It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you help aliens or not?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Look at it like a kid would. If you help people you make friends and you expand your relationships and horizon. Even if they are your mortal enemies, building an alliance with them might just save your butt, someday.

Is the risk worth dying for - for me it is. Life without risk is not life at all.

Expand the question to how you would treat those here not crashed and we would have much more to talk about.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Look at it like a kid would. If you help people you make friends and you expand your relationships and horizon. Even if they are your mortal enemies, building an alliance with them might just save your butt, someday.

Very well said, I absolutely agree with you on this.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You know in all honesty I don't know but I do think it would be dependent upon which species of alien it was. Some of them have helped us in the past and helping them would not only be like returning the favor but much like protecting family.

on the other hand. the races that experiment on us like lab rats and steal our unborn children.. well.. I would not do them further harm but I might get help in dealing with them or call the authorities and let them take care of them in that situation. I would not put my family in personal jeopardy to save a creature that is malicious in intent and would do them harm if able.

Then again knowing myself the way I do.. it is possible I might even help those that I felt were a danger to me personally if there was no way for them to harm anyone else as a result of my help.

Its just tough to say. Its a bridge you cross when you get to it. You know?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Interesting subject. Well it would depend on communication. If I could start a dialogue with the aliens I might help them. If I could not then I would ignore them and recover the craft.

The craft would be more profitable than the aliens would be. IMO, one could recover enough of the craft one might be able to reproduce or even repair enough of it to power a vehicle.

Now what would the profit be from say a power plant on an alien space ship be worth?

As for the aliens if they could communicate, that would help my decision whether or not to help them. If they could communicate with me then I could decide to help them, care for them, and try and treat their wounds.

I certanly would not give the craft over to the authorities. I would not recognise any jurisdiction any person from any agency would have over the craft or the aliens themselves.

Course in this cenerio the aliens would of course have to barter. I mean services rendered wouldnt be free after all. There of course would be a premium for lodging, shelter, protection, medical care rendered. makes you wonder if aliens would have some sort of currency in which to barter these goods and services?

Perhaps a craft would be justified payment. I mean if there was a way for them to contact others to request evacuation, I suppose then a proper trade would be in order. Their lives, freedom, and security for a small craft and instruction on how to properly use it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
But I would fully expect that they would have a plan B of their own, if crashing were a possibility and they could not summon help one would think they would carry "alien cyanide" capsules or some such thing.

If I could communicate with them I would ask if they wanted me to transport them away from the site, so they would at least evade capture by the governmentl. It would give them a chance to sort things out (that probably means die) in peace. I doubt if I would consider bringing them home, I would not want the gov tracking them(and me) down, plus I would worry they might not get along with my animals.

It would not matter to me if they were "evil or good" if they expressed a desire for my help, they would be in a bad situation and would not be likely to pose a threat, all their probes and lab equipment would be ruined by that point!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join