It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States is drawing up plans to strike on Iranian insurgency camp

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

United States is drawing up plans to strike on Iranian insurgency camp

www.timesonline.co.uk

The US military is drawing up plans for a “surgical strike” against an insurgent training camp inside Iran if Republican Guards continue with attempts to destabilise Iraq, western intelligence sources said last week. One source said the Americans were growing increasingly angry at the involvement of the Guards’ special-operations Quds force inside Iraq, training Shi’ite militias and smuggling weapons into the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well, if true, this should certainly stir things up a little bit. I can't imagine an air strike in Iran going over well with the Iranians. I will bet that they will respond with a formal counter attack. Sadly, I think that is what we are hoping for.

Again, if true, this could be the trigger to the war that they seem to be wanting so badly.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's going to happen one way or the other.

So here are a few reason's why we and i say we because i think the U.K would have Americas back again.

Why we should not attack.

1. The Shiites in Iraq would almost certainly turn on us, think Iraqi insurgency getting three or four times bigger.

2. Other key American allies such as Pakistan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia could easily be swept away by fundamentalist revolutions.

3. The price of oil would spike, which means the cost of gas could easily double.
Let's face it it's already too high.

4. Another war would mean giving Bush more powers i find that disturbing.

And finally and most important.

5. People would die, lots of people, innocent people.

End of the day when this DOES happen and i know it will.

Im shure it will be the final straw being pulled in the game known as KAPLONK.

And what happen's after that straw is pulled and the marbles fall ?

In my honest opinion it will be WW3.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 4-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

I agree. I don't see anything positive coming from a strike on Iran. Unless of course you make your money off of Oil.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Believe it or not this is the crusades in modern term's all you need to do is look back over history to see that it is indeed.

REPEATING !

And then you must ask yourself why are we making the same mistake again ?

Was oil the thing that the western world was seeking between the year's 1095 and 1272 ?

NO !

It was all about religion.

The U.S.A has huge oil reserve's no need to go to war for more of it at the moment.

That's what this crap all boil's down too in the end it's all about RELIGION we should all wake up and smell the coffee.

RELIGION = WAR

WAR = HATRED

It's a circle that was created by who and what i dont know.

But it was created to keep us in bondage and confuse us.

To slow us down if you will.

To stop the world being united.

I also beleive at one point we all spoke the same language and when different languages were created they were created to confuse us.

Does a Spanish dog understand a English dog ? YES

Why are we so different ?

There is a strong case why we speak a different language yes.

But at some point going back to the source of language it's creation if you will it must have been the same yes ?

But that's another story for another time.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

2. Other key American allies such as Pakistan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia could easily be swept away by fundamentalist revolutions.

the issue i have with that is simple - all of those countries are suuni not shia , although pakistan does have a very strong shia base , egypt was founded shia but went to the `suuni side` (sorry
) many many hundreds of years ago , and saudi - is there even any shia left after they`ve all been hung/drawn and quatered there???

but yes iraq is allready the 21st century `vietnam` chasing down the al-qaeada boogeyman and sucking the life out of the USA.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You make a valid point however what i was getting at is something that goes a little deeper than "Shia" and "Sunni".

In the bigger picture who do you think the nation's i mentioned would be behind if and when the U.S.A and other nation's such as the U.K for example strike Iran ?

Make your choice and i think you will find the obvious answer.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I take it that that "insurgency camp" being targeted is Iran's oil bourse?

If this goes down, and it would be absolute madness, you can be sure a smart bomb will wipe out that particular "terrorist camp" in the first ten minutes of the war.

And let's have a reality check about the nomenclature here: this would not be an "attack," it would be an act of war. And war it will be, with real retaliation far beyond what we saw in Iraq.

Compounding the monumental strategic error of invading Iraq by doubling down and starting a war with Iran is pure Dr. Strangelove. This better not happen, but the war propaganda is all over the press, a very very bad sign.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

as you say religion plays an enormous role - the same is in this case - suuni and shia are so opposite , those countries would sit on there hands and watch iran burn.

then israel would burn as the missiles land that iran fired in reply then then ME would all be glassed by israel and there samson option (likewise germany etc)

as for the oil bourse? thats where the threat lies - thats where the USA feels they have lost control , and thats where saudi,kuwait and the rest are looking at with keen interest - to be blunt , Iran are laughing as everyone wants to pay using the currency in there bourse.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I really hope the US doesn't go into Iran.

I can't begin to think the implications that would have for future world stability. It would literally turn the clock back to 1947 in the Middle East, there is no way Muslims could ever look favorably upon America again after it invades three Muslim countries within a space of 6 years or so.

Islamic Fundamentalism would sweep through the Mid-East like a hot knife through butter creating generations of bitter, disenfranchised Arab/Muslim males who habour nothing but a deep hatred for the West.
Even moderate nations like Jordan, Egypt and Morocco would probably isolate themselves from the West, terrorist group's ranks would swell..

Not to mention, rallying Iranians around an otherwise unpopular and extremist regime who will use the invasion as an excuse that their fears were founded and pursue Nuclear weapons aggressively.

Boy would that make defecation hit the oscillation...
It truly would be like the Crusades all over again.

The US stepping into Iran is like a man who has a crocodile on his shoulder and a tiger on his leg jumping into a volcano.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How the hell the news agencies even get this information?? This is what's more worrisome to me. Either someone very, very high up is leaking information to the press, and God knows who else, or the news agencies are just plain making things up. Or elaborating just a little too much on the "truth".

It just seems strange that a news agency in the UK has very sensitive information about the US Military.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Toy_soldier

It's a little thing called propaganda.

In order to recieve support the government will tell the press to release such information to further bolster public acceptance of action's they want to carry out.

There is nothing mysterious or fancifull about it it's just the way of the tyrant.

It's the way of the war mongerer.

It's the way of bush and any other nation's leader that follow's this utter lunacy.

I honestly wonder from time to time if the nazis were just a pre pubecent start of thing's to come.

I think that bush and his gustapo are far worse than the nazis.

I feel sorry for the American peaple as a whole.

And im shure that there for father's are spinning in there grave's due to the fact such a ignoramous is actually running there once fine country.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hate to say it but if it did happen I don't think that Iran would respond with formal military force. While Amhedinjad (sp?) rattles his saber alot, he would gain more respect within the Middle East and the world community by not acting and further alienating the U.S. from the world body. Essentially painting us as warmongering villians, his position is strengthened WITHOUT ever having to show the true extent of his military capability, which I do believe is grossly over-exaggerated. He could rally the muslim countries to his cause and use the Quds force to train them without commiting any regular army forces.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

You'd certainly expect to see a flare-up in Iraq, most spontaneous, but doubtless to be blamed on Iranian-backed terrorists.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Most definatley...He is alot smarter than alot of the analysts and news orgs give him credit for. Sounds to me he has taken a page out of the Green Beret handbook .

[edit on 4-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
May they all get JDAMS on their heads soon. May they all get their virgin boys from Allah.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I thought it was the opposite. Perhaps somebody wants to prevent such actions by leaking info that the U.S. is going to strike Iran. Oops looks like we cant attack Iran since everybody knows now, especially the Iranians since they can abandon their camps.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Oops looks like we cant attack Iran since everybody knows now, especially the Iranians since they can abandon their camps.

Oops.. looks like they give a sh*t.
They were planning to go into Iraq for seconds long before 9/11 or Osama surfaced, it was all a matter of timing. Look up the Project for the New American Century (PNAC).

They'll most likely do the same thing here. What for some catalyzing event to distract people and sway opinions and Bam! it's hammer time.

US Foreign Policy isn't particularly sensitive to voter's opinions when Energy/Financial interests are at hand. Look at Iran in 1953, the Suez Crisis, Gulf War I... the $$$ comes before the

You don't seem to know your own President.
This is the guy who openly defied the UN Security Council with fraudulent intelligence when they told him he was wrong.

Sad thing is, there really won't be any convenient time for them to strike in them minds of the world.
No matter how they twist it, spin it or fry it, the public has had enough quagmires to last a century and opinion polls show that.

Dragging the US Army into Iran will be the final chapter in a sad history of horrible mistakes.... I HOPE

[edit on 4/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

you havem`t got a clue have you? ever heard of the iraq-iran war? iraq invaded iran and was pushed out - every time , even with US help (they supported iraq)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I say good,whatever works...we need to stop them from getting into Iraq and killing people..

not much else we can do to stop them except to blow em up..sad to say

as long as one human wants to fight another we will have wars...humans need to evolve,but it's gonna take some major event to get the ball rolling.

i would thing either this must happen www.youtube.com...

or a mass alien contact of some sort

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join