It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles Strike Sadr City, Damaging Hospital

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I guess that might be an improvement over Vietnam when they recited walking through the Jungle:

"Even though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest MoFo in the valley"

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
As you see it, I suppose. I'll accept the first half of that... not the second.

I have no use for biased agendas.

Oh... I'm sorry... I thought we were talking about Americans bombing this hospital according to this article. Your comment has nothing to do with this incident.

It wasn't me who brought it up.

This smart bomb was not aimed at the hospital, but at a house near the hospital, which is probably why the insurgents chose such a place, as it was ideal.

Again, you are simply justifying the actions here.

Give me your address.

Anyone who understands basic modern combat, can understand such actions.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by West Coast]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
From my opening post:

Neighbors said the building was used as a place of prayer for pilgrims, hospital employees and neighborhood residents, but the military identified it as a command center for the Shiite militias that it is battling.

Notice the contradiction there? Seems we hit the wrong target.. again.

"was used" past tense..

"the military identified" past tense..

What came first.. the chicken or the egg...

Perhaps shots may have been fired or the military saw a threat to indicate that this location housed opposition.

I'm not personally for the Americans being there.

Heavy artillery in a local area because everyone is considered a threat? How else would one interpret a hostile surrounding? No wonder some come back messed up... mentally. Thats a lot of pressure to put on a person who's not unstable to beggen with.

Also.. most, if not all, reports/reporters tend to skew what is written so as to sell as much papers/news as possibe so that they can get a promo that includes a raise to help pay their bills.

Propaganda is another story...

Unless one is walking and getting 100% info from both sides without any middle men/woman its all grey.

Peace.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Willbert]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Same thing as screaming Allah Akbar. I wonder whats up with these guys. They must have so much bloodlust. Took a few minutes to get permission to fire. You think they would have fired immediately after identifying.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Their God is Japanese too. Unless otherwise.

The Japanese army wanted to keep on fighting, the Japanese Navy leaders prefer to give up. Guess they know what was at stakes, hence asking for Emperor's voice in the matter. Otherwise they wouldn't be giving up. I guess the Japanese do have something precious that they are willing to give up eh?
Just have to look for that weakness.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Hey deltaboy. Would you care to explain this one?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Their God is Japanese too. Unless otherwise.

The Japanese army wanted to keep on fighting, the Japanese Navy leaders prefer to give up. Guess they know what was at stakes, hence asking for Emperor's voice in the matter. Otherwise they wouldn't be giving up. I guess the Japanese do have something precious that they are willing to give up eh?
Just have to look for that weakness.

I guess since you think it unfolded that way, it makes it true.

You are exposing a character flaw within yourself, btw. What is it, you ask? You have lost the ability for compassion, if not completely, you have narrowed your margin of sympathy.

How can anyone be right, when everyone is wrong?

Of course, you're from the "strongest will survive" ideology, and we all should "look for others weaknesses to exploit," as you so eloquently suggested.

It is people like you that will cause the demise of our civilization, which is eroding from within because of inconsiderate minds like yours. That is my truth, and unfortunately so many others as well.

AAC

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The depth of the soul says much the mind that erases people in essence of helping mankind, may be behind in the ethics department.

The people that are sought to kill are killing something in themselves, those that seek to embrace those that have lost the vision of being have to look no farther then within their being.

I take it its not a popular route but a vision worth holding.

Our vote is only popular to those that have a voice and for those to tired and weary to strike a pose.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
The people that are sought to kill are killing something in themselves

Never a truer word spoken, Menguard.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Its funny how those that show things in the light are usually the ones marked for death, their vision no matter how minute holds time in place for things to be resolved.

All great men have came to the decision that knowing something is useless unless it can be shared..

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Did you watch the video? Did you listen? Who else besides Blackwater was targeting? F-18s? I guess you pretty much just think they were on a turkey shoot on a bunch of insurgents. Similar to Gulf War bombing on retreating Iraqi troops.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Compassion for what? Insurgents getting blown up? Japanese getting blown up? They didn't have any compassion during their invasion of China. What makes you think I should have such compassion about it now?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I believe he was referring to the mentality of "offing" anything that moves, because they must be an insurgent.

Hey deltaboy, riddle me this... What would you do if the Muslim Extremist came into your hometown with the biggest artillery imaginable to suppress you and keep you at bay, whilst they stole all of your oil, money, women, and dignity?

Would you become a freedom fighter to help your country regain what is rightfully yours? How can you not understand that they do not want us there?

You are living an counter-productive illusion, and I'm here to help.

AAC

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You have answer in your post. A turkey shoot is what it is. I suppose you truly see nothing wrong with such indiscriminate killings. He must of gunned down a dozen running men. All in a good day's work.

link   

Because we're supposed to learn from our mistakes and rise above it all to set an example. Are you not familiar with the founding fathers ideology? We can't preach freedom with a gun, my friend. And you're tit for tat mentality is only hurting you, even if you can't see it, I bet you feel it.

AAC

link   

What would you do if Japan drop the atomic bombs on the U.S. Would you give up? Or do you believe that you can still fight, even though there is risk your family be next to nuke? Counterproductive? Or a way to win? Ask yourself this. Why did the Japanese people didn't go attack the U.S. long after the atomic bombs of Nagasaki and Hiroshima? You think nuking their families would be enough to make them attack us at home?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Japanese considered the bomb a "Magical Weapon." They were wise enough to realize that they couldn't win, and most didn't want to go back to a militarized regime.

Have you read the Potsdam Declaration?

1. We-the President of the United States, the President of the National Government of the Republic of China, and the Prime Minister of Great Britain, representing the hundreds of millions of our countrymen, have conferred and agree that Japan shall be given an opportunity to end this war.
2. The prodigious land, sea and air forces of the United States, the British Empire and of China, many times reinforced by their armies and air fleets from the west, are poised to strike the final blows upon Japan. This military power is sustained and inspired by the determination of all the Allied Nations to prosecute the war against Japan until she ceases to resist.
3. The result of the futile and senseless German resistance to the might of the aroused free peoples of the world stands forth in awful clarity as an example to the people of Japan. The might that now converges on Japan is immeasurably greater than that which, when applied to the resisting Nazis, necessarily laid waste to the lands, the industry and the method of life of the whole German people. The full application of our military power, backed by our resolve, will mean the inevitable and complete destruction of the Japanese armed forces and just as inevitably the utter devastation of the Japanese homeland.
4. The time has come for Japan to decide whether she will continue to be controlled by those self-willed militaristic advisers whose unintelligent calculations have brought the Empire of Japan to the threshold of annihilation, or whether she will follow the path of reason.
5. Following are our terms. We will not deviate from them. There are no alternatives. We shall brook no delay.
6. There must be eliminated for all time the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest, for we insist that a new order of peace, security and justice will be impossible until irresponsible militarism is driven from the world.
7. Until such a new order is established and until there is convincing proof that Japan's war-making power is destroyed, points in Japanese territory to be designated by the Allies shall be occupied to secure the achievement of the basic objectives we are here setting forth.
8. The terms of the Cairo Declaration shall be carried out and Japanese sovereignty shall be limited to the islands of Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, Shikoku and such minor islands as we determine.
9. The Japanese military forces, after being completely disarmed, shall be permitted to return to their homes with the opportunity to lead peaceful and productive lives.
10. We do not intend that the Japanese shall be enslaved as a race or destroyed as a nation, but stern justice shall be meted out to all war criminals, including those who have visited cruelties upon our prisoners. The Japanese Government shall remove all obstacles to the revival and strengthening of democratic tendencies among the Japanese people. Freedom of speech, of religion, and of thought, as well as respect for the fundamental human rights shall be established.
11. Japan shall be permitted to maintain such industries as will sustain her economy and permit the exaction of just reparations in kind, but not those which would enable her to re-arm for war. To this end, access to, as distinguished from control of, raw materials shall be permitted. Eventual Japanese participation in world trade relations shall be permitted.
12. The occupying forces of the Allies shall be withdrawn from Japan as soon as these objectives have been accomplished and there has been established in accordance with the freely expressed will of the Japanese people a peacefully inclined and responsible government.
13. We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces, and to provide proper and adequate assurances of their good faith in such action. The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction.

Source

The people of Japan liked these terms. That is why it is different. 4,6,9,10,11, 12 were very favorable.

AAC

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Regarding the lack of revenge comment. The reason is not fear or dominance.

You have not seen all the reparations and appeasement that has been going on for oh, say, 65 years?

Look at Japan today. #2 richest country, #2 U.S. ally, a country that still is highly dignified. That incredible metamorphosis did not occur by chance.

The United States like all powerful countries can make friends or make foes. Which one, is always by design or consequence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join