It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles Strike Sadr City, Damaging Hospital

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sounds like another "Shoot first, ask questions later"

Why can't someone phone the place up and TALK to them first, or even send someone to go talk with them BEFORE shooting up the whole place.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

*Taps an insurgent's shoulder holding an rpg. How anti-American are you?
How many others with you? Whats your favorite color? Do you prefer a JDAM or a Hellfire? Do you think its unfair for Americans to be attacking you from the air?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

*Taps an insurgent's shoulder holding an rpg. How anti-American are you?
How many others with you? Whats your favorite color? Do you prefer a JDAM or a Hellfire? Do you think its unfair for Americans to be attacking you from the air?

It's called an investigation, there are many ways to go about it.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

yeah, sadly its true.
They most likely setup base next to the hopstial beliving americans wouldnt try to avoid striking it,
plus its only a hop step and a jump should they get injured.

while it is a bad tactic and leaves the US with no real choice i still look back at why things got to this level anyway.

We cant blame them entirely, we started this violent charade.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Hence why we have UAVs around. Besides Apaches and Kiowas hanging around and confirming they are insurgents or not.

Seen the video I just posted? I think they took forever to launch a missile at some insurgents.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hence why we have UAVs around. Besides Apaches and Kiowas hanging around and confirming they are insurgents or not.

Seen the video I just posted? I think they took forever to launch a missile at some insurgents.

Yes I've seen it, which makes me wonder how did they manage to hit the hospital area each time? how can they miss each time if they are so careful.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

How they manage to hit the hospital area? The targeted building was next door. I'm surprise there was no dead at the hospital.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Tell the insurgents to meet the military in the desert and let civilians out of the way. O yeah that ain't gonna happen.

Then leave them alone.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

How they manage to hit the hospital area? The targeted building was next door. I'm surprise there was no dead at the hospital.

So by that logic, they knew they would hurt civillians, and next to a hospital too..... a place to heal people.......

In the USA you spend hours to days in a hostage situation to make sure there are NO civillian casualties, but in Iraq, who gives a crap right?

I'm sure you would feel different if this happened in the usa, how much do you want to BET that if these insurgents/terrorists or whatever they are, were in a building next to a hospital, in the USA, that nothing like this would have happened. Only because it's another country you can get away with this crap. Nobody gives a crap because it's on tv, not in their local hospital, not their friends or family getting hurt. It's not real to them.

If your family members were in that local hospital in the usa, and got hurt by this incident, would you be all accepting?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Next time you hear about a hostage situation in a residential district, you may want to ask your local law enforcement why they didn't smart bomb the area.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
War is different Pheonix. There really are no rules. The insurgents shot innocent civilians several times in making it look like the US did it. It is called Psychological Warfare and even unorganized militias do it to gain support.

Many times, the insurgents will pick a place they think the US military will not strike. A hospital has been chosen several times, including schools and other places. Many times, these places are cleared out before the insurgents set up weapons caches or a command post. The US knows this.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
War is different Pheonix. There really are no rules. The insurgents shot innocent civilians several times in making it look like the US did it. It is called Psychological Warfare and even unorganized militias do it to gain support.

Yes I know it's war. But the best side in any war are those with compassion and those who REMEMBER why they are in the war in the first place, to serve and PROTECT!

Aren't these people supposed to help the civillians?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I remember Saddam was hiding huge caches of missiles, mortars and other war hardware in schools. In Gaza they bring in rockets in ambulences. To me it's like being in a boxing ring and these guys are like mike tyson. They will bit off your ears when you thought it was a fair fight. They are lucky we have drones and smart bombs. In world war 2 we carpet bombed areas like this and hoped for the best. BTY I like the precisness which was shown in the video on this thread. Atleast we fight with much more chivalry than the enemy.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonhb
BTY I like the precisness which was shown in the video on this thread. Atleast we fight with much more chivalry than the enemy.

Yes me too, but did they even think to find out who was in the building they were standing by? lol There could have been random people in there relaxing, parents playing with their baby daughter, someone having a poo or a shower?

Man I hope no insugents ever hang around outside my home, damn! Imagine getting your house blown up like that, and having no idea what the hell just happened.

Also you talk about precisness, are you forgetting about this thread lol. It looks like not all soldiers have good aim haha.

Also the description of that video is rather funny.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Good points and analogy. A cab driver Saddam liked was interviewed once and said Saddam had him go dig up a child who died recently from a cemetary and tie to the top of his car (or something to this effect).

Saddam then said to drive around the city and US satellites would pick up the image. Saddam later used this image to show the world how the US Oil for Food program was killing the children.

The child in this example did not die from the Oil for Food program. It was a Psychological Warfare tactic to get the US citizens in not backing their government.

This goes on all the time, these countries listen to CNN and ant-American views from Americans and then repeat back to them in a different way. This way, it creates and identification between their government and the anti-American viewer.

Michael Moore is a good example. He is highly manipulated by these tactics and writes more about it, hyping it up. Just what these governments want. Same thing with Jane Fonda and the North Vietnamese government.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

You're comparing apples to oranges. The japs were told by their God (emperor) to surrender. Mc Arthur cut a deal to keep the emperor alive, considering the culture of the Japanese in that period. They would've continued fighting to the death if this deal was not struck. After Mc Arthur rewrote their constitution, it was inevitable that they would soon change into an americanized domesticated country.

It's cool when your rational comes from false logic.

AAC

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I watched your video. The bravery floors me. Blowing 4 men to pieces from an attack chopper because they have an object that looks like an RPG. Long thin things could be anything. The imagination is in adrenaline overdrive. Is it any wonder we are bombing hospitals?

From the video:

1: "It's an RPG! shoot 'em up."
2: "Do it man."

The bloodlust is frankly disgusting.

[edit on 2008/5/4 by SteveR]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

From the video:

1: "It's an RPG! shoot 'em up."
2: "Do it man."

It looks like one of them enjoys singing a little tune before killing too haha.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I forgot to mention that bit. One of them was humming a tune, before gunning down 4+ men standing in the street.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

I forgot to mention that bit. One of them was humming a tune, before gunning down 4+ men standing in the street.

At least there were a couple of wise ones trying to get them to use the lower damage weapon, but it seems they didn't like that. Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join