It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green flash solid huge circle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was driving home around 12:30am when all of a sudden I looked up at at the very moment a extremly large were talking bigger then an Apt. complex ! Flash of Green light solid Green no streaks like lightning just round huge and was about the color of a stoplight. I only could see about half of what ever it was because buildings were in the way and I could not tell where it was coming from it only lasted about 2sec. No sound or movement just flash and gone. The lights inside of my vehical whent out but, it still was runing and a freind of mine experanced a power outage around the same time shes about five miles away but yet I still had power where this happened.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dasioux777

I'll bite. Give me the zip code of your friend who lost power. If I can confirm that, I will be back!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS friend!
Your story is very interesting! Tell me when you saw that huge green light did you see what was causing or emitting that light? For how long did you lose the light in your car? Did you see this light while you're driving? Or did you stop at some point and saw the light?
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions… just curious I guess

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
YA OK ,I beleive the Zip code 57103 . And it happened accutualy this morning on 05/04/08 around 12:30am. I was comming from my freinds house and I was 1block from my house, stopped at a stop light. That is when I saw it. Bigger then life I could not even believe what I was seeing it took my brain a moment to regester this right man.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

dasioux777, welcome to ATS

May i ask you to make a drawing, no need to do a masterpiece, just a drawing that may help me to have a visual idea about what you saw?

And what were the weather conditions?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sorry I have to post again I couldnt rember all the ?s you had. The lights were just my interier lights and I havent checked them since they whent out l this morrning but they did not work after words maybe thats a cowincidence (Bad speller lol) and as for the source it seemed to be the source it self? I only saw it for a very sort time. No sound No movement it was just there and then gone, beilve me I looked aroud to see if I could locate it. Man it is times like this when you wish you had a camera ready.then at least someone could say what it is verses wondering. the only thing I could compare it to is a ball Im sorry about not being very good at describing it. well I geuss it would be closer to a hot air balloon rising up from behind something.as I just saw half of it. If you now what this or could possibly be let me know.Thanks.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
well the weather was clear and you could see the stars. very nice night. as for a drawing how would I do that and post it? I'm not computer savy.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If you have a scanner, you can make a drawing, scan it, save the scan in .jpg format and upload it here:
imageshack.us...
once you've uploaded it, copy the link which will be generated, and paste it here.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've put in an inquiry with the local power company. I will be back at noon or so to follow up with this.....

Okay, so I got in contact with Northern States Power company. It seems that there was a power surge around the time in question. Without an exact address, I cannot do better than that. They directed further questions to Jim Clark; media relations (605-339-8359)

So is there more to this yet?

[edit on 4-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I just wanted to add, that when I first did my search, using zip code and the words "power company", the very first ping is actually about the power needed for the stephensville craft. How WIERD is that?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am going to take a picture of the area and from the direction I was comming from I tryed to draw it but it just isnt right I will include it though or at least try to OK. It was so big and fast I was looking towards the building when it happened that is how I knew part was hidden I'm not sure if it was hidden by that building or the three apt. complexes behind that building so what I'm saying is I dont know where the other side of it was? I wish it happened for just a bit longer.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
one more thing the freind that was in that zip code I called her right after it happened and she told me about the power outage and she also said her cell phone had no service for just a short bit.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hi dasioux777 and welcome to ATS. Thanks for bringing your story here. There are some very intelligent members here that will hopefully help you figure out what you saw. It sounds fascinating. I am going to star and flag this to watch it's progression. I have to ask, I'm sure somebody will, is there any possibility that this could have been firework(s) obscured by the buildings so that all you saw was the light that was emitted?

Enjoy your time here and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Rush

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Power surge tells me a transformer may have blown. I found two pictures of transformer blowouts on the web ... one green and one blue solid circle as you described.

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

s7.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
NO it is bigger and solid. I geuss it could be compared to a gigantic Green stop light light up . I dont know anything about air crafts or anything. but I do know what I saw wasnt right man. concidering I live right in the area I saw it. Makes me a little uncomfertable though. I hope theres a logical reason for this. I dont know of none just yet.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ok the pics helped a little bit , but one qeustion I wounder how big it was in the pic, the one I saw was huge. and if it is a transformer wouldnt my electricity have gone out?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Call the number I posted. I have a doctors appointment now, but will call when I get back if you haven't.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I called the number all we can do is leave a message. the guy will be back on tues. Is this number the power company gave you? I will try again but they probably will think I am just crazy.(lol)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
if you can give an approximate location (street address) you were at it should be pretty easy to find out if a transformer within sight blew.

other than a bum transformer, any ideas? sounds like it, potentially, took out electronics connected to the grid as well as ones not connected to the grid. what other than an EMP can do that?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretGoldfish

18th and sycamore sioux falls sd

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join