It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you help aliens or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'd most likely get my phone and take some pictures

No but really, I'd help the alien. I'd use sign language or at least some form of communication to get the alien to tell me how to properly communicate. I would check it's injuries and if they are extremely severe, tell it there is really no hope because I lack knowledge in the medical field.

And what would the nursing staff think if I ran into the emergency room with a grey humanoid with big eyes? I'd be taking the next van to a secret facility

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I would help to the best of my ability, including protection from Earth Authorities if it came to that and I could provide it.

However, I also would like to comment on non-verbal communication.
Regardless of the language you speak, there are certain sentiments than can be expressed non-verbally across species lines. These sentiments are universal. Emotion (not only in humans, but in most if not all creatures on Earth) is easily detectable from physical behavior.

In martial arts they teach offensive and defensive standing and sitting postitions, and they explain to you why each is so. Once you understand why the way someone is standing suggests their motives, you almost can't NOT see it.

Additionally, when I went to Conservatory years ago for Acting, we would go through exercises where we would attempt to communicate with other actors (and with our 'audience' of other students not participating on stage) without using words. It was hard at first, but after a few weeks of practice, and observing others attempt to communicate in this way, it became possible. I keep in contact with some of my friends from those days, and we are still able to communicate non-verbally. Sometimes we even do so by telephone. I'm willing to bet that many un-trained people out there are able to do this as well to a point.

At any rate, in addition to being willing to help the Alien in that scenario in any way that I could, I'd also wager that I could determine it's present needs (generally, I'm not saying I could divine it's proper mixture of breatheable gas, or guess at a food source that would be compatible with it's needs). But if it were conscious enough to try to communicate, I'm willing to bet that I could establish some form of rudimentary communcation.

-WFA

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Would you help aliens or not?

Hell no.

Originally posted by UltimateSin
I would try to kill the aliens if they were still alive. .

I wouldn't kill them. I'd subdue them and then expose them to the world.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Be good opportunity to have?
But how would you know if they were from space or created in some lab somewhere?, go by your instincts i would say,

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would help if it was friendly or non-threatening.
The same as i would help people and animals if they need it and i could.
And i wouldn't tell a soul about it until it was save !

But would you help a bear, lion or any other potentially dangerous wild animal ?
If i feel it would be a danger to me or others i would call the authorities to deal with it.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sure I would help it and then I would take it home and keep it a big secret and the alien would have an amusing name like Alf or Mork and then the alien would always be making wisecracks and getting into unlikely situations and trying to eat my cat but he'd have a heart of gold and everything would always work out right and be brought to you by the makers of Icy Hot.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If they did crash no doubt thier own would not be far behind them on a retrival mission followed closely by the Military.

I would get in there pull them out and anything else not fixed down and taken them to the nearest hospital (any treatment is better than non) then call the press and everyone else I no and make sure I made enough noise so it would be hard to cover it up.

If one was ok I would hide the entity until his own got to him first.

Makes you wonder if one did crash in a city center how would it be covered up if there was thousands of witnesses??

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The first thing I would do is take clear,motionless,focused, visually accurate photos. Then i would do a quick pocket check for cash , jewelry,
and galctic credit cards, leave the scene and make an anonymous call to the cops.

Seriously, when was the last time you pulled over to help anyone with a flat tire?

xoxoxo
Bastard Bob

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It depends...I d like to think that I would help them but the reality usually bites. I'd probably run as fast as possible (chicken chicken chicken!) and then afterwards fret about my own cowardness.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
You realise that if the Aliens do come, and those that lead your great nation (i'm assuming you're american) get a little bit trigger-happy, you've essentially just stated you're prepared to be on the front lines?

Don't forget that our species is just as capable of anally probing people as the aliens are.

I am South African
Living in my country does make the average person much more aware of your surroundings. One thing i am not and in truth i say honestly, i am totally anti violence, i loathe it. In S.Africa with the stats from violence -- murder to rape does make me totally aware how disgustingly sad human nature can be/is. So i know how "violent" humans are, worldwide.

What i did say in my first paragraph though, and i will say it again "At the time your soul would know how to approach the situation if we ever come across a downed/crashed alien ship". Until then i cannot really say how i would react, none of us really can.

Our chances in today's life by helping a perfect stranger and he turns Bundy on us is why we are cautious. No one knows what lies behind those closed doors. Now if humans whom on average are "trigger happy" and aliens are aware of this they would surely be ready to take action against us as well for the sake of their life.

Now say i have 2-8 aliens, injured who crashed nearby. Do i help them without knowing what could be lying ahead. That is only something that would be known at that precise moment. I will still stand by my say that i will carry a weapon for protection as i am sure those injured ones have a weapon, be it psychological, chemical, virus or an object. As human nature we don't go down without a fight when our lives especially our kids lives depend on it.

Someone mentioned that a certain person (think it was a man) was not probed & or a lab rat and they are harmless in that sense, great, but it could be a different specie. I am just throwing caution in the wind as to those who have claimed to have been "tortured" by aliens. If some claim they have not been touched by aliens and others claim they have, we cannot take one's side and and say all ET's are harmless, so vice versa.

Cause flesh is cruel does not make alien races the good guys. Not only could they be far more advanced but far more cruel. The more advanced humans become so the more cruel we become, what makes aliens better than us in that way? Unless we have an alien among us that could prove i am wrong i will admit i was wrong, gladly. As i don't have proof i go by what i believe imo. I would bet my life not one person would walk to a downed craft without a object of defense, even if it's a tree branch or rock.

Cheers

[edit on 5/6/2008 by qonone]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If any of them were conscious I would try to find out what I can do...

But I'd probably have panic attack after panic attack... Greys/Blues really freak me out. It would be like trying to save a giant spider, I'm arachnophobic, it wouldn't go too well. If it weren't grey/blue I would have less of a problem helping it.

It depends on the being's intent though, I would try to assess intent before I go making any radical movements. I'd try to take photos and mental descriptions of the being to report back here. If they made sound I would try to record it with a video.

It'd be good to help a bek'ti amirite? He might tell me some interesting things if I help him and gain his trust.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The situation would need more closer evaluation than simply saying yes or no

Do I think they look hostile?

I probably have a moment to reach this decision before every Gov-Satelite is focused on this area.

If they look or act hostile, leave them for the government, but grab a souvenir (or two)

If they don't look hostile, get them to safety as quick as possible, and assist them in anyway possible, even if they're but probing greys. It might give them the idea that humans do feel pain and dont like abductions (well I wouldnt)

If they're a hot nordic female, Yes.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here's a different twist: If George W Bush jet crash landed in a field near you, and he was injured/would die w/o treatment, would you do anything to save him? This is an easier one for me to answer than the alien question----aliens haven't screwed blued and tattooed me.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar

Appearances can be deceiving. What we count for looking hostile here on Earth might not be the same on Sirius.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I doubt they would need my help but I would take them home, hide them, take pictures of them with my cell phone, post on ATS and wait for someone to call the pics a hoax then post a youtube vid with me and the alien flippin a bird to the member that called it a hoax.
Just think of my avatar without the guitar.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Appearances can be deceiving. What we count for looking hostile here on Earth might not be the same on Sirius.

That's very true, even in different species native to Earth.
However I think there are some universal rules, as I attempted to describe earlier.

For example, the increase and decrease of the distance between the hypothetical Alien and the hypothetical me (or you or anyone...)

If you attempt to close the distance between you, and the Alien reacts with some message of alarm (that should read as, a loud noise, a raised appendage, an increase in apparent height or body mass...) then you can determine that your decreasing the distance between you caused that creature alarm.

The same works in reverse, if the creature attempted to close the distance between the two of you, and you (or I or anyone) said "Stop" loudly, or raised a halt sign with our hands. The Alien doesn't necessarily need to know our specific hand signal for stop, or our word for stop, to understand that our action was in response to his closing the distance. It's a universal symbol for feeling uncomfortable, that we observe in our interactions with other species here on Earth as well.

The same could be said for an increase of distance, say you surveyed the scene and started to walk away. A noise from the Alien (or physical signal) would then be in response to your leaving. In the same fashion, if the Alien sees you and attempts to flee, and you should 'Wait!', it should be able to comprehend that you are responding to it's action, even if it doesn't understand the word you used, or the appropriate words to use to respond.

Great thread by the way, really made me think. It's nice to see this thread after JediMiller's 'Would You Kill An Alien' thread. I participated in that one too, but the topic was a bit morbid. I think this thread finds a much better way of asking potentially the same question.

-WFA

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
Great thread by the way, really made me think. It's nice to see this thread after JediMiller's 'Would You Kill An Alien' thread. I participated in that one too, but the topic was a bit morbid. I think this thread finds a much better way of asking potentially the same question.

-WFA

Thank you. It's an interesting topic to discuss and it's interesting to observe the reactions here.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bumbeni
Here's a different twist: If George W Bush jet crash landed in a field near you, and he was injured/would die w/o treatment, would you do anything to save him?

I'd like to say I'd pour more fuel on the fire, toast some marshmallows

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar

It's the reason why first impressions are so important. I'd still have the souvenirs though, until MIBs steal them from me

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumbeni
Here's a different twist: If George W Bush jet crash landed in a field near you, and he was injured/would die w/o treatment, would you do anything to save him?

Yes. I would help him. No matter what he is. I choose kindness and compassion.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I understand they like strawberry ics cream and listen to Tibetan music.
I'd probably get them a gallon of Ben and Jerry's to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join