It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody care anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
For the past 2 months, all I have heard is "Obama's pastor this" "Obama's pastor that".

Now, I am not in favor or against Obama, but this is ENOUGH. I doubt anybody in America even cares anymore besides the 27 or so percent of Americans that still approve of Bush.

The media definitely has a bias on the "Republicans", but are trying to get Clinton to look good because they know she has absolutely NO chance at all against the Republicans.

It's done and over, we know what his pastor said, and nobody cares anymore.

Please stop with the garbage media.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The media has a habit of making something out of nothing. They are trying to keep this story alive to make it look like people give a crap. To me it's basicly the same as Britney's breakdown. Or Paris going to jail. Totally meaningless. When they cover these kinds of stories over and over again, it keeps far more important things from being reported on.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't agree that the media have a bias toward Republicans. It has been noted by many that some news outlets have been biased toward Obama.

That changed somewhat after the Wright diatribes.

Coverage of the Wright sermons and his history was an important story, but I think by now we have had enough of it.

Through it all Obama has handled it with poise and grace, although his responses and vacillations have been somewhat disconcerting.

I'm not sure who will get the nomination, but I can say that the Democrat primary season has been a debacle and does not bode well for the campaign for the general election.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes I care. Obama & his past is catching up with him. The same with Hillary. I think the media even cares or it wouldn't keep plastering it on the news every night. No matter how bias the media may be there is a time when they know their freedom may be taken from them. I don't trust Obama, Hillary or McCain with America right now and it seems the media doesn't either. It's time for a complete overhaul of politics and the people running for the office of President. When does it come a time for complete change? When the media stops caring about politics and shows the truth for a change. I think McCain see's this and is avoiding it by staying away from the media while Hillary & Obama dig a deeper hole that they will not be able to climb out of. It's a smart plan by McCain but I hope the media calls him out on his faults too. Who does that leave? Well there's Ron Paul who speaks the truth but can he win or even do the things he speaks of? So yes I care, the media cares and ATS cares when you look at the debates. The question is, do the people of America care enough to change and vote for what they know is right not the party they support?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

The media gets an enormous amount of money from both sides, therefore they do everything in their power to make the election seem as close as possible, even if it doesn’t reflect the sentiment of the country. Watch, we’ll be neck in neck all the way down to election day.

Fortunately I think most Americans are sick to death of the msm, they just watch now to pick out the lies. If the media is going to regain our trust they’ll have to completely reinvent themselves, or become better liars - same with Washington.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yeah the media does that it has for a long time,but I blame the simple minded folks that fall for this crap.The two dems running for office are so close when it comes to the issues so thats when the wedge issues come up.Six days of this crap was reported over and over again.Folks wake up.You are being played.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well I care. Tell you what's gonna happen when Obama gets the majority of the delagates just by the primaries- one of 3 things-

1) The Clintons have been in politics for so long they have crap on lots of people and it's obvious from the past that they're willing to use it to cajole some super-delagates their way. And it's obvious that super-delagates are the ones that are going to decide who the nominee is as an outright win is almost impossible.

2) Hillary knows that McCain is a one-term President at best and has been sliming Obama while virtually ignoring McCain so she may get a shot at the VP spot with McCain and get the Presidency next election cycle. I actually think this unlikely as this would poison her to all the Dems and most of the Indys.

3) Here's what I REALLY think. Hillary will slime Obama as hard as she possibly can and do her best to see that McCain wins, once again, knowing he's a one-term President. Then she can start fresh and win the Presidency in the next election. If so, and also as in the #2 example above, she's one of the biggest sell-out traitors in the history of the US. And again, if so, one of the biggest egotistical bitches or bastards in the history of our country.

Damned scary that the most important election since before WWII has the public focused on lapel pins and the stupid 18 cent gas tax suspension and BS like that. To hell with the important facts and concerns facing America, right? Let's all focus on the BS.

I do care but it seems to be an incredible and disheartening waste of time. I fear it's all out of our hands.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by kpoff]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't know how many of you remember the Chicago '68 convention. It just might be the very same thing but for differant reasons. Disenfranchisment is going to tear things apart. Regardless, in this case, we don't even have the lesser of two evils to vote for. We're screwed no matter what happens with the next few elections. If the US lasts that long!!!
Zindo

top topics

join