It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green flash solid huge circle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Appearntly the local news said it was a fuse that caused the poweroutage
www.kelolandtv.com I dont know for sure but my brother-in-law said he saw the news and that is what was suposed to have caused the outage. so they did not say a transformer whent out.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I would call the power company, see what they say about the specific address. I said I was a reporter for an internet news site,

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well I called the local power comp. and they said they dont have any reports of transformers haveing any propblems in my area, but check back on mon. thats kinda of weird if something went wrong wouldnt they know? I will call back on mon. If this was due to some type of electrical prob. It was still kinda of cool to see.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
was the sky cloudless blue?

or cloudy?

if so were there chemtrails?

-

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
there was a few sigting around luton & dunstable, U.K not so long ago of green disk shaped craft flying fast & low & leaving trails of some sort, there was a few articals and write ups in all the local papers... also just last week there was a multipule sigting outside a local hotel called luton hoo, of orange ufo's there was about 7 of them that split into others was traveling slow about 20mph, and there was many witnesses to this including the people staying there and scurity & staff,

green ufo's seems to be on the rise?

[EDIT]
funny this power outage thing, we had 4 power cuts in one day while the last ufos was spotted and you can check into that, im not sure it has anything to do with it, as this was about 1pm-5pm and the ufos was seen 1-2am that night but where thay was spotted i belive there is a power station if not directly where thay was spotted close to, anybody fancy investigating?
[edit on 4-5-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

[edit on 4-5-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No it was a clear stary night. no trail no sound. just it appeard in a flash and disadeared just as fast.it blows my mind I hope to figure this out soon.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
DUUUUUDE!!!! ive seen the exact same thing you are describing, along with a bunch of my friends and even a few people we bumped into later that night.

Gave most of them the chills but i just laughed

To me it looked like a roman candle that shot out of a cloud exept that it was big and very bright and the same kinda green color that you describe.

I live in Canada aswell about a few hours from Vancouver.

What really made me laugh tho was when one of my buddies screamed UFO when it happened.

What really makes me scratch my head and lock my door about it tho is after it happened my mind started racing about different things it could be right....then as i stopped to light my smoke i looked up at the mountain the thing was kind of heading towards and i swear to god i saw lights....

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My husband and I saw the exact same light as described! It was a clear starry night about 11 pm a coupla years ago. We live in Western Washington, and we saw a beautiful green flourescent type light which lasted about 2 seconds up on a foothill, about 4 miles from our house. It is national forest property with a forest full of trees, with no known roads, no electrical lines, no nothin'! The hill has trees on top, and the light was just above and partially obscured by the trees. It was pitch black on this hill, quite aways from the road, but the light was huge enough to be seen clearly by both of us. I asked my hubby, "did you see that"? He said, "yeah, what was that"? Of course, we never found out. I have always been curious about that light! We've never seen anything like it since!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ive read in some other places that people have seen things like this to from all different places.

Isnt it odd that people seem to be witnessing the same falling green objects????

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Maybe it was an electrical discharge of some sort? Maybe it produced a emp that disabled your lights.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I saw something like this as well, but it was not green but bright white. It flashed 2 times. No sounds and no movement in between the flashes and then that was it. That happen 2 day after i saw a hovering green light that then darted off into the horizon. weird...thats only been my encounters.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Funny you mention a green light... I used to live in a smaller town called McCall up in the Idaho Rockies... And not once, but twice I saw a green flash of light... One time I was by myself and the other I was with a friend... It seemed both times as if it lit up the entire cloud cover, but was centralized... The first time I saw the central location, the second time I only saw the flash, my friend saw this as well... We were both a little confused because it was during the dusk hours... Still pretty light out and you could see if very clearly...

Also a friend who lived out in the country part of the county claimed to have seen a green light come through the clouds and scan the ground... He said the clouds opened up and a green beam of light shot down and scanned a small portion of his pasture, then it disappeared and about 5 miles away he saw the beam of light do the same thing.. He said it did it about 5 or 6 times always a little further away...

But it's the green light I found interesting... Maybe what I saw, my friend saw and my buddies dad saw are all the same ship as what you saw? Oh and as for what it is, for now it's a UFO...

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
thank you for input. I just cant seem to figure this out. ya beleive me it would be nice if it was due to some electrical prob. but, until I find out it will have me on the edge. I did not sleep well quite restless. A part of says I wish I could see this thing again to get a real look or maybe even a photo
but the other side of me says no way. I would put this of as a trans former but I have been watching and looking at the videos you guys all posted but heres the sad part they are no compareison to what I wittnessed, the thing I saw was huge. and to close for comfert. The reason I am uneasy is I tend to get uneasy when I am apporched with some thing unknown. I,m going to call the electric comp. today again and see if any thing did happen because they said they did not have any report yet. and I will also call that guy that was posted early on in the post. What are the chances of finding out what this realy was? But if all the logical explinations get eliminated. Then it realy is an unidentifyed flying object.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We had a sighting just like this reported to UFOBC back in February. This was seen over an area just to the southwest of downtown Vancouver, BC.
greensphereoverVancouver
I was interested to read another person mention a similar sighting from north of Vancouver.

The only possible conventional explanations I could think of are a flare and laser. A flare seems unlikely as it does not have the "solid circle" edge. A laser might be more logical as far as producing a solid edge, but it has to reflect off something - like a wall of mist.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Perhaps it was just a case of ball lightning?

Ball lightning 1

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Perhaps it was just a case of ball lightning?

Ball lightning 1

I ruled out Ball Lightening (in my opinion) prior to my first post on this thread because the OP said, "it only lasted about 2sec" and as the Wiki link you mentioned says, "It is sometimes associated with thunderstorms, but unlike lightning flashes, which last only a fraction of a second, ball lightning reportedly lasts many seconds."

I had decided many seconds was greater than 2 seconds.

Further, the GREEN color made me think it wasn't ball lightning.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

many seconds to me is any number above 1. Thats because im a little slow though.

Ball lightning can have a greenish hue to it.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

That is unbeleivable! I checked the site out it is down right freaky as we used the same kinda of description words and also the pic is a good example but I only got the veiw of about half of it I suppose. Thank you I am not crazy after all (LOL)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I thought I was crazy when I saw a green light as well. I was stopped at an intersection, and looked over at an old orange grove here in fla, saw this green light pulsating, then it shot off leaving a bit of a green trail off into the distance, then it was gone. Thought it might have been the green light reflecting off of my windshield, but I have tried to re-create this event several times, never looked like what I saw. Kind of resembles the back to the future scene when the delorian took off it left a trail of fire, and the trail followed it's final position. Glad to see someone else saw a green light, thought all UFO's were white glowing lights.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think we can definately rule out a blown transformer. A few years ago a transformer blew just down the street from where I worked. I didn't see it, but it was LOUD.

Originally posted by bluestreak53
greensphereoverVancouver

Fascinating. An identical account in every meaningful respect. It doesn't seem to match any desciptions of ball lightening that I've ever read, which are described as being much smaller and more energetic.

I'm stumped.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join