the flames of Patriotism a bit here Jason.
Iran's position is actually quite easy to understand when you look at their history.

Afterall it was not long ago their democratically elected government of President Mossadegh was overthrown by the US and replaced with a brutal puppet. Just because he wanted to privatize his own nations Oil Industry.

Then Iraq invades Iran, with plenty of US backing and funding I might add, and the Iranian suffer a disastrous war for 8 years with millions of civilian and military causalities.

Now fast forward to 2008, constant US pressure and baseless claims about them enriching Uranium, meanwhile America has hundreds of thousands troops stationed both East and West of Iran in it's neighbors.
You think that's a pleasant place to be in currently..?

No freakin' wonder they're doing anything they can to get the US to pull out and stop gearing up for another invasion. It's only natural.
This is the same nation that overthrew one of their governments, shot down an Iranian Airliner with no good reason, and now threatens an attack?

Yeah why can't they see the good side of US Foreign Policy, those damn fanatics...

Then maybe they will reconsider exporting their extreme brand of islamic revolution to the moderate muslim countries.

They're not trying to "export" anything. Iraq is not under Sharia Law currently, and wasn't even under Saddam, Saddam was a totalitarian dictator, who seized power by use of the military.

Iran is a Shia majority nation and is not looked upon favorably by most Arab nations because of the Shia-Sunni rift in Islam, hell some Saudis don't even see Shias as Muslim, I seriously doubt any Sunni nations would adopt a Shiite-based, Sharia Law of government, because of their differing views.

Then moderate muslim democracy's may flourish with the ability to stamp out what remaining cells are left. There will never be peace in the region with the current regime.

And there certainly won't be peace with America's current foreign policy. Within 6 years you guys have invaded 2 Muslim nations and now have plans on a 3rd?

And this is supposed to make Muslims and people in Middle East jump for joy is it? America ransacking Iraq for Energy Interests and Oil?
Yeah real reassuring there...

If democracy is a system of government for the people by the people, than it is the people alone who should determine they want one. Not some moronic Texan and his fascist Admin 10000 miles away who force it onto people with a sword.
You don't get anywhere by telling other countries how to run themselves or even SHOWING them how. This is why America has no diplomatic strength these days, because they have forgotten what diplomacy means.

Who are you to say what government a nation should have? People in the Middle East have been living by the Quran for around 1,500 years, and I seriously doubt any amount of US pressure is going to the change the habits of a hundred generations.
You seriously need to reevaluate how effective US policy is...
Do you keep up with Iraq by any chance?
You think they're eating up democracy with a spoon over there?

Wouldn't that be nice if everybody could have a good time and trade without these 17th century militants running around telling the rest if the ME how they should dress and live under sharia law or else they will kill them.

What would be really nice is getting rid of these 18th century Imperialists looking to dominant the Middle East so they can continue to make record Oil profits.
Iran isn't telling anyone what to do.. Iran hasn't attacked a Middle Eastern nation and I seriously doubt it ever will in the near future.

America on the other hand isn't even telling anymore, it's just doing it for them.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Anyone sick of aimless blood lust killing raise your right hand. Ok, the bullseye is firmly affixed to my nethers. Lock and load.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I disagree....Yea, the shah sucked but that was a different time. What about iran getting ready to take out israel with hezbollah and hamas aka irans revolutionary gaurds? What about nuclear proliferation allready found in seria and taken out? For those interested check out what the islamic revolution in iran is all about on wikipedia. If the US is plundering in Iraq for oil wheres the proof? Wheres the oil? It's going to fund their economy, thats where. Were just backing the good guys. Iran has been doing this stuff before we ever came to the middle east. I would say they want to control iraq. At the start of the war it was reported they assaninated all the anti shia leaders so they could easily have friendlies in iraq to control afterward. Like I said before, it is in my opinion saddams wmd's are to be found in seria. Iran will attack israel when they are ready. And we will pull an air campaign in the end and call it a day.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sodom

I disagree....Yea, the shah sucked but that was a different time. What about iran getting ready to take out israel with hezbollah and hamas aka irans revolutionary gaurds? What about nuclear proliferation allready found in seria and taken out? For those interested check out what the islamic revolution in iran is all about on wikipedia. If the US is plundering in Iraq for oil wheres the proof? Wheres the oil? It's going to fund their economy, thats where. Were just backing the good guys. Iran has been doing this stuff before we ever came to the middle east. I would say they want to control iraq. At the start of the war it was reported they assaninated all the anti shia leaders so they could easily have friendlies in iraq to control afterward. Like I said before, it is in my opinion saddams wmd's are to be found in seria. Iran will attack israel when they are ready. And we will pull an air campaign in the end and call it a day.

"Iran has been doing this stuff before we ever came to the middle east"

and when did you guys go to the middle east?

jasonhb

sodom

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's simple folk's America and anyone who follow's them will be seen as the new world enemy.

Hitler had the last laugh i tell ya.

But just remember what happend to Hitler and his Nazi oganisation it was blown out the water.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I disagree....Yea, the shah sucked but that was a different time.

So we should just forget history, and forget America's CIA-sponsored regime changes around the world whenever they come across a nation they doesn't lick their ass?
The Iranians certainly haven't forgotten about the US sock puppet who killed 20,000 people and imprisoned and tortured more than 4 times that number. It easy it sit back and say that was history when you weren't there.
Open YOUR MIND

What about iran getting ready to take out israel with hezbollah and hamas aka irans revolutionary gaurds? What about nuclear proliferation allready found in seria and taken out?

Iran taking out Israel? With what exactly? Stones and boulders? Maybe some rusty old F-14's circa 1978?

You have to cut through the Bush propaganda and see Iran for what it really is. A paper tiger. It's threat to international stability is being blown out of proportion yet again, just like with Iraq.

Remember all those claims about Saddam being able to launch a chemical attack on the US in 45 minutes notice? How fkn ridiculous does that sound now...
Israel has been bombing Hezbollah into the stone age for over 2 decades now and has proven that they are more than capable of handling the threat Palestinian and Lebanese militias pose to them.
Sure there are terrorist attacks all the time in Israel, but the Fundamentalists are in no way preparing to invade Israel, that's a load of sh*t.

Name me ONE TIME in the past 50 years where Hezbollah, Hamas, Fatah or the PLO have actually invaded Israel?
Come off it man, do your research before you speak, these guys are militias not Armies.

And btw, it's "Syria" and no they've never had nuclear weapons or a programme to build them. Try sources other than Faux News and CNN.

For those interested check out what the islamic revolution in iran is all about on wikipedia.

It was about Persian people reclaiming their identity and nation which had essentially been hijacked by a US-controlled puppet who wanted to abolish everything remotely Islamic, replace their legal system with US copies and walk and talk like an American.
That's what it was about. And don't tell me that was the wrong thing to do, what would you do if some Iranian controlled puppet took power in the US and wanted to convert your nation into an Islamic state?
Don't be a hypocrite.

If the US is plundering in Iraq for oil wheres the proof? Wheres the oil? It's going to fund their economy, thats where. Were just backing the good guys.

You want proof?
Go outside, find a gas station and look the price.. Compare that to what the rest of the world pays for gas and there's your answer chum.

Look at Halliburton's profits since 2003, skyrocketing.
The first thing the Marines did when they landed is rush South and secure the oil fields, hmm I wonder why they did that?

Iran has been doing this stuff before we ever came to the middle east. I would say they want to control iraq. At the start of the war it was reported they assaninated all the anti shia leaders so they could easily have friendlies in iraq to control afterward.

Oh my...
Ok look, first off what stuff? What has Iran been doing?
Could you be any more vague or do you expect people to believe someone who sounds about as credible as a 13 year old?

Iran does not want to control Iraq. If you knew anything about their cultures you would understand Iranians are not Arabs, they are Persians.
They speak a completely different language, they have a history entirely separate from the Arab world, different customs, different religions.
They DO NOT want to control an Arab nation with Arab people who follow a different branch of Islam.
Why would they? So they can get stuck in a perpetual quagmire like we are now? Yeah that adds up doesn't it?

The only people controlling over Iraq are the hawks you look up to.
Peace

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I just don't understand why people are so supportive of double standards. We are being fed the line that this is about (in the words of Bush Sr) "Good and Evil, Right and Wrong", yet the same people who are supposedly on the side of good are lieing to and manipulating the people.

I realize the world is not a fair place, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join