It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shards of the Illuminati

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Also... (and this is purely tongue in cheek)

Did you guys notice some of the 'sweeteners' in the Economic Bailout (sorry.... Economic Lifeboat) plan that passed the Senate last night?

Tax breaks for -

1 - Wool

2 - Rum

3 - Little wooden arrows

You guys can keep your shelter/water/warmth ideology, my survival package is now completely TAX-DEDUCTIBLE!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Showing your true flair for anarchy?

Do I have a flair for anarchy? Highly unlikely, but awfully nice of you to think so. I believe in leadership. I think that disqualifies me from anarchism.

You are basically saying that Shards are (at least partially) responsible, through their good intentions and stabilization efforts, for perpetuating the vile dross infecting the planet, are you not?

What I think I am trying to say is that it seems to me that the Shards are simply part of the same machine. I can't remove their actions from the actions of the 'opposition' and I can't see how the benefits are equally distributed amongst people's. I'm perhaps curious as to whether what is accomplished is really worth the effort, that sort of thing.

I think that we all play a part in perpetuating the 'vile dross infecting the planet', some simply play a bigger part than others. I'm not inclined to throw stones at this juncture.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Maban,

While you state you counterbalance "negative" events, I have to ask the complementary question: Would your group counter a highly positive shift in events in order to maintain stability?

Additionally, would you engage in any activity in order to retard the progress of any particular individuals who have advanced too much?

[edit on 10/2/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Originally posted by emsed1
What is the 'worst case scenario' as far as the world goes based on your beliefs? Would it be economic, pandemic or war-related, or something completely different?

Essentially all the above. There is one "worst case scenario," but I am not at liberty to discuss it given that I would have to divulge certain information.

My apologies.

- Maban

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

While you state you counterbalance "negative" events, I have to ask the complementary question: Would your group counter a highly positive shift in events in order to maintain stability?

No. If humanity naturally advances towards a better standard of living/state of being we have no right to infringe upon that.

Additionally, would you engage in any activity in order to retard the progress of any particular individuals who have advanced too much?

Possibly. If individuals gain too much power and unwisely wield it we may deem it necessary to intervene.

- Maban

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Any whom wish to ask further questions may do so within the next 24 hours from this post's date. Thereafter I will be permanently leaving ATS.

No inquires about the state or rationale behind my departure will be reciprocated.

- Maban

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Maban,

I am sorry to hear that. No, I will not ask why. I just wish to say it has been very interesting, enjoyable and informative and I wish you the best. You will be dearly missed. God bless.

-EU

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It has certainly been interesting, Illuminon. Thank you much for everything. But unless you're also leaving the entire internet permanently; then we'll meet again.

I have no further questions, your honour.

Good luck...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thank you Maban for all that you have shared. I hope you are able to return.

Do you have any final advice for us?

Will you ever come back?

Best wishes to you!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If not too late:

1. Is occurence of humanity a result of intervention?

2. Can you confirm the existance of inorganic beings that populate earth?

3. If so, do these beings farm human beings for energy/awareness in much the same way we farm animals?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maban,

Perhaps you can find a way to stay with us, not as an Illuminon, but as a friend and fellow ATS-er. Whatever your duties, training and adventures have taught you, the sum of it is a welcome addition to this community and as such, an invaluable asset to us all.

You have an enlightened heart and maintain that outlook in the face of tremendous opposition-- a rare gem on planet earth.

Regards,
EU

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Maban,

Perhaps you can find a way to stay with us, not as an Illuminon, but as a friend and fellow ATS-er. Whatever your duties, training and adventures have taught you, the sum of it is a welcome addition to this community and as such, an invaluable asset to us all.

I agree.

What of it, Maban? Can you no longer visit this realm in an "unofficial" capacity?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Originally posted by emsed1
Do you have any final advice for us?

Remember that compassion and love even in the face of death and suffering, is always the better choice.

Will you ever come back?

No. My work is done.

Best wishes to you!

And to you, all.

- Maban

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Maban]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
1. Is occurrence of humanity a result of intervention?

Possibly, possibly not. I think no matter how intelligent nor wise humanity becomes in the next several billion years, we will never find an answer to that question.

2. Can you confirm the existence of inorganic beings that populate earth?

To my knowledge AI has not yet been fully born, but we are on the cusp of creating it. But fear not, we are ensuring that when we are successful it is a soft takeoff.

- Maban

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I am afraid our dialogue is nearing an end. Beyond tonight I will no longer wish nor be able to converse with you all. This is a finite end.

- Maban

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maban

I am afraid our dialogue is nearing an end. Beyond tonight I will no longer wish nor be able to converse with you all.

I see.

This is a finite end.

And an infinite shame.

Indeed.

You will be missed, strange and brilliant character. Again, I wish you luck.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is a finite end.

- Maban

Goodbye, friend. All good things...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

REMEMBER:

It needn't be such a struggle...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
As Mahatma Gandhi said:

We must be the change we we wish to see in the world.

For tomorrow has yet to be written, and its first drafts will be made in our hearts and minds; through our caring actions.

Farewell all.

~ Maban

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

As Mahatma Gandhi said:

We must be the change we we wish to see in the world.

A last word, post partum, but you took me unawares and I was lost for words. I am sure you'll be watching though, so no loss. I am still lost for words, so I will use the eloquence of others.

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

People, people.

Remember the Levellers.

The Levellers were members of a mid 17th century English political movement, who came to prominence during the English Civil Wars. They were not a political party in the modern sense of the word, and did not all conform to any specific manifesto. Nevertheless, they are remembered for their beliefs in popular sovereignty, an extended franchise, equality before the law, and religious toleration, all of which were expressed in the Agreement of the People. They were also pioneers in the use of petitions and pamphleteering to political ends. [1] [2]

In 1649, Lieutenant-Colonel John Lilburne, William Walwyn, Thomas Prince, and Richard Overton were imprisoned in the Tower of London by the Council of State (see above). It was while the leaders of the Levellers were being held in the Tower that they wrote an outline of the reforms the Levellers wanted, in a pamphlet entitled An Agreement Of The Free People Of England (written on May 1, 1649). It includes reforms that have since been made law in England such as the right to silence, and others, such as an elected judiciary, that have not.[17]

Screwed.

We are all at once, at any give time the past, the present and the future. And it is this that we must find balance, we cannot all live with hope in our hearts of a better future, we may be burdened by our past or downtrodden by our present. To misquote Wittgenstein, the universe is an enitely different place for the happy man, than it is for the unhappy man.

uk.youtube.com...

We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;-
World-losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams;
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world forever it seems.

With wonderful deathless ditties
We build up the world's great cities,
And out of the fabulous story
We fashion an empire's glory:
One man with a dream, at pleasure,
Shall go forth an conquer a crown;
And three with a new song's measure
Can trample a kingdom down.

We in the ages lying
In the buried past of the earth,
Built Nineveh with our sighing,
And Babel itself in our mirth;
And o'erthrew them with prophesying
To the old of the new world's worth;
For each age is a dream that is dying,
Or one that is coming to birth.

A breath of our inspiration
Is the life of each new generation;
A wonderous thing of our dreaming,
Unearthly, impossible seeming --
The soldier, the king, and the peasant
Are working together in one,
Till our dream shall become their present,
And their work in the world be done.

They had no vision amazing
Of the goodly house they are raising:
They had no divine foreshowing
Of the land to which they were going:
But on one man's sould it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart.

And therefore to-day is thrilling
With the past day's late fulfilling;
And the multitudes are enlisted
In the faith that their father's resisted,
And scorning the dream of to-morrow,
And bringing to pass as they may,
In the world for its joy or its sorrow,
The dream that was scorned yesterday.

(extract from Ode by A W E O'Shaughnessy)

A final word (or more)

uk.youtube.com...

Dare to be and follow your quest, but make sure it is yours.

But most all be happy Maban.

Edited for technical inadequacy...pants!

[edit on 4-10-2008 by KilgoreTrout]

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join