It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shards of the Illuminati

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981
I just wanted to revisit something that I had posted some time ago than nobody really ever paid much attention to and add anther scenario to it (maybe I'll have better luck this time)?

I can't remember which page Maban had brought this topic to light on so I'll give it a go based on memory.

I remember him saying that this "NIA" had been working on groups of "superhuman soldiers" and that the Shards were tracking and destroying the locations where these experiments were taking place.

I also remember him saying that the Shards and Remnants used Hollywood to spread their "propaganda" (if you will).

I bring this up because I was watching "Max Payne" last night and it struck me as being a bit funny due to the similarities in the plot of the movie and Maban's version. Not an exact match yet very similar. Any thoughts.?

To add to this I have recently seen the movie Knowing (starring: Nicolas cage) and there are also issues in that movie of which I find similarities to Mabans claims of connection to (extra terrestrial rescue or involvement in the least). Sory if I spoil the movie for anyone.

I'm just wondering if there are any of you that see the parallels that I see> Quite frankly I found myself to be very much at peace (only because I felt it to be true) with Maban's statement that Hollywood and was used as outlets (by both sides) to broach subject matter (paraphrasing). I have always felt that you could see what was in store if you could read into some of the shows and movies, you just have to be able to discern between whats relevant and what's not.

So I ask again does anyone have an opinion????

[edit on 8-4-2009 by lazy1981]

I was watching youtube videos and came across a series of rock and roll music, etc. and somewhere (would have to find the exact spot) it was said that Hollyood was CHOSEN by the elite to set up shop - that "Holy" Wood wasn't an accident. These guys (illuminati/NIA/NSA-all the lost souls thriving on the destruction of others), have been here for thousands of years because what we "see" we "imitate". So they feed us heros and villains and disasters and police state movies as entertainment all the while we're just being lulled and conditioned to REMAIN asleep as most of us aren't even remotely awake. I'm amazed how many people still think this NWO stuff is recent - its ANCIENT. It is their way of existance - the meek inherit the earth? Nope. Will be devoured by lions, or in this case dragons/reptilians. Taking out NSA/NIA (same thing to me) nests would be awesome - but its like putting out little fires when they're all exploding at once on every front. We are SO HAD! They don't care about life or freedom, they rely on the methodology that has worked for dare I say millions of years - we just happen to be their target now because they don't like us (humans).

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I had to get my DL renewed yesterday and they made me give two fingerprints, one from each hand. They wanted the thumb of my left hand and the index of my right; I questioned as to why but the girl was maybe 25 and clueless. Anyway, as I am waiting for the processing, another customer is being fingerprinted, and oddly, the employee asked for the index of both hands (no thumb print for this person). This is all being done as the employee is seemingly being guided from some entity on her computer, telling her which prints to get from us.

Soooo, now even if you have never committed a crime, they have your finger prints.

Here is a video I came across today that really explains it. Next time I go to get a license they are going to take dna. This time they took my digital signature, photo of course (w/o my glasses, glasses no longer allowed), and fingerprints from BOTH hands. Can you say "push is coming to shove?"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Very well put.

It is my opinion that if the NWO isn't a Cabal then it is an idea held by many prominent people. This is why I hold the point of view that no free people (American or otherwise) can let even the slightest freedom get trampled. Or allow any injustice to live long in their presence. Or else it "will" become an insurmountable mountain that will take a long time and much suffering to overcome.

To some my stance on many of these issues (like a trivial fingerprint for a licence) is very hard for a reason. And now everyone knows why.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

Personally I don't feel that the NWO is a new thing. I just think that the idea of it, to the general population and the tightly woven community of power brokers that we see (or are allowed to see) is a new development. In the past it was kings and queens. Complete control has always been the goal.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Yeah, the Real I.D. has been an issue for a while.

I'm a little torn on this issue because it could help with border security and immigration issues. However, in the long run I fall on the "fence" side of the fence. Just do things the old fashioned way. There are people out there that say it's illegal to take biometrics from "criminals" that have had their day in court, and now we are supposed to surrender this info as law abiding citizens!????? It's an outrage.

I think it's a precursor to the chip. just my opinion.

I cant believe that I forgot to log off yesterday.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by lazy1981]

[edit on 10-4-2009 by lazy1981]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

Personally I don't feel that the NWO is a new thing. I just think that the idea of it, to the general population and the tightly woven community of power brokers that we see (or are allowed to see) is a new development. In the past it was kings and queens. Complete control has always been the goal.

I personally think that the NWO will never be seen. They will never people the people on t.v.'s and you will never know there names as well. They are in the backstage of society but have there hand in the power and control of everything. They use others and show people who we may think are members of the NWO, but if they really are as powerful as we make them out to be then I'm sure they wouldn't want to be known of.

They watch and observe us and make their moves from there. The best place to hide is in the shadows watching and manipulating the causes and events of the world as it goes through time.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Because one tries does not mean one's conceptualization is accurate but may at best be a working model and the true nature may only be approachable asymptotically.

…So, it is a matter of perspective or is it a matter of experience? For you personally or generally, whichever you feel best able to answer, I have no wish to pry too far into your inner workings, or certainly no further than you wish me to.

Quite honestly, I do not know. A model is a representation that gets refined as understanding increases. What worked earlier may no longer work due to new data showing unaccounted-for phenomena or better measurement revealing irreconcilable discrepancies.

I think, you are saying is that the void is representative of the point before beginning. For a convenient example, the point before the LHC was switched on in ‘our’ universe or possibly the point at which the finger is poised over the switch…the point between conceptualisation and actualisation. Maybe?

I am not sure that I'm saying it's a "before" or "after" since simultaneity is relative. The beginning and end can be the same point and it's a matter of frame of reference. The radius of the circle may be so large that the points appear very far apart but are in fact the very same one.

In all honesty I do not overly interest myself in the great unanswerables, I am agnostic through choice and a realisation that there are infinite possibilities, which is perhaps why the void doesn’t ‘work’ for me. Also, I was thinking of the Lumen ad-thingy and particularly the association I felt with the ‘cosmic egg’.

Perhaps they are unanswerable but not unknowable?

I struggle to see a void when for me all life/existence/awareness constitutes a continuity, an unending cycle. The void though would denote a beginning. Does there need to be a beginning? Thinking of the snake with it’s tail in it’s mouth. Could the void be a mental manifestation of our ‘need’ for a beginning?

There seem to be apparently conflicting perspectives but may merely be a matter of chosen vocabulary and modelling idiosyncrasies. Bhuddhism talks about seeing past the illusion of form ("form is void"), of "death of the ego". Others refer to it as what is "unmanifest" and thus God is greater in the unmanifest. Realising the "I am" (true self which is timeless and infinite) vs. "Me" (that with attributes and temporary).

That said, I have spoken to people about this, which combined with your thoughts on the matter, suggest to me that there is at the very least a sense of void and that this void can be met and experienced.

I think it is experienced in the inward and outward motion as opposed to something experienced directly and statically. Atmospheric pressure generally isn't experienced as meaningful information to us subjectively but fluctuating denseifications and rareifications of the medium can be heard as a symphony.

Hmm…perhaps it is like when your mind goes blank the moment before you have an idea…that moment of mental stillness as you feel the composite parts come together out of your memory…do you feel ‘promise’ in the void? Is it a pregnant pause?

Perhaps this has a connection but you've left it once the coming together is set in motion.

Recall in graphing the open point that the domain and/or range of a function does not assume but it assumes values infinitesimally nearby.

There is a British physicist, name and institution elude me, who has developed a theory of time as granular.

This sounds familiar but it may only be because of "Planck time"-- the time it takes light to travel, in a perfect vacuum, one Planck length.

We are reaching a point, intellectually and spiritually, as a species, where we know all we need to know about the pebbles and we can now concentrate on the oceans of truth. Firmly I believe that the answers to those questions can only be found through internal expansion, but, for me what is required is that we also share those internal explorations.

Truely the "final frontier" is not "out there". Perhaps Newton was also commenting on being impelled by the conditions of the times to focus on a certain type and method of knowing. He was an alchemist and occultist afterall.

www.alchemylab.com...
I sought something on Google to back up my above guess.

...I do, I believe that organisations or institutions which keep knowledge and self-discovery within those bounds are detrimental to our development. Secrecy was a necessity, I don’t think it is any more and though I respect the wish of others to join such groups, I think that there is a need to update those systems to make them more inclusive.

Excessive observence of tradition and holding onto old ways is likely to be more detrimental to the societies than the population at large at this point. However, I think essential information that assists one's quest cannot remain hidden but having that material readily available can be a great aid.

One phenomenon I have observed is that for those not ready to receive a teaching, it appears to be incomprehensible gibberish anyway and thus its essential message is hidden from view. I have experienced that many times but I will revisit it at a later time and often find it more meaningful. Repeated study can reveal successively deeper level of meaning as one grows into greater capacities.

And, personally, I think only through gender interaction (as a clear example) can we achieve a full awareness of all that ‘is’.

If 'is' refers to 'what is manifest' the possibilities of what may be require the greatest exploration, the achievement itself of which you speak is but a subset. What 'is' is school, what 'may be' is application.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

As I progress further down the road one thing that is become increasingly apparent is that any learning of "truth" or "light" or "gnosis" is not something I will be able to read about, see or hear.

Perhaps my view will change as it has many times but I still believe all can be, and will be, answered. But it will not be in words or pictures, it will be through an experience (or forgive the cliche') an 'epiphany'.

I also believe this is why so many people mistrust others who claim to have 'knowledge' or 'secrets' they can't reveal. They misunderstand that "can't reveal" means physically/mentally/emotionally UNABLE to reveal, not a refusal.

There are those on this board who have visited Shambalah, who have experienced Paradise, who have experienced Light.

There are people among us who know undeniably where we came from, why we are here and what will happen to us. They are not the ones screaming urgently from the mountaintops because they know the mountaintops are not real and the screams will not be heard.

We don't need to know where the bus is going in order to take the trip. In fact we cannot know. All we can do is get on board, greet the other passengers in true love as brothers and sisters and do our best to make sure the ride is as good as it can be for each other.

I am sorry for waxing philosophical (again). I apparently have a character quota to meet! :-)

I don't know the entire truth. Most of us never will. I do know the tiny fragment that has been exposed to me though and it is almost too much to consider for a physical human mind.

What I do know is this -

Despite the physical darkness and pain the human organism is experiencing at this time and place in the universe there is an indescribable, incomprehensible existence awaiting us. It is joy and peace and light and happiness and love and healing.

The darkness is temporary. The Light is eternal and it is for ALL OF US. It is inescapable. And I honestly don't believe it cares what name, sex, gender or number we assign to it. Those are human constructs.

We've got a long ride folks, I hope you brought your iPod! And I hope this thread has inspired people to read and learn and experience and hope, because that is the course that will get you to the time in your life when you are sitting alone in the cold and darkness and Light throws the door open and kicks you in the face so hard that it just blows you away and even for a fraction of a second you can say, "I get it! It all makes sense!"

Read, study, learn, question, debate, laugh and love.

Rejoice in the knowledge that the NWO is a human creation, and even thought it repress you it cannot hold your soul.

Rejoice in the fact that the Church is a human institution that can neither withhold Light nor decide to whom it is distributed.

Relish the realization that governments are temporal illusions that may strip your human comforts but that have no power over your spirit.

The truth is for everyone. The Light is for us all.

Thank you for the indulgence... I will now put my tin-foil helmet back on and resume conspiriatizing.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

As I progress further down the road one thing that is become increasingly apparent is that any learning of "truth" or "light" or "gnosis" is not something I will be able to read about, see or hear.

I'll give a trivial example that has the same elements but in a different degree. Knowing 2+2=4 can be read about and even demonstrated but it is incumbant upon the student to know this and feel the truth of it.

I also believe this is why so many people mistrust others who claim to have 'knowledge' or 'secrets' they can't reveal. They misunderstand that "can't reveal" means physically/mentally/emotionally UNABLE to reveal, not a refusal.

My response in most cases is not that 'I cannot reveal' something but rather to state that I do not know how to reveal it. In more extreme cases I will state that I feel a discomfort in doing so or I will make hints. In the most extreme, it will simply not be mentioned in any way. What keeps me at peace with myself is that I know that I am deciding of my own freewill and not by any oaths, whatever barriers may exist be they conscience, verbal, etc. Outside my personal privacy, I do not really wish to withhold anything. I do what I can or perhaps what I feel I must by some strange, higher covenant.

There are those on this board who have visited Shambalah, who have experienced Paradise, who have experienced Light.

There are people among us who know undeniably where we came from, why we are here and what will happen to us. They are not the ones screaming urgently from the mountaintops because they know the mountaintops are not real and the screams will not be heard.

We don't need to know where the bus is going in order to take the trip. In fact we cannot know. All we can do is get on board, greet the other passengers in true love as brothers and sisters and do our best to make sure the ride is as good as it can be for each other.

It helps others to share hints and markers to guide others up the (unreal) mountain. Additionally, I feel in my case there were realizations that I had years prior and later when someone described something, even if imprecisely in a book, helped bring some organization and comprehensibility to what was a little more chaotic in my mind. It also can help open the door a little more widely to further progress.

I am sorry for waxing philosophical (again). I apparently have a character quota to meet! :-)

Hey, NP. I've enjoyed it thus far. And yeah, that quota thing...urgh. I have already complained quite a bit in SO's thread.

I don't know the entire truth. Most of us never will. I do know the tiny fragment that has been exposed to me though and it is almost too much to consider for a physical human mind.

Well, I'm, as they say, all ears so if you have anything that can be verbalized in some way...

My own internal formulation of consciousness is:

1) Something I do not know how to reveal even though it is 'logical'. I have tried, with no success in the past. Either I am preempted or get a glassy-eyed stare. Maban would not even address it in U2U and would deflect the topic. Falter or not, I'll try anyway if anyone shows interest.

2) Something I know transcends materialist reductionism by an astronomical unit at least. The view has problems that are obvious but I've not heard or read any philosophical considerations of certain issues.

Thus, I'm quite sure my 'physical mind' isn't all that would be employed in the considerations.

Despite the physical darkness and pain the human organism is experiencing at this time and place in the universe there is an indescribable, incomprehensible existence awaiting us. It is joy and peace and light and happiness and love and healing.

This does resonate with me as true.

The darkness is temporary. The Light is eternal and it is for ALL OF US. It is inescapable.

Yes, the light in the slightest amount overpowers the darkness for in any light isn't truely darkness. Depending on the 'path', the light can annihilate or illuminate.

And I honestly don't believe it cares what name, sex, gender or number we assign to it. Those are human constructs.

No, it never gave me the impression that it values the divisions. They're rather contrary to the nature as it is.

And I hope this thread has inspired people to read and learn and experience and hope, because that is the course that will get you to the time in your life when you are sitting alone in the cold and darkness and Light throws the door open and kicks you in the face so hard that it just blows you away and even for a fraction of a second you can say, "I get it! It all makes sense!"

It has happened where I cannot retain an understanding of certain things but for a brief moment while in some alternate mind state such as being in a hypnogogic state. 'I get it' has a way of kicking you back out into the street, at least for some forms of knowing. And some forms of reaching give one the impression that they are about to disappear but the physical and mental pain can compel retreat. Note that I am not implying some kind of pain ritual, it is just the mental process.

In all I just wrote, I hope at least something made sense. Thank you for making me try at least.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I only wish when those *moments* happen that I could hold on to them for more than just a brief period.

In thinking back I also realized that I probably have read a lot of things that didn't make sense to me, but then later experienced a moment that brought them into context and it was comforting.

In my mind I think we are all spiritual beings that existed long before our material-physical incarnation. I think we chose to temporarily give up everything we knew about the universe in exchange for experiencing human existence, to learn about pain and suffering and to truly understand how to love unconditionally.

Whenever our material existence ends I think we are transformed back into our immortal, or spiritual state, and our universal knowledge is restored so that we can understand our human experience and progress spiritually.

I have always been attracted to the Robinson Crusoe, Swiss Family Robinson, Lord of the Pigs genre of fiction. It kind of resonates with me how people would act and exist if every comfort and convenience were stripped away and they had to start with nothing.

There still is no comfort or reconciliation for the horrors of this world or for those who face pain, disease and death. The only 'logical' conclusion I can conceive is that evil is the price of free will.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

They use others and show people who we may think are members of the NWO, but if they really are as powerful as we make them out to be then I'm sure they wouldn't want to be known of.

I think that if they do indeed show themselves they are showing their underlings. People that are of little consequence to them, we see people like US Presidents and Monarchs as being head honchos when they are most probably pawns in that world. They seem to be giants to regular people like us but they are pee ons to the real people of power.

The best place to hide is in the shadows watching and manipulating the causes and events of the world as it goes through time.
You may be correct, but I think that they may possibly go with the idea that the best place to hide something is in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I didn't wish to turn this thread into a chatroom so I started a thread with what I had mentioned about consciousness in my previous post. At least the matter helped to earn me a 'surreal' plaque of honor in Maban's book.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What did Maban think about your hypothesis? Did it correlate with his beliefs?

it's interesting to say the least...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There still is no comfort or reconciliation for the horrors of this world or for those who face pain, disease and death. The only 'logical' conclusion I can conceive is that evil is the price of free will.

No, I don't believe that at all - 'we' don't have free will, only the illusion of it. And I also believe if people (as in humans here on earth) were left alone without all the interference we would choose peace and cooperation over war. We're trained to think the way we do, that we're responsible for all this mess - we're not - we can only be responsible for what we do ourselves.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund

No, I don't believe that at all - 'we' don't have free will, only the illusion of it.

Funny, I see it the other way around, that our lack of 'free will' is the illusion, but then I suppose it depends on what you consider 'free'.

And I also believe if people (as in humans here on earth) were left alone without all the interference we would choose peace and cooperation over war. We're trained to think the way we do, that we're responsible for all this mess - we're not - we can only be responsible for what we do ourselves.

We are responsible for all the mess, simply because we choose not to be responsible and act responsibly. Our species has committed the atrocities, the persecution and the subjugation. On each other! We keep the banks in business by banking with them, we keep people in low paid poverty because we buy the cheap goods, we accept corrupt politicians because we don't stand up and shout 'foul'.

It is all our fault, they are nothing without us but we can survive just as well without them, if not better, we just have to get over the need for those Jimmy Choo's, the new car or the house in a 'desirable' neighbourhood. We use the excuse that we lack free will to make us feel better, to abrogate our responsibility, to make us feel good when we surround ourselves with pointless shiny things. A choice to do nothing is still a choice. The joke is that we work and pay for our own bribes and soma. Who'd want to admit to being that stupid? Better to say we are brainwashed bubs without the free will to know when to tie our own shoe laces.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thought this might be of interest to someone.

Source www.geocities.com...

"During the time when the walls of Montsegur were still standing, the Cathars kept the Holy Grail there. Montsegur was in danger. The armies of Lucifer had besieged it. They wanted the Grail, to restore it to their Prince's diadem from which it had fallen during the fall of his angels. Then, at the most critical moment, there came down from heaven a white dove, which, with its beak, split Tabor [Montsegur] in two. Esclarmonde, who was keeper of the Grail, threw the sacred jewel into the depths of the mountain. The mountain closed up again, and in this manner was the Grail saved. When the devils entered the fortress, they were too late. Enraged, they put to death by fire all of the Pures, not far from the rock on which the castle stands in the Field of the Stake. All of the Pures perished on the pyre except Esclarmonde de Foix. When she knew the Grail to be safe, she climbed to the summit of Mount Tabor, changed into a white dove and flew off toward the mountains of Asia."
NB When I asked Maban about Montsegur he said he was sorry but couldn’t discuss matter? I got the distinct reason that he felt that it was connected to whatever he stated he was involved in.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I just wanted to revisit something that I had posted some time ago than nobody really ever paid much attention to and add anther scenario to it (maybe I'll have better luck this time)?

I can't remember which page Maban had brought this topic to light on so I'll give it a go based on memory.

I remember him saying that this "NIA" had been working on groups of "superhuman soldiers" and that the Shards were tracking and destroying the locations where these experiments were taking place.

I also remember him saying that the Shards and Remnants used Hollywood to spread their "propaganda" (if you will).

I bring this up because I was watching "Max Payne" last night and it struck me as being a bit funny due to the similarities in the plot of the movie and Maban's version. Not an exact match yet very similar. Any thoughts.?

To add to this I have recently seen the movie Knowing (starring: Nicolas cage) and there are also issues in that movie of which I find similarities to Mabans claims of connection to (extra terrestrial rescue or involvement in the least). Sory if I spoil the movie for anyone.

I'm just wondering if there are any of you that see the parallels that I see> Quite frankly I found myself to be very much at peace (only because I felt it to be true) with Maban's statement that Hollywood and was used as outlets (by both sides) to broach subject matter (paraphrasing). I have always felt that you could see what was in store if you could read into some of the shows and movies, you just have to be able to discern between whats relevant and what's not.

So I ask again does anyone have an opinion????

[edit on 8-4-2009 by lazy1981]

I was watching youtube videos and came across a series of rock and roll music, etc. and somewhere (would have to find the exact spot) it was said that Hollyood was CHOSEN by the elite to set up shop - that "Holy" Wood wasn't an accident. These guys (illuminati/NIA/NSA-all the lost souls thriving on the destruction of others), have been here for thousands of years because what we "see" we "imitate". So they feed us heros and villains and disasters and police state movies as entertainment all the while we're just being lulled and conditioned to REMAIN asleep as most of us aren't even remotely awake. I'm amazed how many people still think this NWO stuff is recent - its ANCIENT. It is their way of existance - the meek inherit the earth? Nope. Will be devoured by lions, or in this case dragons/reptilians. Taking out NSA/NIA (same thing to me) nests would be awesome - but its like putting out little fires when they're all exploding at once on every front. We are SO HAD! They don't care about life or freedom, they rely on the methodology that has worked for dare I say millions of years - we just happen to be their target now because they don't like us (humans).

I totally second what youre saying, the notion of a 'One World Government' is definitely Ancient. It didnt come from the human race. Im pretty sure we all know where it came from.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

What did Maban think about your hypothesis? Did it correlate with his beliefs?

it's interesting to say the least...

He held more strictly materialistic views than I. I only presented him the key of reversing time and stated that I had a way of understanding reincarnation without the usual religious overtones-- only two of the items mentioned in my thread.

Overall he considered our worldviews to be a "near hit" mainly diverging at the point where I would attempt to engage him in abstruse abstraction.
In other words, communication was difficult if I had to communicate in thought experiments rather than factual-sounding prose.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I wish I had applied myself in math class more.

This video just came out yesterday, from this brilliant mathematician who lives in Israel. He continues to make these connections with freemasonry, illuminati, pyramids, etc.

However the most recent post to the video challenges his numbers. I wonder if there are any math whizzes out there who can corraborate the video producer's numbers?

www.youtube.com...

If he is correct, then I would venture to say he is also correct in his guess that the 7 year period the Bible speaks of starts in 2009.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Obvious explanation for circle connections and pi. They used a piece of rope to draw a circle in order to obtain the base. They may not have fully realised the mathematical relevance of this.
As far as inches go i always thought they used the royal cubit as a measurement so not sure about that one.
The Platonic Great year is 50.3 secs of arc per year. 1 degree every 71.57 years. therefore 360 degrees = 25765.2 years. Or the time it takes for one full equinoctial precession. The trouble is the rate of change can vary over time so it is an approximation.
The other measurement which is based on a 360 day year is the mayan great cycle which is probably the same as the ancient Hebrew and Egyptian great cycle.
360 days =Atun
20 atun =katun or 7200 days
20 katun =baktun or 144000 days
13 baktun=1872000 days which is 5125 of our years.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join