It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Us Control Of What We Want ATS!!!

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hi there, I have created a thread that I have wanted to delete and end since there is no option to disable the comments on the thread. I have contacted "Bill" and a Super Moderator through U2U. I have also called the number provided and nothing.

It would seem the creators and owners of this site like control. It would seem they are either controlled or are owned and governed by the powers to be, to see how things are going with us. If i'm wrong o'l well, either way this is a warning that in 24 hours I will start creating thread after thread of hate filled B.S so i will be banned and my thread can be deleted. There seems to be no other way to delete my thread called "The message" since they like there control. Why else would they not allow us to eliminate our own threads that we create? Someone else could create the same thread if they chose too, but if i chose that i don't want this thread to exist under my name i think i have that right. Something is wrong here and i hope this situation gets resolved before i have to resort to something that i am not. Give us back our control ATS.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Out of curiosity, is this a stunt to get people to read the thread in question?

I know I haven't looked at it yet, but I am now very curious!

Edn

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is the internet, the only rights you have are the rights the admins of the server you are on (in this case the admins of ats) wish to give you.

In any case ATS is one of the more open sites on the internet, a lot of the stuff posted here would just never be allowed on other sites.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

It would seem the creators and owners of this site like control.

Well. It is THEIR site which they are free to do what they want. I suppose if one doesnt like it, they dont have to stay. Thats how I see it. *shrug*

I have contacted "Bill" and a Super Moderator through U2U. I have also called the number provided and nothing.

I would assume the owners and super MODs get tons and tons of messages and it takes much time to get thru them all.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

+13 more 
posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

So you made a thread that at last check received 123 replies from other members and we should respond to your "threat" of posting lots of junk to remove it at your whim?

I don't know what you were expecting but this isn't how we communicate. The thread will not be deleted. It's a conversation that members have contributed. We do not up and delete people's conversations because someone decides they want to.

Mind you, the decision has absolutely nothing to do with your bizarre tone. Is this how you ask for things offline as well?

Good luck.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

If you get banned, the thread will still be there. You will just see "banned" instead of "member" under your name.

The reason that threads are not deleted is because they are not "your" threads. They are owned by ATS, and every member who contributed to that thread.

I would be pretty angry if I posted something important in one of your threads, and wanted to go back and reference it at some point in the future only to find that my work had been deleted.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This thread will stay here to show your ignorance. And I'll take a one liner for that.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The reason that threads are not deleted is because they are not "your" threads. They are owned by ATS, and every member who contributed to that thread.

(emphasis mine)

That is precisely the point. Well put.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I would assume the owners and super MODs get tons and tons of messages and it takes much time to get thru them all.

Indeed. I sent the SkepticOverlord a u2u about a week ago I think, just to give him a
on something. The message still hasn't even been read according to the "N" icon next to it in my outbox. Maybe he's on vaca or something. Who knows, no biggie anyway as far as I'm concerned. Someone need to chill I think.

[edit on 5/3/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

This is not how i deal with things offline. I am a very peaceful person, but i am asking for a simple thing since i can not do this on my own. I am only answering the wishes of the creator of the video.

Someone else can create the same thread in there name. I do not want this thread to be in my name anymore, and this is my wish. Is this wish too hard for ATS to answer?

I have discussed this with my girlfriend. Since we humans will always be free to think what we want, the powers to be have created this site to see what is going on with "us". Why else would they not answer my simple request?

I am going to ask politly. Please delete my thread! If this cannot be done then delete my account as i cannot do that either! If i cannot have control over what "I" chose to do, then i do not wish to be part of this site.

I have enjoyed what i have gained from this site and wish to continue to learn what is out there. But please do what i ask that is simple, if you want the thread to exist then put it in someone elses name. Thank you

Love and Light

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am just wondering why you want the thread deleted...if what people are posting on your thread bothers you, simply stop reading it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I dont understand what was wrong with that thread? That thread was good in my opinion because it sparked a great discussion.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spaxz
Hi there, I have created a thread that I have wanted to delete and end since there is no option to disable the comments on the thread. I have contacted "Bill" and a Super Moderator through U2U. I have also called the number provided and nothing.

When did you do this?

I have no U2U from you... there is no email from the contact form from you... and I've listened to the voice mails from the 1-800 number, and I have nothing about the thread you've mentioned.

Please send me a u2U and let me know what the issue is.

Why else would they not allow us to eliminate our own threads that we create?

Very few forums/boards allow that.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Why do you really care whose name it is under? Is Spaxz a trademark name or something?

If i cannot have control over what "I" chose to do, then i do not wish to be part of this site.

No one controls the past. You cannot reverse a choice that you have already made. And that is not the fault of ATS or anyone else. If you blame this site for not being a time-machine portal to reverse your decisions of the past, then I don't think they can really help you.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I just had a look at the thread. I like it, actually. Lot's of nice participation, and I don't understand why you would want it deleted.

I would think this Alaje Plaidean would be happy that the video is getting attention whether or not people agree with it.

People are getting the overall message whether this person is an alien or not. It seems to me this Plaidean fellow is more worried about his image being attacked, than people listening to his message.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Djarums

This is not how i deal with things offline. I am a very peaceful person, but i am asking for a simple thing since i can not do this on my own. I am only answering the wishes of the creator of the video.

The creator of the video has zero say in what we can and can't talk about here. He has zero control if people want to link to his video. He has total control of where he posts his video. If he posted it on Google Video or Youtube, he has zero say on how his videos are shared as it is no longer "his" video.

Someone else can create the same thread in there name. I do not want this thread to be in my name anymore, and this is my wish. Is this wish too hard for ATS to answer?

And all the great posts that other members worked hard on would just be deleted, right? If you don't want the thread in your name, don't write it to begin with.

I have discussed this with my girlfriend. Since we humans will always be free to think what we want, the powers to be have created this site to see what is going on with "us". Why else would they not answer my simple request?

Wait, you say we are free to say and think what we want, just not if its in "your" thread? Your request is not "simple". It is a bad thing to censor people on ATS for no reason other than someone else wants them to shut up.

I am going to ask politly. Please delete my thread! If this cannot be done then delete my account as i cannot do that either! If i cannot have control over what "I" chose to do, then i do not wish to be part of this site.

And yet you keep returning. If you hate us all so much. leave. You don't need to be banned to go away. The admin of this great site are not forcing you to keep returning ny not banning you. If you really have that much of a problem with this site, maybe you should add the IP address to your browsers "forbidden" list.

Maybe when your done erasing the threads you don't like anymore, you can mosey on down to the library and burn the books you don't like too.....

I have enjoyed what i have gained from this site and wish to continue to learn what is out there.

Then why the hell do you want to be banned? You are really sending out some extremely mixed messages.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Rackham]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

No Spaxz is not a trademark, but the creator of the video knows that it is me. No I cannot go back in the past, and for that i feel disgusted in myself for not gaining the response from the creator of the video before i posted it.

Bill i will try and U2U again and i hope it will work this time. I called the hotline and got a voicemail and left a polite message. This seems strange that nothing was there. Now that you have responded i hope this can get straighten out. Cause like i said i like this Site and what it does but i think we should have control of our own threads. As for going back and finding work you have done on other threads...maybe you should save it to your computer if it is so important and hard work.

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You created the thread.

Just because your baby is ugly does not give you the right to take it to the river and drown it.

If you had the guts to bring it in this world, you should have the guts to raise it.

You have my sympathy though. I've started many threads that I wish I could erase. I've made more posts than I can count that I wish I could take back. I can't.

It is not the fault of ATS that you have a big mouth, and it is not their job to clean up your mess.

If you're not happy, Try thinking before you make another post.

I learned that lesson the hard way, thats why you seldom see me post anything

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thank you all for your positive posts. This is why our planet is so beautiful only without us.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Thank you all for your positive posts. This is why our planet is so beautiful only without us.

Without us the planet is boring, just dog eat dog. We give it intrigue, thought, conspiracy.

Without a doubt the planet is beautiful, but we make it interesting.

That's important.

Love and light,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join