It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States is drawing up plans to strike on Iranian insurgency camp

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Do you honestly think that a small scale American attack on Iranian soil would prevent or even reduce Iranian involvement in Iraq? The only way to keep them from doing more damage would be to destroy the entire nation. Even then, they would be trying like hell to kill us whenever possible.

If true, this decision will do nothing but kill more people and put our troops in even more danger.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
They should have attacked and killed the enemy long ago.

You cannot fight terrorists with conventional war, and the govt knows that.
Therefore we are not in Iraq and will not be in Iran because of terrorists. But to keep the dollar on the oil standard.

The only way to fight terrorism is to hunt them down silently and kill them.
Without borders, without regard or hesitation. For a nation to harbor such people is for the nation to have accepted the terms of the new style of warfare and it's use against us, they should expect the same in return and have no credibility arguing otherwise.

When they fear to recruit because we will find them and kill them, we have won the war on terrorism. Never send an army to do a job a few good cyber-ninjas could do.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
reply to post by Karlhungis

I say good,whatever works...we need to stop them from getting into Iraq and killing people..

not much else we can do to stop them except to blow em up..sad to say

as long as one human wants to fight another we will have wars...humans need to evolve,but it's gonna take some major event to get the ball rolling.

i would thing either this must happen www.youtube.com...

or a mass alien contact of some sort

It makes me very sad to see this attitude is so common, it shows just how well the Bush & co propaganda machine is working.
If the U.S.A. goes into Iran the world will never be the same again. Americans say 9/11 is the day the world changed, well prepare for it to change again, for the worse.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

That is an absolutely stupid analogy to use for war.
So because a nation may harbor terrorists, it gives us the right to go in and destroy the whole country?

Tell me why we aren't invading Saudi Arabia, our so called Ally? Who funds & supplies Palestinian organizations like Hamas and Fatah, or Pakistan, where Osama Bin Laden lives and Al-Qaeda get all their support from these days?

This simple truth of the matter is, Iranian politics are threatening US Oil & Energy interests in the region, and the Republicans cannot stand for that because they are profiting like never before from record oil prices.

Forget terrorism, throw all that Bush propaganda out of your mind. It's purely motivated by sheer greed.
The US is worried Iran might try to privatize it's Oil Industry like they tried in 1953 with Mossadegh. And guess what happened to him?
He and his democratically elected gov. got overthrown and replaced with a sock puppet.

Ahmadinejad's attitude is what's pissing the US off the most, irregardless of the fact whether he's enriching uranium or supply the Insurgency.
The Chickenhawk's have done this throughout American history.

Look at how they intervened in Chile, Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Iran, the Suez Crisis; each incident is fundamentally the same, whenever a government is elected that threatens to challenge American Energy/Oil/Business interests in the region, they are overthrown and replaced with a staunchly pro-Western successor.

Regime Change nothing more...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
They should have attacked and killed the enemy long ago.

You cannot fight terrorists with conventional war, and the govt knows that.
Therefore we are not in Iraq and will not be in Iran because of terrorists. But to keep the dollar on the oil standard.

The only way to fight terrorism is to hunt them down silently and kill them.
Without borders, without regard or hesitation. For a nation to harbor such people is for the nation to have accepted the terms of the new style of warfare and it's use against us, they should expect the same in return and have no credibility arguing otherwise.

When they fear to recruit because we will find them and kill them, we have won the war on terrorism. Never send an army to do a job a few good cyber-ninjas could do.

Sorry but that is utter clap trap my good man.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Cy is right. The bad thing about being right in that case is that the US Federal Gov't is ran by and for the select very few who not only like to see that they have a huge bank account but also like to power of controlling the military juggernaut.

I understand that people could say "Life is good because I can blah blah blah and I have a good family and a good job (or not)." Or "That doesn't matter to me because blah blah blah and the politicians are people, too!" Well, there is alot to be said about the society of arrogance and wealth that is traditional and rarely devolves. Granted, there is really not anyway to throw off the oppressives because they also control legislation and the military (you know what I am getting at so I won't say it). Life is # no matter how much freedom or rights you think you have. We are all sucking in poisons daily and trying to change the way things are will lead to imprisonment and worse.

And stop talking about the Ahmedjihad guy. He is just a figurehead and the Ayatollahs or whatever terrorist/muslom insaniacs run the oil field we call Iran. If you will kindly look up "Janissaries" and maybe look into the life of mohamed a little more you WILL find that the moslom religion is specifically aimed at killing off or converting all non-terrorists and making all the land of Terra one big, stinking cespool of muslim society. Don't get me wrong, I respect that mohamed guy for his economic and military prowess and his ability to rapidly integrate what he learned about other religions to fold into his writtngs. I mean, read some of the Quram or whatever - damn, that was thought out well and not just because it was written in 600 or so. Just never forget the fact that he married his cousin who was quite young and made babies (all maniacs who talk to god have wierd...quirks for some reason).

Oh, but also - so what if the Prez has that camp hit? Another will spring up anyways. Probably where he says it should go, too (or the VP guy, etc.).

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by luzeria

I have never in all my life read such a nonsensical crude peice of jibber jabber.

Goodness me.

You need to atleast give AhmedJihad some respect. He is in my opinion a very calculated and inteligent man to say the very very least.

He is far from being a lacky.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 5-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Luzeria your post was hilarious, I didn't know whether to laugh or put my first through the fkn screen but short of blowing a vein I'll reply:

Originally posted by luzeria
He is just a figurehead and the Ayatollahs or whatever terrorist/muslom insaniacs run the oil field we call Iran.

First off, what's a Muslom?
What is this the 11th Century? It's Muslim, take a grammar course.

Wow, your thinking like a Republican already, you don't see nations you see cashfields and $$$.
It's precisely this kind of thinking combined with 30 years of Republican rule or should I say Fascism that has gotten America into the sorry state it's into today.
If you see nothing wrong with US Foreign Policy now than you do not learn from mistakes do you?

If you will kindly look up "Janissaries" and maybe look into the life of mohamed a little more you WILL find that the moslom religion is specifically aimed at killing off or converting all non-terrorists and making all the land of Terra one big, stinking cespool of muslim society.

Janissaries? What are you talking about?
Janissaries were the footsoldiers of the the Ottoman army? And this is evidence of a global Islamic agenda because....

Would you care to provide some evidence for your wild, paranoid claims or do you expect people to believe a guy who has the grammar and general world knowledge of a 14 year old child living with his mom?

Don't get me wrong, I respect that mohamed guy for his economic and military prowess and his ability to rapidly integrate what he learned about other religions to fold into his writtngs. I mean, read some of the Quram or whatever - damn, that was thought out well and not just because it was written in 600 or so. Just never forget the fact that he married his cousin who was quite young and made babies (all maniacs who talk to god have wierd...quirks for some reason).

Yeah he married his cousin, so that makes him a total maniac does it?

That was over 1,500 years ago. Things were very, very different back then. Incest was common in all classical civilizations, the Romans, the Greeks, the Egyptians, they had plenty of emperors and leaders who married their family members.
The world has changed quite a bit since then, looking back a things like that from our perspective is stupid, because we live in a make-believe, sugar-coated society that breeds ignoramuses like you.

Most people didn't live past 30 back in 600A.D. You grew up at around 8 or 9 years old and married at 12 or 13, it happened all the time.
Go read a book..

Oh, but also - so what if the Prez has that camp hit? Another will spring up anyways. Probably where he says it should go, too (or the VP guy, etc.).

So why use brute force when it's clear it's not efficient in dealing with terrorism.
Jeez man you are narrow-minded aren't you?
I suppose your solution to Iraq is to just flatten the nation into a crispy crater?

I think perhaps this is the wrong forum for you Luzeria, try Stormfront.org

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Lee,

I think you may be misunderstanding Cyberian's intent on the post.

He/She is (IMHO), not advocating a traditional attack at all!

I think perhaps you jumped te gun a bit by only reading the first line of his/her post.

What Cyberian seems to be saying is exactly the opposite, that, via traditional means (carpet bombing, aerial attacks, conventional ground deployment, etc) has NEVER been the way to target terrorism and the Government knows this.

That when ANY one country at all, be it Iran, Iraq, Saudi, or the US, when ANY of them decide to ascribe to being a harbor of terrorism, then they too, must comply, by their own decision to actually do so with the rules of the new engagement. That is, that terrorism can only be fought silently, without innocent civilian casualty nor conventional war. Since the Government has known for quite some time that this is TRULY the only way to fight this type of war, then, they must certainly be waging or threatenting to wage a conventional war for other means.

I think before you jump the gun just read a little more into what someone may be actually saying.

Just my $.02

AB1

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

You lost your credibility in it's ENTIRETY when you decide to be hostile toward another user here who absolutely has the right to voice their opinion.

Grammar does not equal intelligence. Your hostility only further proves why problems like this exist in Iran in the first place. Do you place yourself on a higher plane simply because you may have the ability to effectively use a spell checker and grammar checker? If you were "warring with words" with a delegation from Iran, would you cease peace talks because they couldn't spell words or conjugate sentences properly within a language that is not native to them?

This superiority mindset absolutely underscores why these type of problems exist.

In my opinion, you should lose the attitude and not pounce upon other members here (which leads me to believe you hold these values dear to your heart in your normal day to day), all of whom have the right to voice these opinions without being demeaned by another.

AB1

[edit on 5-5-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

In my opinion a user looses all credibility when they make baseless, hate-filled statements against a race or religion with zero credence to them.

What so I loose credibility for daring to challenge someone's particularly ridiculous opinions?
That's also what the Nazis said too, I suppose you'd agree with them?

People certainly have the right to voice there opinions, it's when they voice them in vain that they need to be discredited because they simply constitute yet another person who fills these forums with disinformation and lies.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Hello ofcourse as with any post i make i will alway's stick by it.

But that does not mean i am so pig skinned as to not take your point of view onboard.

So thank's for taking the time to reply to me in the manner you did.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Exactly....so you choose to use your hate-filled statements to denigrate another user because they simply chose not t use their spell checker to voice an opinion?

By the way, there is no such thing at all as lies OR disinformation based upon an opinion.

You say purple, I say blue...truth is it MAY be purple like you say, but MY opinion is that it is blue...it's not disinformation OR a lie...it's simply that I'm colorblind.

Seeing as how you're not a moderator, I don't find it in the public interest for you to be determining whether or not disinformation OR lies are being thrown around here. Let the mod's do that, and try and stay civil.

AB1

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Exactly....so you choose to use your hate-filled statements to denigrate another user because they simply chose not t use their spell checker to voice an opinion?

No I choose to attack his opinion because it's unfounded and baseless, not to mention openly racist, I used his poor grammar to attack his credibility because doesn't lend any help to it but that wasn't the basis of my arguement was it?

By the way, there is no such thing at all as lies OR disinformation based upon an opinion.

Conceded... BUT there are certainly misinformed opinions on these forums, and when people keep spreading them around what they do is spread them users who have not seen their views debunked and create a cycle of never-ending FALSIFIED opinions, which turns ATS into the cesspool it is now.

You say purple, I say blue...truth is it MAY be purple like you say, but MY opinion is that it is blue...it's not disinformation OR a lie...it's simply that I'm colorblind.

What do you think I've been saying here? Somebody has to be wrong...!

I don't find it in the public interest for you to be determining whether or not disinformation OR lies are being thrown around here. Let the mod's do that, and try and stay civil.

See that banner up there? "Deny Ignorance"?

I'm trying to do just that. I don't police these forums, but when I come across something particularly fishy I do feel tasked to attack a user's opinion when he presents a view that is utterly unfounded like Luzeria did.
If he quoted something, gave me a link, some evidence I wouldn't be so harsh on him, but to just spout that cr*p, sit back and say "Hey! Believe me..." is stupid.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"To make the mistake of not respecting your adversary, hands him the victory without an arrow being loosed."

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
dj : The enemy is the Ayatollahs. Ahmedinejahd (sp?) is a figurehead. A figurehead leads and doesn't have to be a sock puppet, as long as he doesn't do something he is told to not do he is alright by his backers. (read into that whatever you want)

I didn't expect to see such a blow up from my post. I'll remember which forum this is and post accordingly.

Who's to say I wasn't trying to smoke out closed minded buffoons for the ignore list in general with my purposefully idiotic statement whilst also putting in my thoughts, too?

Anyways, for some reason we aren't using our Special Forces (masters of subversive insurgency) and submarines (magic missles from the sea)/SEALS (expert demolitionists in my opinion) in a manner to properly resolve this issue. If this camp needs to go then our civilian leaders should never even let slip that they know it's there. We have the capability and the minds but not the politicians with the fortitude to act in the interests of the citizenry that elected them or world at large. These sort of articles should never become stories for the same reason civilians do not "need to know" our own militaries capabilities. (entire different argument with the FOIA and the like)

As to how this reporter caught wind of a planned attack? Could be as simple as some private blabbing or some enthusiatic commander talking about what "his" troops get to do.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by luzeria

WE INTERUPT THIS BROADCAST TO BRING YOU SOME CRITICAL INFORMATION !!!

..................................................................................................................

It's official folk's polly has put the kettle on ! Let's all have tea !

.................................................................................................................

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 5-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If the US went to war against Iran and invaded the country, taking control over the oil, that's going to be the trigger to a possible 3rd world war.

Why? Simple, Iran is the country that supplies China with most of its oil, and if the US has control over that oil, they won't get any.
Bush will use an excuse, saying that China provided Iran with nuclear stuff and other weapons, to stop exporting oil to China.

That's when we will see a WW3 scenario coming into being.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes, war sucks but what do we do when Iran is not only killing americans but also has israel surrounded too. Throught their proxies they are trying to spread their islamic revolution all over the middle east. They are funding arms to afghanistan, lebanon, gaza and iraq. I think it's going to hop off soon as well.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
No great revelation. Iran has been their primary military objective all along. Iraq was merely a stepping stone. How this sits with russia and china will yet to be seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join