It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO buzz puts NT into flap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

UFO buzz puts NT into flap

www.ntnews.com.au

BEN LANGFORD

03May08

A "UFO flap'' is taking place and Territorians are needed to help scan the skies during a national spotting session tomorrow.

The Australian UFO Research Network has about 40 people across the country ready for a co-ordinated effort.
Network national director Diane Frola said there had been more than 35 sightings in the past seven weeks.

"Certain parts of the world go through what is called a UFO flap ... when there's a multitude of sightings coming from all
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Interesting, can anyone else from Northern Territory, Queensland etc in Australia corroborate?

Also, Pine Gap is in Northern Territory.

www.ntnews.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Pine Gap is a military spy base for the United States located 20 km outside Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

check this out

for some more info

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Informative link about Pine Gap, thanks for info. I am thinking of packing up the old Ford F150, getting full tank of LPG (much cheaper than unleaded) and heading out tonight to see if I can see anything. Will post back if anything anomalous pops up.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Head over to Wycliffe Well south of tennant creek if u have time and about 4 - 5:30 am is the optimum time iirc.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hmmm very interesting, I might give that number a call this weekend perhaps. Sucks that I live in NSW and not NT. I do have reletives that live in Alice Springs but I don't talk to them and just randomly calling them to ask if they have seen anything in the sky would probably be quite strange.

I'll go sit outside for half an hour and watch, I'll report any weird things. Doubt there will be any though.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I hope this leads to something. I am in QLD but in the southeast so pob wont see anything. I wonder if the pine gap/area 51 connection is in play. ET visitors or experimental craft?
I will be waiting for updates primamateria

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yeah i'm in queensland too, went out last night but no luck seeing anything which sucks. i really want to see something and have a high def sony video camera with manually adjustable shutter speed and nightshot on a tripod with full battery charge and recording space! i'll go for a walk later and see if anything shows itself. would also love a pair of mil spec gen 3 night vision goggles with video out if anyone wants to donate a pair
AND a raytheon thermal imaging camera AND a motion senstive 360 high speed motorised tripod thingy with remote control so i can scan the sky while sitting inside in front of a big bank of plasma screens

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i was hoping someone was to see and reveal.
I'm in perth so too far away

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
how close can public get to pine gap?

if anyone knows, how long would it take to drive from s.e qld into alice springs or tenants creek?

i heard last year about 4-5 ppl broke into pine gap under guise of civil inspection but i think they were protesting more than infiltrating.

as OP mentioned it often seems that 4am-5am is optimal time but my undertstanding is that this is due to morning sun lighting up all the satillites as they spin overhead. again if anyone knows about this, i'd be keen to hear their theory too.

[edit on 2008-5-5 by primamateria]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The missile shot in the STS-48 video is reportedly shot from Pine Gap.

top topics

join