It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video of Object That Hovers/Moves for 5 Hours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hi All....

I was searching and rooting through youtube looking for info on the Phoenix lights hoax etc and found this very interesting footage.

It's narrated throughout, by a guy who claims this object, whatever it was, flew over and around his house, disappearing and reappearing for 5 hours straight off and on one night, I think it was October, 2004...he says he's still searching for an explanation on what exactly it was and I figured we here at ATS could offer him our opinions.

Another added bonus is ....after some shaking of the camera in the beginning ..FINALLY someone thinks to get a tripod! Yay
I am thinking a plane or helicopter would be ruled out due to the duration of the sighting and the fact he says it made no noise.

Tell me what you all think...if this video has been shown on ATS, I apologize, I did a bunch of searches but didn't find it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hi LA. This is a great find. I guess we can rule out a couple of things:

--Lack of noise or flashing lights, not a helicopter or plane.
--Can't be balloons or laterns, those can't appear, then reappear and reappear some more.
--Swamp gas, well, there are some who would want us to believe that, isn't there.

This thing looks huge. And even more interesting is the fact that it adds more lights towards the end of the video. What is it? I checked the youtube listing, do we know the location of this incident? I'd also be curious to know if the poster has had anymore sightings. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow.....me tired.

I'm definitely starring and flagging for the find. Maybe some of our video experts can play around with it.

Rush

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The person who posted the video in the OP on Youtube is a certain Rich Giordano who claims to be the webmaster and owner of cnufos.com.

Here's another one of his vids.

Make of it what you will but this person is definitely making and posting fake videos (not really fakes just videos of objects which are often misinterpreted as ufos).

[edit on 5.3.08 by toreishi]

Oops! See my post below.

[edit on 5.3.08 by toreishi]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Isn't it interesting? After watching so many hundreds of night UFO videos this one certainly stands out in my mind as pretty amazing.

The object appears and reappears while the camera is on the tripod, date and time stamp still rolling...lights appearing and reappearing.

I sent the guy who filmed this a youtube mail asking him to provide some more details and sent him the link to this thread since he's obviously interested in UFOS by his youtube profile hoping he might post on it and be around to give us first hand information.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That is a very nice vid.My sound card died so i cant hear whats going on but man that thing looks huge.I would love to know where this was taken.Gonna flag this for sure.Thank you for posting it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Hi Toreishi,

Thanks for posting that video...I think you misunderstood him though, he's debunking his own "mistaken- for- UFO" videos, not creating hoaxes...actually he's proving that he's interested in getting to the truth about the things he's seeing and filming, and stating what he thought he saw, then telling what he later found out they were....

Lends him some credibility IMO...but thanks for posting that video, very interesting.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

Hiyah Tricky,

Yikes sorry to hear about your sound card dying

That's too bad because the guy who shot the video was narrating...it was taken somewhere in Arizona, I don't think he named the city or location.

He said it looked like it was about 2 stories tall as far as he could tell, and looked like an L shaped craft with a bubble/dome on it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

True. I definitely did misunderstand the guy and I'm stepping up to admit my mistake. MY BAD!
Thanks for the clarification LateApexer313.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Hey no problem, an easily made mistake for sure, actually I am glad you found this video...it's great to see how things that at first glance look like UFOS are explainable if you dig a little and are interested in finding the truth, no matter how bad you would like to believe so I am giving you a star

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
hey thanks! is this a one line post?
NOPE. Not anymore. :p

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
More about the man who filmed this object in the OP. This is taken from his website:

Website owner Rich Giordano believes about 96% - 98% of UFO videos and pictures are hoaxed, unintentionally misidentified, military or natural phenomena. The last 4 yrs Rich has videotaped many mundane objects he once thought were UFOs. Through trial and error, research and many, many tests trying to debunk his own videos, Rich found out all the tricks of the trade and how people were misidentifying or hoaxing their videos. It became clear that after debunking the majority of his own videos it was obvious that many other people, without the debunking knowledge, were accidentally falling in love with airplanes and balloons they imagined as UFOs.

www.cnufos.com...

This is one of the films he still can't identify what the object in it is apparently, because in the comments posted underneath it, he states he's still looking for help in solving this mystery object in the video.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As per the Original Post, and the Video, I have no idea at all what that could be. It's odd that he continues to shake pretty bad still after saying he got a tripod. I mean was this "ufo" zigzaging at amazing speeds? I didn't hear him say that. I also noticed before and after the tripod was gotten, the camera keep jerking to the left, makeing the "ufo" appear to be zipping to the right. At least that what it looked like. Hard to tell in a pitch black backgroung though.

He woulda done the video a great service, by switching to night-mode at least a few times, in the hour or two he video taped this object. That throws up a flag to me.

Either way, nice find OP, i've not seen this footage before, thanks for sharing your find.

Now- about the author of this video:

He says something along the lines that he is a believer, a skeptic, a debunker, a promoter(of ufo's), ect. Well that's not his exact words but, you get the point.

He alludes to haveing several if not dozens of sightings, his Web-site is filled with all sorts of videos. Even videos of him trying to recreate the flying humanoid even in Mexico(damn that thing just just wont go away) with balloons. He does a decent job of it, at a distance, and just sky as a background it looks semi convincing, but when you have mountains behind you object, to judge speed,whether or not its rising, or falling, or heading in a straight line ect, thats a whole nother story.

This guy is strange, and I don't mean that in a bad or mean way. I just don't know what to make of him, or this video.

So at this point I take the video with a grain of salt, until more information is brought forth, maybe some of our resident experts can look at it?

Knowing that he has done hoaxes before (EDIT* not really hoaxes, but re-creations, totally different I guess).

Ok, so he has tried to "re-create" the flying humanoid. So in all fairness to him, it could be thought of as an experiment, not a hoax. But still, I'm a bit wary of him, after looking through his website. Oh he'd be my hero if he buried that one and put it away for good!

Anyhow, after comeing to ATS I've concluded haveing a healthy skepticism is a great thing, like haveing an open mind. Also there's nothing wrong with being a believer neither. As long as you don't believe everything, or the some of the incredible stuff shown, and unbelievable claims that some people make.

So a nice medium ground is where it's at in my opinion.

Before comeing here, I hated any and all skeptics, the word "skeptic alone" I thought meant non-believer. Until I realized, you can be a skeptic, and still believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials. I mean you just can't go about believeing every story you hear, or every picture you see.

Now I'm a believer still, but a skeptic in the sense that I haven't seen anything YET (and most of the pictures and videos I have seen are obviously fake), that i can truely say that yes, I think that is a real E.T. craft or being or structure or what have you WITHOUT A DOUBT.

So ya, ATS has made me look much more closely at things, and while I still believe, I don't think there's definitive evidence on any film, or any picture so far, or E.T. existance.

The closest could be some of the NASA stuff, I guess.

Like the STS-48 incident here,

www.youtube.com...

My apologies for all the edits, I'm a terrible typists, and my brain doesn't function well in the morning

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
youtube tells me that video is 'no longer available' . . . so i don't think he'll get too much help here.

is there another source for that vid? sounded like it was going to be worth a look.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
here try this link, it just worked fine for me 10 seconds ago.....

www.youtube.com...

It should be titled "Episode 4 City in the Sky". (I think I got that right)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
ok, there it is now.

interesting story, but not much image to work with. guy comes off as credible though.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Anyhow, after comeing to ATS I've concluded haveing a healthy skepticism is a great thing, like haveing an open mind. Also there's nothing wrong with being a believer neither. As long as you don't believe everything, or the some of the incredible stuff shown, and unbelievable claims that some people make.

Well said, Nola213. I call us "Reasonably Skeptical Believers".

Rush

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Reasonably Skeptical Believers. That's perfect.

It's just wierd I used to think of the term skeptic as basically meaning, well this person doesn't believe in life anywhere in the universe except earth. This was many years ago mind you, but it's just so wierd I used to think that.

Also a hatred well up inside me when I heard the word too. I really didn't understand the meaning of the word at all.

BTW I like your sig. Especially the very bottom of it, hah!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

A bunch of sparks in the sky.

New pilots get stuck because they do not know the principle of flight.

And they will never be told.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

also noticed before and after the tripod was gotten, the camera keep jerking to the left, makeing the "ufo" appear to be zipping to the right.

That is because its a consumer camera on a normal tripod. He has to manualy move the camera to the right to follow the object. So what you get is a jerking motion that makes the object appear to go quickly one way, then it slowly flys by in the other direction. Competely normal.

The fact that there was no noise of the object, or so he claims, is the biggest mystery. Any aircraft that size should make some sort of sound. Also, it does seem to change shape a lot, or at least it gains and loses lights.

But in the end it is all how you want to connect the dots

I am not saying it is a plane, flying slice of pizza, or anything for that matter... I don't know what it is.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This guy rocks!
He uses a tripod. ( A first in my book)
He explains his camera off time. (Another first)
He explains the shaking at the beginning, and corrects it with a tripod.
He describes whats around him and the situation. (The dog barking, the palm tree to the right, etc)

For these reasons alone I find him to be credible, not to mention his demeanor throughout the video, which is as it should be. Inquisitive, curious, somehwat apprehensive. For these reasons he gets a seal of approval from me as being genuine just because its refreshing to find someone who gets it.

If its a fake, then he fooled me, and good for him. But I don't think it is.

Starring Samureyed for doing his homework, or rather for playing connect the dots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join